Can't understand some people's disappointment

Skip

Afrer liquidation if you told me our squad would include very decent SPL players like Shiels, Black, Sandaza and the exciting Templeton I would have laughed at such suggestions. Clearly we pushed the boat out for Templeton and would have done the same for McGowan but I am glad that the days of panicking and throwing money at very poor squad players are over. Hopefully we are banking some cash and when we return to the SPL we will have a nice transfer kitty and won't owe any outstanding transfer fees. Always like Templeton and by his previous performances he enjoyed playing at Ibrox. Very happy with the squad

Its pretty simple mate, only a few days ago everyone, including our manager, said we needed numbers and quality in. That was as we were. We lost two more, albeit boca is a loan deal, and brought one in. We wanted 4 or 5, we got one. Or two if stella signed. That disapoint. Delighted with templeton, disapointed we didnt add to that.

Other than striking options, as a matter of opinion, i firmly believe we have a squad that could win, or at least challenge to the very end, of the SPL. over the moon with the squad after many a sleepless nights wondering what kind of team we would have been able to field.

I would have been happy signing quite a few of these players last season ffs :lol: If people are expecting us to sign anyone better then they're clearly mental. And i'm quite glad we haven't signed the 4 or 5 that Ally was quoted as saying we needed, we're in division 3 for fuck sake. Time to give youth a chance.

I am happy with what we brought in too.

The fact that SPL players choose to come to Rangers says it all really.

They saw their opportunity and took it.

This lack of ambition bollocks, is exactly that. These players have ambition. They want to win silverware and they have more chance of doing that at Rangers than in a shitty SPL team. They also want to play at Ibrox in front of massive home support which they have no chance of getting at a shitty SPL team.

I am glad with who we have got in. Didn't really want a large number of journeymen in though can understand why Ally did.

I think the club should now make it a priority to go and identify young players under 18 that we can target for the next two transfer windows.

Where in the past we might have brought them in but never really been in a position to give them a regular game.

That with the good youngsters we have should see us comfortably through the next few years

I am glad with who we have got in. Didn't really want a large number of journeymen in though can understand why Ally did.

I think the club should now make it a priority to go and identify young players under 18 that we can target for the next two transfer windows.

Where in the past we might have brought them in but never really been in a position to give them a regular game.

That with the good youngsters we have should see us comfortably through the next few years

Totally agree about scouting the under 18 players

The signings look decent quality bearing in mind where we were only a few weeks ago. I'm less convinced we have enough cover in quality in central defence though but that's it now until the next transfer window so Ally will just have to be the very best out of the playing resources he has (unless we can still get loan players that is?). The team will get every bit of support and more on the journey through the leagues and they deserve it for signing on to start our journey back to the very top.

I reckon al lot more money will be needed over the seasons so its up to Charles to map out how investment in the club is to work and the plan for making Rangers as financially self-dependent as possible, and cash rich to be able to retain / buy the very best on the way back to playing at the top levels in Europe.

There was no way in hell I thought we would get templeton and more than happy that we have. We have the squad to last us another 2 seasons whatever league we are in.

This team would give the SPL a run for the money and I expect us to get to the finals of all cups and at least win 2.

I fully expected a couple of seasons of watching journeymen to see us through the bottom rungs.

Instead we have a healthy mix of internationals, some of the best from the SPL and a selection of exciting youth products. It's also a delight to see Hearts finally acknowledging their role in Scottish fitba as our go-to feeder club.

I'm delighted with where we are - wage bill massively reduced and more than enough quality to not only win this league, but provide some giant-killing cup shocks into the bargain.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Ally would not have expected 5-6 players. He'll have said that in the hope we'd get half of that. There's no excuses. We have international footballers, other teams have part-time shelf stackers. Any disappointment should be curbed by these realisations

The football club (Rangers) was not "liquidated" therefore, sloppy references to that on RM will only be jumped on by our enemies!

Simples!!!

yeah and your reply could have been a little more positive as the OP was a positive "glass half-full" kinda post.

To pick up on a technicality and dismiss the OP as a *know nowt* makes you look like a pedantic *know all* ffs

yeah and your reply could have been a little more positive as the OP was a positive "glass half-full" kinda post.

To pick up on a technicality and dismiss the OP as a *know nowt* makes you look like a pedantic *know all* ffs

Thank you for your significant contribution to the debate! now fuck off!

I'm anything but disappointed, if we had brought in another 5 or 6 players on top of what we had I feel we would have missed the best opportunity our great club has had in years to give some youth a chance.

What we have should be more than good enough to get back to the top.

Good youth mixed with good experience has to be the way forward. Whether Ally planned it that way is neither here nor there. It's what we have and in my opinion is the best way forward.

Have to say the squad is a lot better than i thought it would be 2 months back, at the time thought we would have jig and Healy and 9 kids.

Would have been nice to get another CB in but our starting 11 now could go to any away ground of any team in Scotland and win.

In Scottish league terms our attacking players are class teams will have to score at least 3 goals against us to win, the rest of the spl are pish and most teams have lost a lot of their better players so i'm not too worried about playing this dross in the cups.

We should fear no one bring the spl muppets on in the league cup on Monday.