Lyon 0 Rangers 3 Champions League 2007

Ghengis Khan

we backs to the wall almost the entire night as well :lol: i remember Juninho (not the washed up hack the scum had to fiddle taxes to pay "wages" to, the good one) hitting the woodwork at least twice or three times from set pieces alone! without Hemdani playing out of his skin that night i doubt it would have been a victory.

i remember sitting in my room watching the draw texting my mate who we got in our group and thinking "that's that then. at least after xmas we can concentrate on the league after we get fucked 6 times". how wrong i was!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a night that was. I remember my gran and grandad being at my house the weeekend before the game, when he left he said, "well son, I hope we get a good result". I just smiled at him, wishing the best. But known how hard it would be. It was amazing.

When beasly scored I didn't know what to do :lol: i was ecstatic.

Cousin, Hemdadi and Hutton were different class that night :praise:

A terrible night.

I had £2 on 0-3 at 450/1

Then I took it off thinking it was a waste of time.

fucking idiot.

Had 5 euro on Rangers that night and along with Barca vs Stuttgart and Arsenal vs Steaua(both away games too) managed to get 90 euro out of it. Decided to send half of that to my dad as i owed him and... few days later i went out of cash and he had to send them back to me :rolleyes:

not full highlights but goals

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1260492aMcpzHSm

Not seen these goals in years, cheers bro.

All three goals are amazing but my personal favourite is Beasley's...shortly after he scores you hear the Lyon fans booing. :D Think that was the first time they were beating at home in europe for years?

Incredible performance. Woke up the next day double checking it was real :lol:

And as for the reverse fixture, why the FUCK did we have to wear our away strip at Ibrox? I blame that for the defeat :(

Something to do with shorts. Lyon had to wear their away kit as well.

Watched this game in maternity ward with another expectant father.

Nurses had to keep reminding us where we were.

After the game i told my wife the name of our new daughter who was due anytime.

Daniel Lee DeMarcus - Mother in law thought it was a beautiful name :)

Father in law was pishing himself laughing.

Name got rejected when they found out although managed to get Durrant Gascoigne in after my ahem...Great Grandfather.

Beasley was awesome that night aswell

hrngbp.jpg

Was watching on ESPN or ESPN 2 here in the States, remember running around the house like a mad-man after Beasley's goal - cloud nine. :clap:

Have a VHS of this, the Barca game, and whatever other games aired over here in the Group Stages some where.

I don't think you can underestimate how big a result that was. I'm a big Ligue 1 fan and at that time, Lyon were unbelievable. I remember watching the game in my old house and I going mental, I just couldn't believe it. Not just that game, but that entire Champions' League group campaign was an amazing experience.

That squad that Walter, 'Super' and their staff built was a fantastic one.