Opposition Ibrox memories others wouldn't remember ......

JTP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat us 2-1 at Ibrox.

55,000 at the start,about 10,000 by the time Alex McDonald scored at the end.

Agree with you re- St Etienne they were superb,should have beat Bayern in the final at Hampden that year (76)

Aye we got rumped that night but Glasgow was bouncing on the night of the final. Special late night licences all over the place. I was living close to Byres Road and it was unbelievable. Just about every pub was open till god knows what time. It was a beautiful early summer night and both sets of fans were in great form. What a great night.

Just thinking about things that stand out for you from visiting teams to Ibrox that most folk probably wouldn't remember.

One of the things I remember was the 2-2 game (I think

So you start a thread about things 'others wouldn't remember' then appear to be struggling with your own memory.

Should make for an interesting discussion.

Alzheimer's Loyal wacko.gif

So you start a thread about things 'others wouldn't remember' then appear to be struggling with your own memory.

Should make for an interesting discussion.

Alzheimer's Loyal wacko.gif

Yip, I needed 'a little' help with mine in terms of the scoreline.

You get the jist ....... :happy:

Cruyff with Ajax when he was going full tilt with the ball across our penalty box towards the corner of the Enclosure and the Copland and stopping dead and turning and slotting the ball into the net in the opposite corner. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, think it was Colin Jackson who just kept running toward the corner when Cruyff stopped dead in the box.

Then when we played Valencia and they had a free kick about 35 yards out and the German Internationalist who played for them(might have been Bonoff spelling ?) strode back and tell you it's was like Albertz running up, well before he took the kick said to my mates.........he is going to blast that in......he duly did.........and this guy in front turned round and said, you big fucking nazi spanish bastard uk.gif

Again some could say bullshit, but it's not biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif