Payback time.

bufforbero

It’s been a good couple of weeks.

After months of baiting, mocking, sarcasm and general all round abuse from work colleagues and so called friends. Keeping that British “stiff upper lip” and taking all that they threw at me, without resorting to violence. The days where I almost “snapped” and lost my temper, but kept my dignity intact, refused to rise to the bait and fought their bile with humour or just ignored them completely.

Sound familiar?

The tables have finally been turned and it’s been my turn to dish it out. “Jambo” baiting has been my personal favourite lately and I thought I would share a couple of encounters I had with fans of the Division 3 feeder club.

A young supporter of “Mad Vlad’s” lads was passing by the day after David Templeton signed. At last! My chance to extract a little revenge for the sly comments and little smirks he had been having at my expense. I thought I’d start with a mild piece of sarcasm (you don’t want to use all the good stuff to begin with).

“So you’ll be wearing blue from now on then pal. It’s great to be a Ranger, eh?”

I had expected a little bit of humorous banter. What I got was a look of absolute disgust and anger, something muttered under the breath and off he stormed. Maybe it was a little bit too soon after the event for the poor soul.

Then on to the next “moron in maroon” and a chance encounter at work on Saturday 8th September.

“How are Rangers no playin the day” said he. Is it just in Fife we substitute how, for why?

“International football on today mate” was my reply.

“But yez ir a 3rd division outfit, how diz that affect yoo’s”.

“We have Northern Ireland international players and also quite a few of the Scotland youngsters” I reminded him.

The next part I didn’t expect. “Why dae ye no support yer local team?” Yep. That was the question. The Irony was totally lost on him. A Fifer, whose local team would likely be Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, East Fife or Raith Rovers, is asking me why I am a Ranger, when he actively supports Hearts (SFL3 feeder club)!

When on the question of “your local team”, how does one define this?

Is it dependent upon your place of residence? So if you move from Liverpool to Manchester then you must switch allegiance?

The other argument I hear is that it is dependent upon your place of birth. If that is true then I should be an Ipswich supporter (c’mon the tractor boys). Even though I have never been there since I was a few months old. Glasgow is far more local to me than Ipswich.

Pity the poor Rangers supporting family, when the expectant mother goes into labour in the vicinity Park head in Glasgow. Utter nonsense.

I digress.

Back on topic, I hope you guys are enjoying this “payback” as much as I am. I feel confident there’s more to come. Savour it Bears! Revenge is a dish best served cold. It’s going to be a very VERY cold winter this year, I hear.

It's been a good couple of weeks.

After months of baiting, mocking, sarcasm and general all round abuse from work colleagues and so called friends. Keeping that British "stiff upper lip" and taking all that they threw at me, without resorting to violence. The days where I almost "snapped" and lost my temper, but kept my dignity intact, refused to rise to the bait and fought their bile with humour or just ignored them completely.

Sound familiar?

The tables have finally been turned and it's been my turn to dish it out. "Jambo" baiting has been my personal favourite lately and I thought I would share a couple of encounters I had with fans of the Division 3 feeder club.

A young supporter of "Mad Vlad's" lads was passing by the day after David Templeton signed. At last! My chance to extract a little revenge for the sly comments and little smirks he had been having at my expense. I thought I'd start with a mild piece of sarcasm (you don't want to use all the good stuff to begin with).

"So you'll be wearing blue from now on then pal. It's great to be a Ranger, eh?"

I had expected a little bit of humorous banter. What I got was a look of absolute disgust and anger, something muttered under the breath and off he stormed. Maybe it was a little bit too soon after the event for the poor soul.

Then on to the next "moron in maroon" and a chance encounter at work on Saturday 8th September.

"How are Rangers no playin the day" said he. Is it just in Fife we substitute how, for why?

"International football on today mate" was my reply.

"But yez ir a 3rd division outfit, how diz that affect yoo's".

"We have Northern Ireland international players and also quite a few of the Scotland youngsters" I reminded him.

The next part I didn't expect. "Why dae ye no support yer local team?" Yep. That was the question. The Irony was totally lost on him. A Fifer, whose local team would likely be Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, East Fife or Raith Rovers, is asking me why I am a Ranger, when he actively supports Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club)!

When on the question of "your local team", how does one define this?

Is it dependent upon your place of residence? So if you move from Liverpool to Manchester then you must switch allegiance?

The other argument I hear is that it is dependent upon your place of birth. If that is true then I should be an Ipswich supporter (c'mon the tractor boys). Even though I have never been there since I was a few months old. Glasgow is far more local to me than Ipswich.

Pity the poor Rangers supporting family, when the expectant mother goes into labour in the vicinity Park head in Glasgow. Utter nonsense.

I digress.

Back on topic, I hope you guys are enjoying this "payback" as much as I am. I feel confident there's more to come. Savour it Bears! Revenge is a dish best served cold. It's going to be a very VERY cold winter this year, I hear.

So what did u say to him? Did you not ask him why he doesn't support his local team?

So what did u say to him? Did you not ask him why he doesn't support his local team?

It was in a work situation and the remarks were in passing. I'll ask him next time I see him, it was probably the only comeback that came to mind.

He's actually quite a funny guy for a marron buffoon. I can actually have a good bit of banter with him and he's hurting at the moment and raging at Vlad.

