Broadfoot and Bocanegra - not right for the challenge?

Gaz92

So far, one has been released, and the other is expected to leave by the end of the week.

Think it's slightly bizarre. The likes of Naismith and McGregor ran at the first sight of Third Division Football, and although he transferred over, it was clear Edu had no interest in being here and never kicked a ball.

The likes of Goian, Boca and Kirk stayed for the start of the season, and got a taste of what was ahead. All got an indication of what lower league was all about and got a few games under their belt. To me, this indicated that they were at least considering staying. Now that they've seen what it's like at this level, they appear to be away, and I assume agrees that we've had it tougher than expexted, and it's been more competitive than we anticipated.

So why are they leaving now? They seem to be getting a real challenge at this level still, and are both still sitting on comfortable wages. What's wrong exactly? Are they scared that some of their showing will lose face for them completely?

I don't actually judge anyone who's left after transferring over, but I'm just a bit confused as to why they're leaving now (Kirk especially). Do they simply not have what it takes for the battle we'll have on our hands over the coming seasons? Or are there other reasons?

I got the impression Broadfoot was told he wsn't needed.

No?

Would find that a bit bizarre. None of us are his biggest fan, but I don't particularly think we're in a position to say Broadfoot isn't needed.

So far, one has been released, and the other is expected to leave by the end of the week.

Think it's slightly bizarre. The likes of Naismith and McGregor ran at the first sight of Third Division Football, and although he transferred over, it was clear Edu had no interest in being here and never kicked a ball.

The likes of Goian, Boca and Kirk stayed for the start of the season, and got a taste of what was ahead. All got an indication of what lower league was all about and got a few games under their belt. To me, this indicated that they were at least considering staying. Now that they've seen what it's like at this level, they appear to be away, and I assume agrees that we've had it tougher than expexted, and it's been more competitive than we anticipated.

So why are they leaving now? They seem to be getting a real challenge at this level still, and are both still sitting on comfortable wages. What's wrong exactly? Are they scared that some of their showing will lose face for them completely?

I don't actually judge anyone who's left after transferring over, but I'm just a bit confused as to why they're leaving now (Kirk especially). Do they simply not have what it takes for the battle we'll have on our hands over the coming seasons? Or are there other reasons?

Both of them have been found out at this level. Broadfoot alot of us knew wasn't up to it but, Bocanegra was good last season and now he doesn't seem up to it now or, maybe he wasn't trying?

Broadfoots not good enough to be a first team player, and we can't afford to pay players the kind of money he's on to not even make the bench. Completly understandable if Ally/Green want him out.

As for Boca, I'll form a judgement if he goes, All just unfounded rumours at the moment is it not? Personally I hope he stays, been a great servant to the club and the criticism over the last few weeks against his has been entirely blown out of proportion. People seem to think third division teams have no right so score against us and if they do, the defence needs shot. We will concede goals. I'm far more concerned about our midfield than our defence.

Goian, his excuse of world cup qualifiers seems valid. He's not as much of an automatic pick as Boca is for his national team, and if he was to stay here he wouldn't be considered for a second.

Forcing Broadfoot out (if that's what Ally's doing) is a fucking mistake. He's a right full-back who can also cover at centre-back. He's been a great utility player for us. Against Elgin he was even used on the left-wing during the second half.

Forcing Broadfoot out (if that's what Ally's doing) is a fucking mistake. He's a right full-back who can also cover at centre-back. He's been a great utility player for us. Against Elgin he was even used on the left-wing during the second half.

ambitious

We could get a whole lot better player or players for the rumoured £9k a week. You don't get a lot in return for that wage.

He should be on about a quarter of that wage based on ability

This.

He did transfer over, however, who in their right mind would be wanting to pay him anywhere near the level of salary he is on while he's with us?

Christ.

All the more reason to get rid then. Don't give Ally the choice to put square pegs in round holes and hopefully there's less chance of him doing so.

Can you see into the future?

Broadfoot looks Aberdeen bound according to rummors

So he cost us god only knows how many goals?Argued with Us fans,and could now be playing for the sheep??

Lifelong bluenose my arse!!

Unless they're employing him as their chef and that's his master plan......Death by microwaved egg??

Broadfoot looks Aberdeen bound according to rummors

That would be quality. Consider him a gift from us :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, big clubfoot always gave 100% in his own way and signed over, so I hope he finds good fortune with his next club.