Charles Green confirms bid for David Cooper Templeton

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Templeton was born in Glasgow on 7 January 1989. His father, ex-professional footballer Henry Templeton, who at the time of David's birth was playing for ex-Scotland manager, Ally MacLeod, at Ayr United. Henry's hero was Rangers and Scotland winger Davie Cooper and named his son after his hero. Henry was a small, skilful, tricky attacking player and this seems to have been passed on to David.[9]

In an interview with The Scotsman, Templeton said of his childhood, "My dad left and I went to my mum's side who were all Celtic fans so I ended up following them. I grew up as a Celtic fan but I loved watching Brian Laudrup because of the way he played."[10]

Even if Hearts accept the bid I don't see Templeton coming to us. A young player wanting to carve out a career for himself is going to come and risk playing in Div 3 where some brute will potentially ruin him?

We can all hope though.

I know him. He'd come to us no problem.

No chance that's getting accepted. Expect celtic to go in with a bid now.

They are apparently interested in Humphreys from Motherwell. Fuck knows why if Templeton was available for this price and can actually play football. Don't see any deal for 300k working out

'RANGERS are considering a late bid to land Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell in a £150,000 deal.

Ally McCoist wants to sign Killie No 1 Bell – who is currently injured – to challenge Neil Alexander.

The Light Blues made a £300,000 offer for Hearts winger David Templeton last night, and remain in discussion with Malmo striker Daniel Larsson.

McCoist wants to sign at least five players before the close of the transfer window tomorrow, including German midfielder Michael Fink, with a signing ban due to kick in until January 2014.

“We need to get players in of as high a quality as we possibly can afford,” said McCoist.

“Between now and Friday is critical for the club for the next two years.”

McCoist refused to comment on Templeton, who is also a target for Nottingham Forest and Bristol City, while striker

Larsson, rated at £200,000 by Malmo, is also attracting interest from Sampdoria and Real Valladolid.

Speaking about Templeton, McCoist said: “He is under contract with Hearts and he still has a year to go.”

But he confirmed that German midfielder Fink is likely to be handed a deal.

“He has trained and looked absolutely fine,” said McCoist. “We are going to sit down with his agent to have a wee chat.

“He has a good pedigree and he has looked very comfortable in training.”

Meanwhile, Kirk Broadfoot has come to an agreement with the club to rip up the remaining year of his contract, and is being tracked by a host of Championship clubs including Ipswich.'

From the Express.

Albert Tatloch jr huh? Can you even imagine getting to chant " weve got Davie,Davie, Davie, Davie Cooper on the wing, on the wing " Worth signing him just for that alone! Holy crap I miss "Super " Do you remember that through ball for wee Durrant against the unmentionables ? What a goal, what a player! Better get to bed because if I have another couple of beers I may just book a flight home. My god I love Rangers and we ARE the people.

Chenks.