It was the other Jambo that was a bit disconcerting. I thought he was game for a laugh. A well. Sauce for the goose.......

The local team thing is a weird one.

Personally I was born in the now closed queen mothers maternity unit (god rest her soul) and currently live in knightswood. Rangers were and are my local team. The local team thing is nonsense though, generally a lad supports the team that his father does, it's just the way it is.

It was in a work situation and the remarks were in passing. I'll ask him next time I see him, it was probably the only comeback that came to mind.

He's actually quite a funny guy for a marron buffoon. I can actually have a good bit of banter with him and he's hurting at the moment and raging at Vlad.

It was the other Jambo that was a bit disconcerting. I thought he was game for a laugh. A well. Sauce for the goose.......

Banter doesn't exist no more.

Only hatred and obsession with destroying rangers. I work by myself and I've got to say I'm glad I do, i think I'd quit my job and move on rather listen to that shit every day

The local team thing is a weird one.

Personally I was born in the now closed queen mothers maternity unit (god rest her soul) and currently live in knightswood. Rangers were and are my local team. The local team thing is nonsense though, generally a lad supports the team that his father does, it's just the way it is.

Or mother, as Davie Cooper Templeton did, so they say :rolleyes:

Best one I've had so far was about 6 weeks ago. The Orc I need to work with, after months of the usual tax pish got a phone call on site. He was in quite high spirits this fine morning when he took the call, not so after about half an hour of arguing. HMRC had sent him a dirty big letter explaining why he owed them over £700 in 'missing' PAYE tax!

Ah the hilarity that ensued after I found out was a much needed boost for morale, he almost ground his teeth to the gums as I ribbed him about it more and more, and to listen to him on the phone and actually come out with the line, and I quote directly here, "it's cos ma name is Anthony intit" fucking creased me in half! Tremendous fun was had the rest of the day and for quite some time afterwards. Unsurprisingly he hasn't mentioned a thing about tax since.

Just clear this up, how can a team that has sold the rangers one player be an sfl 3 feeder club? just a bit daft, gers acting like fucking septic fans on here now. who gives an actual fuck?

Awww cheer up Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) fan!

Black, wallace, Templeton. Kyle they like it here!

1347274083' post='1060428082']

Just clear this up, how can a team that has sold the rangers one player be an sfl 3 feeder club? just a bit daft, gers acting like fucking septic fans on here now. who gives an actual fuck?

We gave you Webster back . So Karma does work. If it ain't such a big deal WTF are you all moaning about losing one wee player?

Anyway away back to your 'hugely impressive ' average 12,500 crowds in a 17,000 capacity stadium. Someday soon you may even average 13,000. Pure utter wee diddy sized side in the landscape of football clubs that actually register as meaning something.

Ciao

It’s been a good couple of weeks.

After months of baiting, mocking, sarcasm and general all round abuse from work colleagues and so called friends. Keeping that British “stiff upper lip” and taking all that they threw at me, without resorting to violence. The days where I almost “snapped” and lost my temper, but kept my dignity intact, refused to rise to the bait and fought their bile with humour or just ignored them completely.

Sound familiar?

The tables have finally been turned and it’s been my turn to dish it out. “Jambo” baiting has been my personal favourite lately and I thought I would share a couple of encounters I had with fans of the Division 3 feeder club.

A young supporter of “Mad Vlad’s” lads was passing by the day after David Templeton signed. At last! My chance to extract a little revenge for the sly comments and little smirks he had been having at my expense. I thought I’d start with a mild piece of sarcasm (you don’t want to use all the good stuff to begin with).

“So you’ll be wearing blue from now on then pal. It’s great to be a Ranger, eh?”

Then on to the next “moron in maroon” and a chance encounter at work on Saturday 8th September.

“How are Rangers no playin the day” said he. Is it just in Fife we substitute how, for why?

“International football on today mate” was my reply.

“But yez ir a 3rd division outfit, how diz that affect yoo’s”.

“We have Northern Ireland international players and also quite a few of the Scotland youngsters” I reminded him.

The next part I didn’t expect. “Why dae ye no support yer local team?” Yep. That was the question. The Irony was totally lost on him. A Fifer, whose local team would likely be Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, East Fife or Raith Rovers, is asking me why I am a Ranger, when he actively supports Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club)!

When on the question of “your local team”, how does one define this?

The other argument I hear is that it is dependent upon your place of birth. If that is true then I should be an Ipswich supporter (c’mon the tractor boys). Even though I have never been there since I was a few months old. Glasgow is far more local to me than Ipswich.

I digress.

Back on topic, I hope you guys are enjoying this “payback” as much as I am. I feel confident there’s more to come. Savour it Bears! Revenge is a dish best served cold. It’s going to be a very VERY cold winter this year, I hear.

Chick Dung always goes on about supporting your local team, he was brought up in Govan and supporst St Mirren....go figure that one out!

Support your local team is actually what bigots throw at Rangers fans to show their anger.

My Family support Rangers and so do I, have done for generations, I may not have been born in Glasgow but that does not matter.

I also am enjoying the payback.

Wholeheartedly agree with you there, we are a global team. An institution, we are a family.

Regardless of your background, race or creed.

We simply are.. The people.

Oh god not only are Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) feeding us with players, it would now seem they are feeding us with fans.

We have enough fans edinbear.. We don't need you.