Does All This Not Show We Can Get Into the English Pyramid

EdTuBrutus

As I understand it the argument has always been - Rangers can't go to England because they would have to start at the bottom and in those years they would have no support and dwindle and die. We are in SFL3. The bottom of the Scottish Ladder (let's face it it's not a pyramid). We have 50k at a home game. We CAN do the crawl up the English leagues. We CAN do it with a 51,000 capacity stadium and fill it every week.

It's time to say good bye to those taig scumbags. Leave the Scottish league system. Hell if we have to buy our entire playing staffs registrations then let's do it. I would take 10 years in the wilderness to be a Premiership team. i think most of you would too.

As I understand it the argument has always been - Rangers can't go to England because they would have to start at the bottom and in those years they would have no support and dwindle and die. We are in SFL3. The bottom of the Scottish Ladder (let's face it it's not a pyramid). We have 50k at a home game. We CAN do the crawl up the English leagues. We CAN do it with a 51,000 capacity stadium and fill it every week.

It's time to say good bye to those taig scumbags. Leave the Scottish league system. Hell if we have to buy our entire playing staffs registrations then let's do it. I would take 10 years in the wilderness to be a Premiership team. i think most of you would too.

ok i'll bite, the reason we are not playing in England right now is the FA will not let us join their set up. there is no other reason why Rangers aren't paying in England.

I have followed the BEARS from the mid 70's,and times have changed,the ONLY way forward imo is a European league,England at this point do not NEED us or WANT us,but things could change,i have said for YEARS that ourselves and sellik would stagnate and look at our standing in Europen football,fckn shocking,and don't be fooled with the propoganda machine in the west about CL football,because i will gaurantee they wil not win ONE game,and that is not bravado,its FACT.we are so far behind its not real.....

Maybe then someone can explain why we can't do what MK Dons did and buy another club and take them over. As I understand it the worst the English FA could do is drop us down divisions. And that wouldn't work when we are THIS strong. EU Law stops them preventing it, we have protected rights to do business within the EU, rights which would allow us to buy some pointless lower league English Club and let us take their place.

English teams would not want us( My opinion overall is they are shit scared if allowed in the EPL we would show the likes of anyone bar Man Utd what a 'big' team is in terms of support and after a while the draw of a club our size attracting players with the wages we could offer on top of the stature of our club )

I have followed the BEARS from the mid 70's,and times have changed,the ONLY way forward imo is a European league,England at this point do not NEED us or WANT us,but things could change,i have said for YEARS that ourselves and sellik would stagnate and look at our standing in Europen football,fckn shocking,and don't be fooled with the propoganda machine in the west about CL football,because i will gaurantee they wil not win ONE game,and that is not bravado,its FACT.we are so far behind its not real.....

This Guy talks Facts, and the other Fact is we have a Fanbase who are Small minded ,and think we wouldnt be Allowed in.

Oh hang on we are Scottish and thats it .

Our Fans need to prepare themselves for our future ,which will be European Football once again.

Aye Ready.

English teams would not want us( My opinion overall is they are shit scared if allowed in the EPL we would show the likes of anyone bar Man Utd what a 'big' team is in terms of support and after a while the draw of a club our size attracting players with the wages we could offer on top of the stature of our club )

Yes badjon you are absolutely correct they are totally petrified.

One thing I really don't understand is why there isn't a North Sea League with the best Scottish, Scando, Netherlands, maybe bElgium teams. It would seem a pretty natural outcome, is UEFA or FIFA preventing this?

This has been mooted for years, I remember hearing rumblings of this before the SPL breakaway and has been revisited a few times in the interim. Never going to happen, not until a major European league collapses financially and throws it's weight behind it.

This has been mooted for years, I remember hearing rumblings of this before the SPL breakaway and has been revisited a few times in the interim. Never going to happen, not until a major European league collapses financially and throws it's weight behind it.

