Scottish Bears

WadeWilson

I started a thread about the treatment of Ian Black and I was in his corner - I know it might smack of hypocrisy... But not like many posters on here that wanted him hung, drawn and quartered just months ago...

Now he is roundly booed by 'Scotland fans' in an international match in Edinburgh.

I have to say that I was embarrassed and disgusted by what happened to Ian Black... But I will not give up this country to the haters.

No fucking way.

I am a Rangers fan AND a Scotland fan. I cannot give either up...

How can some on here say that they have been Gers fans since birth and then deny others the same right for their international side....?

I was brought up on world cups which used to mean something before Sky and Uefa brainwashed people with the Champions League.

This is a crossroads right now. There are many people who have shown hate towards Rangers and they have my utter contempt... But if they think that we are not going to support our own national team they are mistaken as there are many Bears you have been Scotland fans since they can remember.

I am also sick of the opportunists who NEVER supported Scotland in the first place laying claim to this battle. Again, I would ask them about the hate they dished out to Ian Black just recently... Take a step back... Nay... Step aside... the Scottish Bears will deal with this one.

I am hurt by the division but I remain both a Rangers fan and a Scotland fan... I don't support an organisation like I don't support a company... Is that really so outlandish...?

I wouldn't open the curtains if Scotland were playing in my back garden.

This goes back further than the Tartan Trannies booing Rangers players (Black's not the first). This anti-Rangers agenda by the SFA began in the 1980's when Souness arrived. The Tartan Trannies picked up that baton and have been running with it ever since, suitably supported by the SFA's present anti-Rangers regime of Regan, Lawwell and Co.

Rangers first, Rangers last, Rangers for ever.

Fuck the Tartan tosspots who booed Black - if they were on fire I wouldn't piss on them - and fuck the SFA.

Someone within the club needs to have a quiet word in Black's shell-like and that should be quickly followed by a public announcement by Black to the effect that "Scotland's international team can go take a running fuck and its manager can kiss my wee arse" or some such. :angry:

Here's my take on the subject;

Scotland's National football team, like Scottish football generally has been on the decline for 20 years. Rangers fan or not, there has been little to be proud about being a Scotland supporter for a long time apart from a wee purple patch under Walter and then McLeish and even then it really was just a couple of wins over France.

The introduction of the SPL has done absolutely nothing to enhance the game in our country and the SFA has likewise lost the plot drastically and increasingly over the last 15-20 years. My interest in the national team really started to dwindle under Berti Vogts and has never really recovered and it is bugger all to do with the fact that I support Rangers.

The absolute shambolic state of our national sport from the SFA, the SPL and the National set up needs a complete overhaul. It needs to have level headed football men who can be impartial and run the game for the good of the game and for the improvement of the nations standing without preference to celtic or Rangers or any other club.

Most other countries are proud of the achievements of their clubs, the government gets behind them, such as the Spanish government supporting the debt of Real and Barca, other countries football authorities get behind their teams such as Zenith getting 2 weeks off the league duty to prepare for the UEFA cup final, there are dozens of examples where nations both at governmental level and FA level support and promote their clubs. However in parochial, bitter, little Scotland we have SFA, SPL and SFL to govern our game, we have divisions within those bodies and we have divisions between those bodies.

We are such a nation of division that I doubt we will ever see unity behind the National team again and certainly not as long as the SFA are completely inept.

Guys like Longmuir and Walter Smith have much to contribute but can you imagine the conspiracy theories if Walter Smith was given a position of power?

I once was a Proud Scotland Supporter and followed them to Wembley and watched the Likes of Jimmy Johnston and Bobby Lennox, Gemmil ,and McNeil Play for the Dark Blue Shirt with Passion, and Pride .

Not once did I boo them or shout any kind of Bile or ill towards my Clubs biggest rivals Players.

There was a Respect for our Players and theirs ,but I am afraid due to the present Political ,and social Climate the SFA,SPL ,and SNP all collectively have managed to Hijack the National Team and Politicise it.

They have also managed to ostracise a Majority of one Club , and isolate us the Rangers Fans due to the Mhedia ,and Bigoted and sheer Hatred towards a Fellow Association member Club and its Fans .

For that I will never forgive this present Association who are making a mess of the whole situation relating to Football in Scotland.

Sad but true but I share your Pain on this subject.

If I went to a Scotland game now and stood beside a fan booing a Rangers supporter I would knock him out. That's why I don't go. I also haven't seen a plea from Levein denouncing it and telling those angels to stop it. Nor have I seen an apology from the SFA to Black for the abuse he took it.

We are hated by everyone outside Rangers and I want the lot of them on heir knees or out of business.

This...and the sooner we all open our eyes and see it for what it is the better.

I am very much, Scottish and British and Proud BUT, Fuck the SFA, Fuck the Scotlad National team and Fuck the tranny Army.

They are my enemy.

This...and the sooner we all open our eyes and see it for what it is the better.

I am very much, Scottish and British and Proud BUT, Fuck the SFA, Fuck the Scotlad National team and Fuck the tranny Army.

They are my enemy.

As are the corporate sponsors of the SFA.

The campaign against them must continue.

Spot on big chap.

I can actually understand people wanting Scotland to get humped, I really can, but to criticise anyone that still supports them and, even worse, tries to downplay their love for the Rangers (Aye, I am talking about that shitebag from the Scotland thread yesterday) is about as pathetic and close-minded as the cunts that were being booing Black yesterday.

Dude, im sorry but i might burst your bubble here. The fact he doesn't know the answer to your questions is prolly coz hes not an SNP supporter but more an argumentive little so and so and is using his 'support' of the SNP as nothing more than a tool to an end as he knows its not flavour of the month on this type of forum.. Just my thoughts on some observation..

Yes Bluepeter9 I'm calling you a Plastic Jacobite!

Agree with this mate.Throw in GCL and you have a pair that are consatntly winding us up with there jacobite pish.Notice how these two are always bad repping fellow bears too

I started a thread about the treatment of Ian Black and I was in his corner - I know it might smack of hypocrisy... But not like many posters on here that wanted him hung, drawn and quartered just months ago...

Now he is roundly booed by 'Scotland fans' in an international match in Edinburgh.

I have to say that I was embarrassed and disgusted by what happened to Ian Black... But I will not give up this country to the haters.

No fucking way.

How can some on here say that they have been Gers fans since birth and then deny others the same right for their international side....?

I was brought up on world cups which used to mean something before Sky and Uefa brainwashed people with the Champions League.

This is a crossroads right now. There are many people who have shown hate towards Rangers and they have my utter contempt... But if they think that we are not going to support our own national team they are mistaken as there are many Bears you have been Scotland fans since they can remember.

I am also sick of the opportunists who NEVER supported Scotland in the first place laying claim to this battle. Again, I would ask them about the hate they dished out to Ian Black just recently... Take a step back... Nay... Step aside... the Scottish Bears will deal with this one.

I am hurt by the division but I remain both a Rangers fan and a Scotland fan... I don't support an organisation like I don't support a company... Is that really so outlandish...?

Like you I was brought up on World Cups and there was no problem with supporting Rangers and Scotland.

There is one thing of giving pelters to a player of the oppostion when they are playing your team but another of giving abuse when that player is playing for Scotland. It is a sad reflection of where our game has gone that this is now a common occurence.

I can understand the view on here that someone feels they could not go to a Scotland game and be beside someone who is booing a Rangers player. The easy answer to this is that you counter this abuse and question the person's motives. Easy to say but not all of us have the confidence to do this, nor do we want to run the risk of getting abused ourselves or thumped. Also now that we're seated, you cant walk away to another part of the ground.

I dont know what the answer is. The SFA could come out strongly and condemn this behaviour but I fear that the events of the past months has taken us down a road that has polarised opinion. It's Rangers against the rest and while Rangers fans shun Scotland's team, Rangers fans will remain the minority at Scotland games and so things get worse and worse. The loudmouths and bigots who hate us so much are now in the ascendency. Sad times for Scotland's national team.

My enthusiasm for the national team has waned over the past few years, a number of factors probably play a part in that, one of them definitely being the intolerance towards players from Rangers, ok a couple of them didn't do themselves any favours, however once they step onto the park representing Scotland they should get the support needed; the booing of Black was disgraceful and just shows the depth these, so called, supporters will sink to to have go at Rangers.

Another thing is, it's seems to be 'fashionable' nowadays to support them and it very much seems like a clique which I'd rather not belong to thanks.

When I used to go to a lot of Scotland matches in the early '70's there used to be only a few thousand at Hampden for most matches unless it was one of the big countries, and England of course. The home internationals wouldn't attract many at all. Then came Ally MacLeod who rejuvenated the whole scene, the crowds rose dramatically, it was a different support than it is today, there weren't different factions in the support and every player got supported. Ok there were players you didn't like, but they still got the support. There have been Rangers players I haven't been particularly fond of but as soon as they walk onto the park in a blue jersey they have my support.

Years ago you could name a Scotland line up and which team they played for, now there are guys you have never even heard of.

So,I don't got all now,and haven't done so for over 25 years, I don't like the way the support has gone or the way we, (Rangers), have been treated by a larger proportion of Scottish footballs hierarchy, (or Scottish football in general).

I do, however, support the Scottish football team just as I would support any Scottish team whether it be rugby, hockey, athletics, or tiddlywinks, but I don't see me ever going to a game again.

I am proud to be a Scot, when people ask abroad where you are from, it's "I'm a Govanite, Glaswegian, Scottish, and British, in that order.

If I went to a Scotland game now and stood beside a fan booing a Rangers supporter I would knock him out. That's why I don't go. I also haven't seen a plea from Levein denouncing it and telling those angels to stop it. Nor have I seen an apology from the SFA to Black for the abuse he took it.

We are hated by everyone outside Rangers and I want the lot of them on heir knees or out of business.

This is how I feel now, I was a huge Scotland fan and I will never attend anotehr game, purchase another shirt or even bother to watch them on TV.

Fuck the SFA and their anti Rangers bias. They will be getting nothing from me ever again.

No fucking way.

As a fan of firstly Rangers and secondly the Scotland team, its the short sighted bigots who supposedly run our sport who have created this ever enlarging divide.......been to many a Scotland game (home and away) but have decided never again to support them due to the way my team has been persecuted at every turn by these puppets.........I'll still tune in when they are on the box though, just like I did last night, but only to see the guy formally known as shagger - now known as shagged, getting the ball out the back of the net........as for Ian Black.........I wasn't so sure the majority of the booing of him was more to do with the fact the game was in Edinburgh at the home of his ex-rivals? That was my take on it anyways.........im sure on Saturday we will all give him an extra big cheer to let him know we have his back.......... :21:

i can go back to the days when the scottish support was 90% rangers fans. when every supporters club had a "wembley club"to which you made contributions for 2 years to follow scotland.when derrys walls was sung with vigour at windsor park, and ninian park and our national anthem reverberated round hampden.i followed them everywhere till the mid seventies, then the pc shortbread trannies arrived and i don't even look for their score anymore.

People will do as they wish, it's the ever present skirt wearing comments and the innuendos that follow, some just want to batter the fact some support Scotland but more for just being Scottish, as iv said before so many think you can't he a real bear supporting your national team if you are Scottish.