Battle of Britain

showtime69

It was great - but it doesn't come close to Bayern at Ibrox in 72.

We have spoken of this before ya lucky bassa stuart. ha ha.

Christ , glasgow must have been like downtown beirut that night as it was the night Old Dixie let them down i believe, my mum said when he missed his pen, she threw me up in the air and my head hit the ceiling, never been the same since.

Somebody surely must have a story from that night, that would take some beating as being a perfect day as a bear.

Come on, step up

No Surrender

Rab :ulster:

We have spoken of this before ya lucky bassa stuart. ha ha.

Christ , glasgow must have been like downtown beirut that night as it was the night Old Dixie let them down i believe, my mum said when he missed his pen, she threw me up in the air and my head hit the ceiling, never been the same since.

Somebody surely must have a story from that night, that would take some beating as being a perfect day as a bear.

Come on, step up

No Surrender

Rab :ulster:

Good Evening Rab,

First of all, many congratulations on having one of your posts put on the main page of RM courtesy DJW and Darchevinny.

As I said at the time, your posts are terrific and you thoroughly deserved it.

I dont have a lot of time tonight as I'm off out shortly but I would just like to remind you of an offer I made to you a couple of months ago:

I have a programme from the semi-final against Bayern at Ibrox in 1972 which has been signed by Willie Mathieson.

The offer is still open - PM me with an address to send it to Rab and the programme is yours.

I would be my pleasure to send it to a fellow Bear who, without ever meeting you, I know loves my Club as much as I do.

As you say:

No Surrender.

Stuart.