We have no devine right to win games.

keithgersbear

Some on here seem to think we are entitled to stick 5 goals past every team we play just because we bought some average SPL players. We are shite playing in a shite league against shite opposition who are just raising their game. Calling Ally a cunt and asking for him to be sacked because we are knocked out of the Ramsdens cup? Get real.

The only objective this season is to get out of SFL3 which we will do over the course of the season. I don't care about 2-3 years down the line and neither should any of you. Focus on the here and now. It is a real grind because our players aren't that good and the opposition treats it like a cup final.

This is sad just sad. So no one is expecting the team to at least pass the ball to there own players. We're not expecting them to play football?

What the fuck is the point if we're not expecting this team to do anything apart from win the 3rd div?

These players might be average SPL players but compared to the players we are playing against we should be winning these games easily.

This is sad just sad. So no one is expecting the team to at least pass the ball to there own players. We're not expecting them to play football?

What the fuck is the point if we're not expecting this team to do anything apart from win the 3rd div?

These players might be average SPL players but compared to the players we are playing against we should be winning these games easily.

We barely passed it when we won 3 in a row. Most of it was defensive and counter attacking football. We aren't entitled to anything.

As for the bit in bold, that is the point. To get out of the third division. We came close to not even having a club 2+ months ago.

Give it a by ffs!

We don't have the right to win every game, of course not. But the very least we expect from every Rangers team is fight, passion and the no surrender attitude the fans show.

Tonight it was like we were the away team and the underdogs, every man behind the ball when they had possession, every player in the box when they had a corner and we looked genuinely afraid to close opponents down. It was fucking pathetic.

If anyone knows what to expect from a Rangers team after playing in one for 15 years and being part of the coaching staff for 5 is Ally McCoist, or at least you think he would...

To be fair it's not just one game and if we're honest it's not just this season either

We are well on course for winning division 3. Make no mistake about that. We aren't going to fail to get out of the league. The 2nd point is a bit mute because last season was disastrous off the pitch. A lot of the focus even when we was in front in the league by a large amount of points was the controversy surrounding the club. It isn't easy working in a situation like that.

so from all the threads on here about ally and the team for the past year after every single game, we've just to grin. bear it and bury our heads in the sand hoping things pick up, honestly i'm fed having to follow the script on here without the fear of a backlash.

Give it a by ffs!

We don't have the right to win every game, of course not. But the very least we expect from every Rangers team is fight, passion and the no surrender attitude the fans show.

Tonight it was like we were the away team and the underdogs, every man behind the ball when they had possession, every player in the box when they had a corner and we looked genuinely afraid to close opponents down. It was fucking pathetic.

If anyone knows what to expect from a Rangers team after playing in one for 15 years and being part of the coaching staff for 5 is Ally McCoist, or at least you think he would...

There has been massive changes at Rangers in the last 6 months mate. You can't just expect win after win after win. We look shite because we have a lot of shit players. The days of Jelavic and Naismith are gone for at least 3-4 years. We don't have those sort of players in our team.

People make the argument that because we signed SPL players we should just be beating the life out of these SFL 3 teams which isn't exactly the case. These teams are playing well and above themselves. Our home form in division 3 is fine, once we win that first away game, we will be fine and win the league.

Some on here seem to think we are entitled to stick 5 goals past every team we play just because we bought some average SPL players. We are shite playing in a shite league against shite opposition who are just raising their game. Calling Ally a cunt and asking for him to be sacked because we are knocked out of the Ramsdens cup? Get real.

The only objective this season is to get out of SFL3 which we will do over the course of the season. I don't care about 2-3 years down the line and neither should any of you. Focus on the here and now. It is a real grind because our players aren't that good and the opposition treats it like a cup final.

So basically we no longer have standards?

Not the Rangers I know.

so from all the threads on here about ally and the team for the past year after every single game, we've just to grin. bear it and bury our heads in the sand hoping things pick up, honestly i'm fed having to follow the script on here without the fear of a backlash.

Who do people want to come in then? No doubt if Stuart McCall drew a few games and lose 1 at this level, there would be uproar on here about getting a new manager in.

Remember when we signed Dean Shiels and people thought it was a good signing on here and yet really he isn't that much better than some SFL3 players who are playing well above themselves. Some perspective on it would be nice.

So basically we no longer have standards?

Not the Rangers I know.

We don't have top quality players. There is a difference. Expecting average players to go out and stick 5-6 goals past other average teams who because of who we are playing above themselves is a bit naive. Our form is that of a team in division 3. Obviously we would like to be winning every game we play but we have brought in so many new players who frankly seem to be here for a pay day more than anything.

At rangers you win. If ally doesnt deliver he has to go. Will be a sad day but its the reality of the job he accepted. We have questioned the judgement of previous managers so i dont see why this is so different. We are not dead, we are back playing football. Its balls out time.

We are well on course for winning division 3. Make no mistake about that. We aren't going to fail to get out of the league. The 2nd point is a bit mute because last season was disastrous off the pitch. A lot of the focus even when we was in front in the league by a large amount of points was the controversy surrounding the club. It isn't easy working in a situation like that.

We will win division 3 ... suppose I've never really seen McCoist as management material and the more we rise the more a problem that will become

We don't have top quality players. There is a difference. Expecting average players to go out and stick 5-6 goals past other average teams who because of who we are playing above themselves is a bit naive. Our form is that of a team in division 3. Obviously we would like to be winning every game we play but we have brought in so many new players who frankly seem to be here for a pay day more than anything.

Then why the hell did we waste all that money, why did McCoist ask for even more signings of a similar nature?

If what you're saying is so true we'd have been as well using our youth team no?

Then why the hell did we waste all that money, why did McCoist ask for even more signings of a similar nature?

If what you're saying is so true we'd have been as well using our youth team no?

We just needed numbers. We signed them because we could really. 25-30k will still turn up to watch the team, so I suppose Ally and even Charles Green demanded some SPL players.

There does seem to be a bit of SPL expectations still around. For instance, people expect Ian Black, Dean Shiels to dominate and win lots of games. These are players who aren't used to winning games on a regular basis unlike the players we sold in Jelavic and Naismith and Mcgregor etc.

Nobody has ever claimed we have a divine right to win every game. The point that many posters are making is that Ally's standing as a deity instead of as a football manager is clouding the issue. If tonight's display was a one-off then there wouldn't be the criticism, the problem is we are witnessing numerous similar performances.

We all love Ally as a legendary player. We all love Ally for the way he conducted himself during the period from administration until we got the SFA licence to play in SFL3. What concerns us is his football managerial ability.

We all want RFC to prosper on and off the park but at the moment only the latter part of that target is on course for achievement.

We just needed numbers. We signed them because we could really. 25-30k will still turn up to watch the team, so I suppose Ally and even Charles Green demanded some SPL players.

There does seem to be a bit of SPL expectations still around. For instance, people expect Ian Black, Dean Shiels to dominate and win lots of games. These are players who aren't used to winning games on a regular basis unlike the players we sold in Jelavic and Naismith and Mcgregor etc.

Ian Black and Dean Shiels were key members of cup winning teams, I certainly do expect us to have a big advantage over the SFL much of which is part time FFS.

Nobody has ever claimed we have a divine right to win every game. The point that many posters are making is that Ally's standing as a deity instead of as a football manager is clouding the issue. If tonight's display was a one-off then there wouldn't be the criticism, the problem is we are witnessing numerous similar performances.

We all love Ally as a legendary player. We all love Ally for the way he conducted himself during the period from administration until we got the SFA licence to play in SFL3. What concerns us is his football managerial ability.

We all want RFC to prosper on and off the park but at the moment only the latter part of that target is on course for achievement.

I actually agree with some of the sentiments on Ally McCoist but do some on here seriously think he will be our manager in 5+ years time? I doubt that very much. All he has to do is get us back into the SPL. Unless of course league reconstruction happens, then perhaps we should think about replacing him.

Just because they never won every game at their old club doesnt cut them any slack here. Ally felt they were good enough, he will live or die by his decisions. Imo they are more than capable of winning these games comfortably. If the other div3 players are as good as ours why are they not playing at bigger clubs?

Ian Black and Dean Shiels were key members of cup winning teams, I certainly do expect us to have a big advantage over the SFL much of which is part time FFS.

Sure but so was Beattie and we didn't sign him. Scottish football is at a poor level at the moment. I don't think the level between SPL and SFL is as big as some people think.

I suppose they may be in division 3 because they can't show consistancy and on their day they may be good players but we musn't let our own standards slip ... once we start seeing dangers everywhere we look in the lower leagues the bastards of the spl who demoted us will have won

Sure but so was Beattie and we didn't sign him. Scottish football is at a poor level at the moment. I don't think the level between SPL and SFL is as big as some people think.

So how about when Gretna romped the bottom two divisions with lesser signings than ourselves?

I think you're blinded by loyalty to Ally here.