Templeton's ankle is not broken

JM1872

Rangers winger David Templeton will be sidelined for up to five weeks with ankle ligament damage.

The former Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) player was stretchered off with a suspected broken ankle during last weekend's goalless draw at Annan.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist said Templeton had suffered major swelling and damage to the ligaments.

Templeton, 23, signed a four-year deal with the Ibrox club at the end of August.

McCoist said it was a blow for the Third Division outfit to lose Templeton.

"David has obviously got a very sore one," said McCoist. "The good news is that it's not broken.

"He has been for an X-ray but there is massive swelling and there looks to be a good bit of damage to the ligaments unfortunately.

"We are waiting on the swelling going down and then David will get a scan in the next few days."

Templeton began his career at Stenhousemuir before spending five-and-a-half years at Tyncecastle.

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) defended the sale of Templeton to Rangers, stating that the player was desperate to leave.

"In January he could sign a pre-contract and walk for free in summer," the Edinburgh club said.

The winger scored on his final appearance for Hearts (SFL3 feeder club), the 1-1 draw against Liverpool in Anfield.

Meanwhile, McCoist said his side's indifferent away form was not "a disaster" despite failing to register a league victory on the road.

Rangers boast a 100% home record - but sit fourth in the table - and McCoist said he was under no illusions as to the expectations of the fans.

"We all know the pressures on getting results at this football club," he added.

"It doesn't matter which league you're in, you're expected to win games.

"The flip side of the coin is that we've had three draws away from home, which isn't a disaster.

"I do accept we should be playing better with the ball away from home and, hopefully, turning those draws into victories.

"I'm certain that the results away from home will come but it's not going to be an overnight fix."

I tore the Medial ligament in my knee .The Doctor told me i would be better breaking my leg.That was at the end of May,Knees still fecked .Does not sound good for the boy!

This is his ankle so it is not as serious as a tear to the knee ligament thankfully.

Why are people desperate for him to have broken his ankle yes sometimes it can heal quicker than ligament damage but that isn't always the case and as said above 5 weeks isn't too bad it would take far longer for a broken ankle to heal than 5 weeks, people need to stop pretending they know what's wrong with him and that they are all surgeons in their free time, So stop jumping to conclusions and let's wait and see.