Mike Ashley

WCPRANGERS1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me what Mike Ashley gets in Return from having a 10% stake in our club, I know we get a huge investment and Sports Direct sponsorship but what does Mike get ? a hole in his pocket or will he receive money from the merchandises that is spent in Sports Direct from Rangers tops etc

Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm just interested that's all just don't see why hes wanting to make a Investment if he has no say in the running of the club etc i know its a brilliant thing to be involved with Rangers but hes a Geordie Business man not a Gers Fan

He's not a Geordie just to let you know (tu)

Can't you remeber the Geordies holding up signs about cockneys out?

Be careful not to compare revenue with straight profit. Clearing a 3m profit plus the 16m paid up front was a decent deal. The issue I have is the quality of merchandising and lack of genuine visible presence on the high street.

The merchandising was sloppy for years and is best summed up by the failure to launch a new top or any other decent merchandise when we made the UEFA cup final.

Like many aspects of the running of the club it needs brought up to a professional basis. Regardless of your view in Ashley I struggle to see how anyone can argue his skill set is not going to be beneficial

Daily Star article from yesterday:-

'HARD-UP Rangers will be in a position to borrow up to NINE Newcastle players in a business deal that will result in Toon owner Mike Ashley buying a share in the fallen Scottish giants.

The Scottish FA is ready to rubberstamp the deal on the condition that Ashley owns no more than ten per cent of the Ibrox club and has no ­personal role in running the club.

The move is being welcomed by Rangers boss Ally McCoist who told the Daily Star Sunday: “I am encouraged because the one thing about Mike Ashley you would say right away is that he looks a very astute and clever businessman.

“If he can bring his expertise and some of his wealth with him to support and push the club forward, I’m absolutely delighted with that.”

If the SFA ratify the deal Ashley’s Sports Direct firm will then take charge of the Gers’ replica kit merchandising operation.

Talks have started with JJB Sports to end their retailing contract.

JJB Sports and Rangers entered a ten-year contract in 2006, when the Glasgow club received an initial SDHppayment of £18m with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

Any Magpies players switching to Rangers on loan would need to do so before the end of this month, when a year-long signing embargo comes into place for the Division Three club. '

Additional on loan players would be an added bonus to help strengthen the squad before the embargo kicks in. :cheers:

So according to reports the SFA are set to ratify his move to own a 10% stake in Rangers as long as it is no more tban this and that he has no say in the running of the club.

Now pardon my stupidity but hasnt Green already stated that investors would have a low stakehold in the club and also what right to the SFA have to say what his role and invsstment level is in the club, i thought they were there tto assure that investors are "fit and proper" no to decide that persons role in the club.

Also if this has anything to do with being a major stakeholder in another club then why is Romanov allowed to have a stakehding in 3 clubs

Well I sort of agree with this BUT I suspect we are making to much of this - the 'Fit and Proper Person' test is supposed to be applied to club 'ownership' (or who runs the club) now any share holder is a part owner but not 'THE' owner of the club (not nessesarily running the club).

The SFA 'probably' (??) have (or have made up) a rule about how big a percentage a share holder has to declare an interest (this is the rules on the stock exchange as well - not that we are listed but just to show precedence) - otherwise they would have to check every small shareholder as well - and as Ashley is only going to be a minority shareholder and also NOT a director they probably have two streams of due dilligence - one for 'significant stake' shareholders and another for Directors / Majority stake share holders. (I am to bone idle and dont care enough to look at the actual rules so all speculation on my part)

Or it may just be they are interferring shits !!

'HARD-UP Rangers will be in a position to borrow up to NINE Newcastle players in a business deal that will result in Toon owner Mike Ashley buying a share in the fallen Scottish giants.

The Scottish FA is ready to rubberstamp the deal on the condition that Ashley owns no more than ten per cent of the Ibrox club and has no ­personal role in running the club.

The move is being welcomed by Rangers boss Ally McCoist who told the Daily Star Sunday: “I am encouraged because the one thing about Mike Ashley you would say right away is that he looks a very astute and clever businessman.

“If he can bring his expertise and some of his wealth with him to support and push the club forward, I’m absolutely delighted with that.”

If the SFA ratify the deal Ashley’s Sports Direct firm will then take charge of the Gers’ replica kit merchandising operation.

Talks have started with JJB Sports to end their retailing contract.

JJB Sports and Rangers entered a ten-year contract in 2006, when the Glasgow club received an initial SDHppayment of £18m with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

Any Magpies players switching to Rangers on loan would need to do so before the end of this month, when a year-long signing embargo comes into place for the Division Three club. '

Additional on loan players would be an added bonus to help strengthen the squad before the embargo kicks in. :cheers:

I doubt the SFL would allow anywhere near that number of players to come on loan, I can't see anyone at Newcastle wanting to come here until we are SFL1 or SPL.

Debt free is now being hard up?

The SFA are totally consumed by us. What goes on every day at Hampden? ffs... Here's how I see the daily agenda down there.

09:00-10:00 Review Rangers Ownership

10:00-11:00 Plan to hammer Rangers ownership

11:00-12:00 Ensure the polis arrest someone at Rangers next match

12:00-14:00 Lunch and have a good laugh at Rangers predicament and brainstorm down the pub for this afternoon's agenda

14:00-15:00 How the f*ck do we deal with Charles Green?

15:00-16:00 Define bigotry and see if we can fine Green. Are we sure it wasn't 'religous'? How can that be?

16:00-17:00 Agenda for tomorrow? ah well.. let's just use this one.

Basically....

The thing i don't understand is why would we still have contract with JJB that we need to end.... <cr>

I have heard something this afternoon which leads me to believe that the jjb deal will indeed be declared null and void within a couple of weeks or so. I'm not able to say anything further just now as I promised my source that I wouldn't, but we should find out for sure one way or the other pretty soon.

That was done on purpose to see how long it would take for someone to notcie craphead2.gifcraphead2.gif

Must have originated from some timopheee/oirish institute:

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Must have originated from some timopheee/oirish institute:

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

It's like having Gunslinger back :clap::clap:

Anyone can own what ever they like in the club, the SFA wont even know who half the investors are.

They only carry out fit and proper persons tests with people involved in the club i.e. CEO, Chairman, directors.

aye I mean what do they plan on doing when the share issue comes up? Are they going to tell me how many im allowed to buy?

what about romanov though????

Exactly what I was going to say?

It seems the SFA will just try their hardest to intervene in our club on any given occasion, however if the were so interested when Murray was selling the club and did all these tests and shit when whyte took over we would not of have endured all the drama over the past year

Utter cunts the lot of them taig cunts at that :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: