Ally McCoist The Manager

Tiebreak54

FFS give the man a chance, he has not been able to manage the club properly since he got the job, because of all the pish going on round about him.

I agree to some degree however before administration he had a significantly better budget than the teams which outplayed us and put us out of all the cups. With a team of international players against below average footballers the football was dire to watch with very few good games. This cannot be ignored when judging his progress this season. We were on course to win nothing last season.

Given his loyalty to the club and his status he deserves to be given time this season to show he has learned from everything that has happened.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that McCoist shouldnt be free from criticism. All managers should be criticised for there mistakes. But people who are calling for Ally to be sacked need to get a grip. He has spent the last year holding this club up practically by himself. He has had no time to prepare for this season because - A) he didnt even know what league he would be playing in if any. B) half of his players left C) he had one pre-season game behind closed doors. - What do people want from this man? We havent lost a game, fair dues last seasons team would have been expected to walk this league but this is a new team with little to no time to iron out the wrinkles.

If we are still struggling and not getting results by october time I will worry but for fuck sake give the guy a chance to do his job. He hasnt even had time to work out his first choice team let alone anything else. A brand new team in a different league, in different grounds with different staff and a different mind set. Ally should have our support at this time. Theres nothing wrong with criticism but calling for his job at this point is ridiculous.

He hasn't shown anything to me on the pitch to suggest he's got the managerial ability to take the club back to the top. His MO has been similar to Liewells when he was getting it in the neck and wanted the fans off his back - come out with the type of soundbites you think the fans want to hear which gets them onside and off your back on the football side.

Your comparing Ally to that slanty eyed freak???

He hasn't shown anything to me on the pitch to suggest he's got the managerial ability to take the club back to the top. His MO has been similar to Liewells when he was getting it in the neck and wanted the fans off his back - come out with the type of soundbites you think the fans want to hear which gets them onside and off your back on the football side.

Are you honestly saying you dont think Ally is a Div 3 manager, capable of winning the league. I mean honestly

Are you honestly saying you dont think Ally is a Div 3 manager, capable of winning the league. I mean honestly

No, he's at the wind up and he's gotten a sixteen page thread out of it as well.

Probably reported back to HQ as we speak about all the giggles he's having over here.

It is time to finally admit what I have thought for a long time. I do not think Ally is anywhere near the standard of manager Rangers require or expect. This is not a knee jerk reaction to the latest guff served up, it is after a year of watching continuous poor and aimless football where we have shown little sign of improvement in any aspect of the game that has led me to this conclusion. The manager has struggled to stamp his philosophy on the team in any tangible way, we play a hopeful brand of football; we hope to win, but have no real idea how to make it happen. It was clear from the outset that for Ally to be successful he had to be his own man, and that meant moving away from the generally dour football Walter had us playing. He has not done that, and I struggle to see any positives in Ally as a manager.It would of course be wrong to not consider and accept that off field matters have impacted heavily on the pitch, but it can not be used to protect Ally from criticism forever, because on purely football matters, he has been average at best.

I fully accept my position on the manager is not a stance echoed by many within the support, but when will people question the manager? Winning at the level we are competing should be a given, and so therefore we are naturally looking for more. So how do we then judge the manager? Is winning enough to keep the fans happy? Does the style of play matter? Has the managers outstanding performance off the field and his rightful position as club legend made it impossible for fans to criticise him? Is this healthy for the club moving forward?

Ffs,give the guy a break.Lets give the guy a chance to manage the team with no distractions.East Kilbride legend.

Ally is a legend that is still learning. He has the respect of the players -- and the support.

Div 3 and moving up will help him. He has his managerial issues no doubt -- and the style isn't what we want (largely). But he will be fine. And as Ricky said... He can have the job for life. A bigger Rangers man, you will not find. He needs to motivate guys playing in Div 3 -- not easy I'm sure. Of course, pulling on the famous shirt is enough for us.... Motivation for Dorin -- even Carlos? hmm hard job imho. 00000042.gif

You started the thread immediately after we'd won on the road. There's a difference.

I think that substantiates my points further. I stated the obvious even after a victory. I would hope people will now read what I have contributed to this thread in a different manner to previously.

Hope he succeeds as a manager however the signs are not good . I am sure Mr green will have been looking at the Allys past record as a manager and will not be impressed of late.

"Past record as a manager" :lol:? You mean that one season that turned out to be the toughest in our history with what turned out to be a rogue owner?

Geez peace.

Ally is a legend that is still learning. He has the respect of the players -- and the support.

Div 3 and moving up will help him. He has his managerial issues no doubt -- and the style isn't what we want (largely). But he will be fine. And as Ricky said... He can have the job for life. A bigger Rangers man, you will not find. He needs to motivate guys playing in Div 3 -- not easy I'm sure. Of course, pulling on the famous shirt is enough for us.... Motivation for Dorin -- even Carlos? hmm hard job imho. 00000042.gif

I am not sure if he has the respect of th.e players. Too often he complains that they are lacking effort and not playing to the tempo he wanted them to play. So does he fail to get his point across or do they just ignore?