They're at it again . . .

you surely can't have missed the posts which say that 'me and my family will be here for generations wheras the likes of you will be a celtic fan'? if that's not claiming to be a better fan then i dunno what is. the inference is clear - you're not loyal, you don't subscribe to the traditional values, you're not a real rangers man.

nevertheless i agree that it is a false argument no matter what side it's from - my view is that a fan is a fan.

I didnt miss them Dek - just chose not to suscribe to them.

However I do believe there is a hierarchy of Rangers support...and have proposed in another thread what it consists of ...

To answer you question Canadaready.....

Yes I do think there is a "hierachy" of Rangers supporters...

But its not based on where you were born...or even where you live now

Nor is it based on what religion you are...or if you even have religion in your life...

Nor is it based on the songs you sing...or even the songs that you dont sing..

And neither is it based on whether you are season ticket holder..or in fact the number of games you attend.

From deep inside it comes....grabs hold of you...transforms you. Once you have tasted you can never go back. You live and breathe Rangers Football Club..she becomes a fire within you which cannot be extinguished. Wherever you go...you are an ambassador for her and your conduct reflects this awesome responsibility you have. You will defend her...her traditions...and your brethern to the very ends of the earth and with every last drop of breath. When Rangers Football Club is tarnished it will feel like a personal insult. You will respect your fellow Bear...he is a brother in what is the greatest fraternity in the world. .

Let Jules Verne sum up for me what I cant say......

"Far above that earth on which he had known no joys; in the midst of that night which sent to him its softest radiance; on the way to that heaven toward which he uplifted his spirit, as though in a miraculous assumption, he seemed already to live and breathe in the new existence" (Five Weeks in a Balloon)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest orangpendek

and yet.....

the govt. returns for 1833-4 show that the proportion of the population enrolled in day school were:

scotland 9.6%

england/wales 9%

considering the size differential not much to crow about. look, i'm not trying to put scotland down here (altho i did find hermann's book a bit ott, esp. the hideous cover). i want to point out that an objective view on a subject is better than going in with a preconceived notion based on the football club one supports. however, it's a free country and if anyone wants to, that's their business. all i would ask is that i am not referred to as a celtic man if i disagree.

Guest orangpendek

i will admit, my well read chum, to those feelings at one time in regard to the rangers. but if i'm honest, i'm married, have kids and i direct most of my energies towards my family. i just don't find the same committment to the football as when i was 16. but it does irk when one's allegiance is questioned. possibly trying to have one's cake and eat it, but there we are.

i will admit, my well read chum, to those feelings at one time in regard to the rangers. but if i'm honest, i'm married, have kids and i direct most of my energies towards my family. i just don't find the same committment to the football as when i was 16. but it does irk when one's allegiance is questioned. possibly trying to have one's cake and eat it, but there we are.

Ah a backslider ;-)

You can get help you know....

Guest orangpendek

d'you know what? probably a couple of decent signings would ignite the old enthusiasm again. after sunday, my overriding reaction was ' thank god that's over,' in relation to the season. i can't recall thinking that before, so maybe my dis-enchantment with the game is more to do with how mince we've been.

'logsout'

and yet.....

the govt. returns for 1833-4 show that the proportion of the population enrolled in day school were:

scotland 9.6%

england/wales 9%

considering the size differential not much to crow about. look, i'm not trying to put scotland down here (altho i did find hermann's book a bit ott, esp. the hideous cover). i want to point out that an objective view on a subject is better than going in with a preconceived notion based on the football club one supports. however, it's a free country and if anyone wants to, that's their business. all i would ask is that i am not referred to as a celtic man if i disagree.

yes your right dek it does not make you a celtic man, but i will put it another way, to me the club is a way of life to me and if the club or its fans come under attack from media newspapers, and other fans from other clubs,then i will defend the club as i have done all my life,as did my father and grandfather before,who rangers were their life,as dart said something takes over you and its a great honour to be a rangers fan. i know fans support in their ways and that is up to them, and respect their rights,maybe some of us are more obssesed with the club,and your right it does not makes us better fans than others, but i think some of the fans today just sit back and do not defend the club when its under attack.also dek you do get special fans who the club means more to them than others,my father was one of that breed,who loved rangers and their traditions, and as i have said before when a man is lying dying in a hospice of cancer and stuggling to breath and full of morphine and hours to live,and the last words he spoke were to ask me if we won ten in a row,and i said yes,and to see the smile on his face was very special, and to me if thats how much the club meant to him, then i vowed to always defend the club,because my father loved the club that much.