Barrie McKay

Gaz92

Hats off to the youngster last night, I think this one has a big future.

I wouldn't say he had the most lively game, but you can just tell he's had the right upbringing in terms of how to play the game. From his touch, the way he controls the ball and passes it, he's got a mature footballing brain for a player of his age. If it's 3 years in the lower division, where he can continue to hone his game, I think he'll be a cracking player.

That's if one of those big bad SPL clubs don't come and steal him off of us. :sherlock:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When he has the confidence to step past the final defender and take a shot on he will be a right good un.

Ran himself into the ground last night looked exhausted when subbed, you cant ask for much more than that.

In terms of his mentality he's excellent. Even when something doesn't quite come off for him you can see what he was trying to do and he is certainly one of the brightest players we've got right now. Hopefully we can keep him fit and he gets a lot of first team action this season. My only criticism of him is that sometimes he tries too hard to pass the ball into the net. There were at least two occasions last night where I felt he should have just had a shot but seemed almost scared to do so. I'm sure this will improve very quickly though.

Very impressed with him overall. Hope we keep him for a long time.

It was a toss up between Mckay or Shiels for man of the match. Think Mckay just edged it though. Shiels is a far more accomplished and finished article, but Mckay looked to have a raw talent, the best I've seen any youngster have at Ibrox. He had quick feet and wanted to run at players, whilst also looking to slip balls through to the strikers. He looked really good coming in off the right hand side and supporting.

He needs to work on his awareness too - a few times he was caught turning into the defender but these are all things that can be knocked out of his game with experience.

At times he was too raw though - hope we work with him at Murray Park and develop him further. He'll be the type of winger who will blow hot and cold, but we need to stick with him. Delighted for him. A great home debut.

First half I thought he was awful. Second half, he was far better.

I was late in (like a lot of us) so I wasn't too sutre who was who for a while. When I did get to grips with the line up I didn't think much of him in the first half. Seemed like a different player in the second.

A lot of the comments in this post are spot on. This will need to stop :lol:

This lad will learn and will progress at a massive club

Ness and McCabe on the other hand..

One will be lucky to get any game time, the other will play for some shite club and get found out how bad he is then be working in blockbuster

Think he was a bit scared to really take players on when getting in the final third and often just passed it, but at 17 he looks really promising. A couple of nice FIFA style heel chops too :happy:

Moving up the leagues as he develops should be good for him, and lo the youngsters.

He's only 17 and people were criticising him after the last game

This is a concern for me. Poster after poster rejects the possibility of signing experienced players stating that they'd prefer Ally to use younger players. Then 30 minutes in to their debut, many of our fans are already slagging off these callow youth players. One poster above, Goat, who regularly lashed out at Gregg Wylde, observed that he thought McKay's 1st half display was awful. What hope can there be for young players with that kind of impatience?

This is a concern for me. Poster after poster rejects the possibility of signing experienced players stating that they'd prefer Ally to use younger players. Then 30 minutes in to their debut, many of our fans are already slagging off these callow youth players. One poster above, Goat, who regularly lashed out at Gregg Wylde, observed that he thought McKay's 1st half display was awful. What hope can there be for young players with that kind of impatience?

THIS !!!

We need to give them a chance to develop at no point in the game was McKay awfull and he was extremley direct and was looking to make thing happen and the fact he set up two of our goals suggests his awareness and vision is pretty good. We need to get behind our youth players and give them a chance to develop into good players.

THIS !!!

We need to give them a chance to develop at no point in the game was McKay awfull and he was extremley direct and was looking to make thing happen and the fact he set up two of our goals suggests his awareness and vision is pretty good. We need to get behind our youth players and give them a chance to develop into good players.

This! The lad is 17 and already a good player! Doesn't look out of place..in fact, quite the opposite! He was also involved in most things last night!! We have a promising talent on our hands here!!

This! The lad is 17 and already a good player! Doesn't look out of place..in fact, quite the opposite! He was also involved in most things last night!! We have a promising talent on our hands here!!

I would say we have had quite a few young kids come in and look better than our signings. Bedoya, Ortiz etc.

A good blend of youth and experience is whats needed now. 17 or 18 years old. If they look good enough get them in!

Is McLeod not meant to be a better prospect than McKay is?

I don't think it's fair to say that as they play completley different roles (is it McLeod or MacLeod as I keep reading different spellings) they both have great potential.

The most promising youth player is supposed to be Charlie Telfer a young winger he is only 16 odd and is very small but has great technical skills but will need a year or two to develop physically but he is supposed to be one of the most promising players in a long time we just have to hope he doesn't turn out like Fleck.

I don't think it's fair to say that as they play completley different roles (is it McLeod or MacLeod as I keep reading different spellings) they both have great potential.

The most promising youth player is supposed to be Charlie Telfer a young winger he is only 16 odd and is very small but has great technical skills but will need a year or two to develop physically but he is supposed to be one of the most promising players in a long time we just have to hope he doesn't turn out like Fleck.

And who can measure who is the best prospect anyway at 17?