"absolutely staggering"

54andcounting

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has hailed supporters' backing of the team as "absolutely staggering" ahead of their first home game.

The Gers make their Third Division bow at Ibrox on Saturday against East Stirling with a crowd in the region of 46,000 expected.

Despite the campaign to make last week's Scottish Premier League games 'Sell-out Saturday', that is still likely to be more than all of the SPL matches put together this time around.

It should also be the third highest attendance in the whole of the United Kingdom and McCoist thinks that is an incredible feat.

He said: "I think the only guaranteed bigger attendances will be at Arsenal and Newcastle. It's absolutely staggering.

"We will have a bigger crowd than every other game in the country, which is incredible when you look at some of the games.

"There is a realistic possibility that we'll have a bigger crowd than the combined attendances in the SPL. It's absolutely frightening.

"A lot of you boys were talking about 'Sell-out Saturday' last week.

"I think we will probably give you a real 'Sell-out Saturday' tomorrow, which is quite unbelievable."

Renewals

Fans were initially wary of renewing season tickets but, as well as more than 25,000 renewals by last week's deadline, a further 7,000 fans snapped up season tickets at a public sale at Ibrox earlier this week.

McCoist added: "It's totally understandable that they wanted to wait and see after the exploits of the last owner.

"They wanted a little bit of trust and belief back and they wanted to see what was happening before they spent their hard-earned money, which I find totally understandable.

"They wanted to see if we would bring quality players in, they wanted to see what league we would be in.

"There were a lot of questions that were needing answered before they could give us their support.

"Not all the questions have been answered but some of them have to the extent that we have sold another 7,000 season tickets since Monday so we are up to 32,000 or 33,000 season-tickets and I think that will rise again.

"The most consistent thing in the debacle of the last six months has been the support from the fans."

What a time to be a bear, no one can hold there head as high as us tomorrow, not the SFA or SPL and certanly not the so called fans of other clubs, fuck you all!!! :uk:

Works getting in the way of the majority of Saturday games and I was sickened at thinking I couldn't play my part as much as I wanted to this season.

But I needn't have worried, 30 to 40 thousand of my brethren have stepped right into my place :uk::21:

I used to hate that having WATP in my username was a stereotypical trait of a taig trying too hard to fit in, now however I wear it as a badge of honour to each and every one of us. We simply are the people :D

:21: Mon the fucking Teddy Bears :21:

Works getting in the way of the majority of Saturday games and I was sickened at thinking I couldn't play my part as much as I wanted to this season.

But I needn't have worried, 30 to 40 thousand of my brethren have stepped right into my place :uk::21:

I used to hate that having WATP in my username was a stereotypical trait of a taig trying too hard to fit in, now however I wear it as a badge of honour to each and every one of us. We simply are the people :D

:21: Mon the fucking Teddy Bears :21:

:sherlock:

:shifty:

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has hailed supporters' backing of the team as "absolutely staggering" ahead of their first home game.

The Gers make their Third Division bow at Ibrox on Saturday against East Stirling with a crowd in the region of 46,000 expected.

Despite the campaign to make last week's Scottish Premier League games 'Sell-out Saturday', that is still likely to be more than all of the SPL matches put together this time around.

It should also be the third highest attendance in the whole of the United Kingdom and McCoist thinks that is an incredible feat.

He said: "I think the only guaranteed bigger attendances will be at Arsenal and Newcastle. It's absolutely staggering.

"We will have a bigger crowd than every other game in the country, which is incredible when you look at some of the games.

"There is a realistic possibility that we'll have a bigger crowd than the combined attendances in the SPL. It's absolutely frightening.

"I think we will probably give you a real 'Sell-out Saturday' tomorrow, which is quite unbelievable."

Renewals

Fans were initially wary of renewing season tickets but, as well as more than 25,000 renewals by last week's deadline, a further 7,000 fans snapped up season tickets at a public sale at Ibrox earlier this week.

McCoist added: "It's totally understandable that they wanted to wait and see after the exploits of the last owner.

"They wanted a little bit of trust and belief back and they wanted to see what was happening before they spent their hard-earned money, which I find totally understandable.

"They wanted to see if we would bring quality players in, they wanted to see what league we would be in.

"There were a lot of questions that were needing answered before they could give us their support.

"Not all the questions have been answered but some of them have to the extent that we have sold another 7,000 season tickets since Monday so we are up to 32,000 or 33,000 season-tickets and I think that will rise again.

"The most consistent thing in the debacle of the last six months has been the support from the fans."

What a time to be a bear, no one can hold there head as high as us tomorrow, not the SFA or SPL and certanly not the so called fans of other clubs, fuck you all!!! :uk:

Beats me how you got bad rep for this post.

Renewals

Was this story in the papers or on the Rangers site.

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. Totally gutted but I've given my season ticket to another good bear to make sure that our sell out Saturday is the real deal.

Thats the thing-when a season ticket holder knows he is away for a game give it to another fan-if you don't know anyone give it to the guy who runs the local bus. When I had my season ticket hated having it empty and would make sure it was a seat used.