Perhaps I'm not understanding why a "major European league" would need to collapse. There are only three competitive major leagues in Europe, Italy, Germany and England (and today you could probably add Russia). The rest are two horse races. At best. The leagues around the North Sea have terrible finances, despite a few big clubs. It would seem to me the value to a broadcaster, to sponsors and to fans would be in combining the best teams from those nations and create a competitive league with 16 to 20 strong teams, at least able to rival Italy and Germany in terms of money, television and sponsorship

Perhaps I'm not understanding why a "major European league" would need to collapse. There are only three competitive major leagues in Europe, Italy, Germany and England (and today you could probably add Russia). The rest are two horse races. At best. The leagues around the North Sea have terrible finances, despite a few big clubs. It would seem to me the value to a broadcaster, to sponsors and to fans would be in combining the best teams from those nations and create a competitive league with 16 to 20 strong teams, at least able to rival Italy and Germany in terms of money, television and sponsorship

Unfortunately, it's not about whether it's a 2 horse race or not. The EPL is only realistically a 3 horse race at the moment. It's all about the financial gravitas of the leagues. a new Atlantic league's income would be strangled by the financial draw of England, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. If for example, Ligue 1 were to become unsustainable and in an effort to revitalise, their weight were thrown behind an Atlantic league it would help to reduce dilution of funding to the new setup, enabling it to flourish. However, it doesn't look like that or any similar scenario will happen any time soon. Sad as it is, we are stuck with the status quo....at least for now.

mate ive championed this for YEARS,the ONLY way FORWARD for a club like RANGERS and SELLIK is to breakaway from the insular thinking and untoward backwater of Scottish football,for me its a total embarressment that we have to play in the fourth tier of Scottish football..

Unfortunately, it's not about whether it's a 2 horse race or not. The EPL is only realistically a 3 horse race at the moment. It's all about the financial gravitas of the leagues. a new Atlantic league's income would be strangled by the financial draw of England, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. If for example, Ligue 1 were to become unsustainable and in an effort to revitalise, their weight were thrown behind an Atlantic league it would help to reduce dilution of funding to the new setup, enabling it to flourish. However, it doesn't look like that or any similar scenario will happen any time soon. Sad as it is, we are stuck with the status quo....at least for now.

Ligue 1, in fact the whole of French Football has historically been relatively unpopular in France. Unless something has changed beyond foreign investment in PSG meaning they will be completely dominate, then I don't see how that will change. In Spain both Real Madrid and Barcelona are effectively bankrupt and propped up by very shady government financing. The Domestic market of a league involving Belgium, Scotland, Netherlands, Norway, Denmark and Sweden would be equivalent to England. Undoubtedly it would take some years to establish the sort of overseas potential the Premiership has but in all honesty the Germany and Italian leagues have little overseas interest but are both viable and successful.

Just those countries would provide a strong two tier league with 40 clubs and provide both an attractive product to fans and potentially a wider audience.

Ligue 1, in fact the whole of French Football has historically been relatively unpopular in France. Unless something has changed beyond foreign investment in PSG meaning they will be completely dominate, then I don't see how that will change. In Spain both Real Madrid and Barcelona are effectively bankrupt and propped up by very shady government financing. The Domestic market of a league involving Belgium, Scotland, Netherlands, Norway, Denmark and Sweden would be equivalent to England. Undoubtedly it would take some years to establish the sort of overseas potential the Premiership has but in all honesty the Germany and Italian leagues have little overseas interest but are both viable and successful.

Just those countries would provide a strong two tier league with 40 clubs and provide both an attractive product to fans and potentially a wider audience.

The ligue 1 thing was purely as an example, not based on evidence. The point is that no matter how over-inflated (EPL), under-represented (bundesliga), debt-ridden (la liga) or just plain corrupt (serie A); the fact is they all draw massive tv deals and sponsorships regardless of their fallacies. I would love a setup that lets us achieve our full potential but it seems that as in normal life, those with the money in their pockets can prevent the "upstarts" from being a threat.