Bocanegra,Broadfoot And Goian

RFCHTID

I said almost exactly this the other day and got a bunch of negatives and even labelled a lesbian for daring to say that maybe captain fantastic, was not so fantastic. I have to say he was at fault for the first Peterhead goal, he fell over again. I dont think he should be our captain. We need a true Rangers man.

Goian was all over the place aswell and having those two at the back is a liabilty. I really feared we had lost the game, which the other boys who played brilliantly, particularly McKay, Sheils and Little did not deserve. I watched Ally in his after game chat, and from all the dubilation of tuesday, he did sounded a bit stunned and admitted the defence was terrible. I was at both the Beith and Cambuslang games and there was some great youngsters on show, perhaps they should be given a chance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

defensively, all 3 were poor. Although Boca is usually better than he was today, broadfoot & goian have been pish for a while now.

on the ball, broadfoot actually played well today, exchanged some 1-2's getting into the opponents half. Broadfoot is actually useful if used properly, which imo, is a RWB without TOO much defensively responsibilty & plenty of cover for him.

Goian was woeful on the ball, to many misplaced passes. I'd happily get rid of him, take Perry any day over him.

This is my first post and more than likely i will get shotdown in flames for this.These 3 players really need to go as soon as possible.Bocanegra and Goian were just going through the motions today and Broadfoot was at fault for both the goals.We need fighters in the team,certainly none of the 3 of these players showed that today,they simply rolled over to get their bellies rubbed

Bocanegra and Goian dont want to be here,it showed today but playing like that they arent going anywhere fast as for Broadfoot he needs to have a good bloody look at himself,he has been woeful the last 3 games and should be benched right away.

Discuss

Spot on m8, they were fkn bomb scares at the back, lucky to get away with a draw but work in progress but defence needs to be sorted out,sooner rather than later.

I'd agree with that although I think that Boca is a complete professional and it may be Goian that's making him look bad. Broadfoot? Why this man's still at Rangers just beggars belief. For the last 2 years we've been complaining about Whittaker and a lot of people were wanting Broadsword at right back... incredible, probably one of the worst defenders I've ever seen. Andy Little got the touch for the equaliser but that's about all he did, the right side is woeful. Early days though and basically we've had no pre season matches and only Brechin, East Fife and Peterhead to play against. Kyle and Sandaza look promising and hopefully Ian Black will come on to a game too.

Never rated Goian. He's a brick wall and if he manages to get himself in the right areas he's pretty solid. No movement and no awareness though. Nothing needs to be said about Broadfoot apart from that he's not a very talented player but somewhat makes up for his lack of ability with a hard-working mentality.

I do believe Bocanegra just had a one-off bad game, he was good against East Fife and played well against Brechin too.

We can still have a great season in division 3 with this defence, but we need Lee Wallace back in the fullback position. 3 at the back isn't going well. Hopefully when Emilson and Perry are both fit we will see a lot of them.

Need to remember guys - it's early days. The squad isn't complete yet and most of our team are at 80% match fitness or less. Let's see how the next 4 or 5 league matches go before we start calling for anyone's head. We must reveal tolerance and sanity.

I said almost exactly this the other day and got a bunch of negatives and even labelled a lesbian for daring to say that maybe captain fantastic, was not so fantastic. I have to say he was at fault for the first Peterhead goal, he fell over again. I dont think he should be our captain. We need a true Rangers man.

Goian was all over the place aswell and having those two at the back is a liabilty. I really feared we had lost the game, which the other boys who played brilliantly, particularly McKay, Sheils and Little did not deserve. I watched Ally in his after game chat, and from all the dubilation of tuesday, he did sounded a bit stunned and admitted the defence was terrible. I was at both the Beith and Cambuslang games and there was some great youngsters on show, perhaps they should be given a chance.

Too many wannabe Football Managers in this thread and this comment takes the biscuit.

Yes, Boca has not been at his best but he was a great player last season and has the history to show that he can do it again.

After making that comment, which 'true Rangers man' do you have in mind to be our saviour with the captains armband?

Can we please realise that these players have been put through the ringer just as much, if not more, than we have through all of this? I know that it is us that stood to lose a club that we loved from our birth but these guys stood by that club when they could have walked and got a big pay day. They did that and still had no competitive matches to play in, unsure if they were ever going to play a game in the light blue again, let alone a worthy pre-season.

I agree that Broadfoot has been rank of late, but he has been there when we needed him at times. He needs to go but let's be civil about it.

Goian seemed to be wanting to be big Lorenzo at times today, playing out from the back and I am certain this is Ally's fault and not entirely the defenders. I am thinking that Ally has under estimated the SFL 3 and set the team up to learn a style that will do well in the Scottish and League Cups.

The whole team were shit today and I include Ally McCoist in that synopsis.

Too many wannabe Football Managers in this thread and this comment takes the biscuit.

Yes, Boca has not been at his best but he was a great player last season and has the history to show that he can do it again.

After making that comment, which 'true Rangers man' do you have in mind to be our saviour with the captains armband?

I am not suggesting I am a football manager, nor are the other people in this thread they are simply putting across their opinion on their team, is this not what this forum is for??

Which Rangers Saviour? How about anyone who has been with the club more than 10 minutes and hasnt even to this day been linked with a move away. We need a leader and he didnt show that today or at the East Fife game, and he was not our best player last year in my opinion

If he wasnt here, who would you pick as Captain?

I am not suggesting I am a football manager, nor are the other people in this thread they are simply putting across their opinion on their team, is this not what this forum is for??

Which Rangers Saviour? How about anyone who has been with the club more than 10 minutes and hasnt even to this day been linked with a move away. We need a leader and he didnt show that today or at the East Fife game, and he was not our best player last year in my opinion

If he wasnt here, who would you pick as Captain?

Answer a question with a question? Sums it up really.

To answer yours, I would certainly not have Lee McCulloch - a man who most fans loved to hate during the last year or so. You don't pick a captain because he has worn the jersey for 10 minutes, you pick a captain that can lead a team.

So, apart from a full international who has led his National side with success, there is nobody capable, in my opinion.

McCulloch has been leading by example. The reason that people wanted him out of the team was because he was playing shite. He's conducted himself with enormous integrity over the summer and shown people what it means to be a Rangers player.

Oh come on. Broadfoot took pelters for ages and then hit a bit of form and was immediately loved for a performance against Celtic. We are all fickle, whether you can acknowledge it or not and as soon as McCulloch plays one shite game, he will be the subject of discussion on here as much as these three are in this thread.

Never been a big fan of Broadfoot but he will try harder than most (see Goian today). I'm willing to put it down to rustiness as I have seen him play better(one old firm game he had McGeady in his pocket whole game) but he NEEDS to improve. There seems to be positive attitude from most supporters here but one bad result and it disappears, another bad result/performance and it makes it difficult to defend players who aren't doing their job.

Answer a question with a question? Sums it up really.

To answer yours, I would certainly not have Lee McCulloch - a man who most fans loved to hate during the last year or so. You don't pick a captain because he has worn the jersey for 10 minutes, you pick a captain that can lead a team.

So, apart from a full international who has led his National side with success, there is nobody capable, in my opinion.

Yes that is right, pick someone who leads, BOCA DOESNT LEAD, he was all over the place today and didnt command anything, you never see him shouting stuff, or speaking to young players or anything.

I have said Jig on many occasions and not because he is the best player or i fancy him or any other silly reason but although i realise he is getting on a bit and can have good and bad days but he was the first to say he'd play for nothing, he was the first back at training and in todays game and in the east fife and at Brechin he commanded the game, i saw him at the east fife game talking to youngsters, encouraging etc, and to me that is what a captain should do lead, his actions over the summer were a great example to the youngsters. That to me makes him worthy of the armband.

Leave now and give us time to rebuild. Bocanegra would of course be missed the most, but you can't keep an unhappy player from leaving.

Leave now so we are able to sign some replacements before it's too late.

I will be really unhappy if they leave too near the deadline, though I imagine that Ally already has plans as to who he wants to replace them.

Yes that is right, pick someone who leads, BOCA DOESNT LEAD, he was all over the place today and didnt command anything, you never see him shouting stuff, or speaking to young players or anything.

I have said Jig on many occasions and not because he is the best player or i fancy him or any other silly reason but although i realise he is getting on a bit and can have good and bad days but he was the first to say he'd play for nothing, he was the first back at training and in todays game and in the east fife and at Brechin he commanded the game, i saw him at the east fife game talking to youngsters, encouraging etc, and to me that is what a captain should do lead, his actions over the summer were a great example to the youngsters. That to me makes him worthy of the armband.

Agree to disagree then, but USA have influential players at their disposal and still opted for Bocanegra as captain. You can argue that the USA is his country and he will have a passion for it, but nobody at Rangers has a passion for it and that is our problem - no true Bears to be had. Until then, we have to look at the player with the most influence and experience.

There are plenty of true bears, and USA Captain, i dont get that either when Dempsey is a much better player than him. The guy on sky sports kinda laughed as he said that if you watch it back.

Yes lets agree to disagree because he has done nothing in my opinion to warrant being Captain, i like a friendly debate thank you for not minding chatting with a female bear. :beer1: