weird football facts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diego Maradona was never awarded either World or European player of the year by Fifa/UEFA.

Probably because World Player of the Year didn't exist until he was a fat, proven drug user and European Player of the Year wasn't given out by FIFA until a couple of years ago, and was only open to European players anyway.

Probably because World Player of the Year didn't exist until he was a fat, proven drug user and European Player of the Year wasn't given out by FIFA until a couple of years ago, and was only open to European players anyway.

Even as a fat, proven drug user he was still better than Messi. Oh, and Totti is just the Italian Matt Le Tissier.

Forza Napoli.

Gianluca Vialli is the only player who has a winners and runners up medal in the European Cup, Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup.

Arsene Wenger is the only manager to have lost the final of all three European club competitions.

Only 4 club sides have played more European matches than Rangers.

Gianluca Vialli is the only player who has a winners and runners up medal in the European Cup, Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup.

Arsene Wenger is the only manager to have lost the final of all three European club competitions.

Only 4 club sides have played more European matches than Rangers.

you sure?

It was deffo true up to about 5 or 6 years ago I read it in the World soccer year book. Until then only Real Madrid, Bayern, Juve and Barca had played more European games.

5 or 6 years ago I could still pull burds in their early 20's (I fucking could). People had no real problems getting a mortgage, UK wasn't in such a bad financial position, good jobs where about. Things change mate. I would doubt only 4 teams have played more European games than us.

this post makes no sense at all.

I thought he meant if the ball hits the woodwork then comes back in the direction of the kicker rather than straight into the net, whatever happens after that is irrelevant and it's not a goal in a shootout.

Whether that's what you thought never made sense or not, though. I've probably just made a cunt of myself! :lol: