Charles Green confirms bid for David Cooper Templeton

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that's just about impossible and I expect an absolute minimum of 4 signings within the next 24 Hrs.

I think Fink will sign for us and Templeton will be a late, leate deal if it goes through.

I'm not sure where the other ones are going to come from, but it'll need to be a "rabbitt out the hat" job because we aren't really being linked that strongly with anybody else now.

Rangers chief executive Charles Green says the Ibrox club have made an offer for Hearts winger David Templeton.

The Scottish transfer window will close on Friday night and the Third Division club face a 12-month transfer embargo from 1 September.

"We've made them an offer, it's a good offer, and I hope Hearts accept it," Green told BBC Radio Scotland.

Green also hinted he expected other players to arrive at Ibrox before the end of the transfer window.

"The manager's got a few players on his list," he said. "But obviously it's a matter now of, over the next 24 hours, turning some of these into signings, but I'm sure there'll be names to be announced."

But Green said the hunt for players had been held up as both he and manager Ally McCoist had faced Scottish Football Association disciplinary hearings on Thursday.

"Alistair and I have, unfortunately, spent six hours in Hampden for the wrong reasons, when what we ought to have been doing is speaking to agents and speaking to players."

Green also claimed the club were being hampered in making signings by players who rejected a move to the relaunched Rangers still being included in their squad list with the SFA.

A consortium led by Green reformed Rangers after the previous incarnation could not be saved from liquidation but a number of players refused to have their contracts transferred.

Rangers are seeking compensation for five of these players.

"Ahead of this transfer ban being put in place, we still have the ludicracy of not being able to sign the number of players we'd like to bring in, because the players who walked out on their contract are still included in our quota," added Green.

"We're only allowed 22 players over the age of 21, and five of those spaces are being filled by people like Steven Naismith who played for Everton against Manchester Utd last Monday.

"How crazy is that?"

Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75

#rangers have held talks with #malmo today over a transfer fee for Daniel Larsson. Talks on-going with #Hearts over David Templeton.

2m Scott Burns Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75

Expect a string of loan signings from the English Premier League heading for Ibrox tomorrow. #rangers