Celtic's Racist banner

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying I'm not convinced it was IRA related. Not funny and a bit shit but it doesn't strike me as racist (like the famine song isn't racist). I know I'm in a minority on this one but it just looks like a poor wind up to me, best not to bite IMO. Each to their own tho.

Wouldn't be like the tims to have anything to do with the ira would it :rolleyes:

Racist :lol:

Ridiculous.

The point is that it should be covered by the same law as 'the famine song', personaly if we want to tell plastics to go home, and they want to mock us with zombie banners, i think we should be able to, ffs its football and this is part of the rivelry. But in this day and age of 'dont say anything that might upset anyone ever' its only fair that things like this are seen to be treated equally to 'the famine song' or whatever else it might be.

The point is that it should be covered by the same law as 'the famine song', personaly if we want to tell plastics to go home, and they want to mock us with zombie banners, i think we should be able to, ffs its football and this is part of the rivelry. But in this day and age of 'dont say anything that might upset anyone ever' its only fair that things like this are seen to be treated equally to 'the famine song' or whatever else it might be.

The Famine Song isn't racist either, merely considered racist by sections of the media - it was an embarrassing stance and judging this in the same fashion would only make a ridiculous situation even worse. If that's how we are judging what is and isn't racism then I'd suggest that the OP is trivialising a very serious issue.

The Famine Song isn't racist either, merely considered racist by sections of the media - it was an embarrassing stance and judging this in the same fashion would only make a ridiculous situation even worse. If that's how we are judging what is and isn't racism then I'd suggest that the OP is trivialising a very serious issue.

I agree the famine song isnt racist, this is all about a level playing field, but as we are Rangers its probably too much to ask.

Why dont we, the mhedia, any politicians, any police etc etc etc just let the scum do, and sing anything they want and just trivialise it. Its the craic, banter etc and not meant to offend us. <cr>

But we Must self-police ourselves so as not to offend anyone outwith our own fans. That would keep a few posters on this thread happy.

The offended bus timetable has been rescheduled for every 4 minutes from stance's 1,3 and 6 :rolleyes:

It's no like we've ever had banners that would appear offensive to others,

As i've mentioned in other threads, this moral highorse position alot of our fans have taken up, is now very irritating.

Tuesday, Sept 25th,

"Stagecoach and First Scotland have launched a joint venture and created 250 extra jobs with the order of 2000 new 'offendedbendy-buses', the demand comes from Rangers fans across the nation being outraged from fans of other clubs, journalists, newspaper vendors, politicians, the SFA, the SPL and just about every other person and organisation the length of the UK,

A Stagecoach spokesman yesterday revealed details of the joint venture and ensured these buses would be manufactured in a 'round-the-clock' shift pattern in a secret purpose built manufacturing plant, he went on to say that he was delighted to have the opportunity to create these much needed jobs and also uppease the concerns of the majority of the Rangers fan base,

Going on, he stated that the timetable would be operational 'as quickly as humanly possible' and that the buses would be leaving and arriving at bus stations and terminuses across the nation, with a large percentage running out of the Glasgow area every 1.690 minutes',

Continuing, he divulged that there would be extra concession fares for the 'ultra-offended' stating that this was only fair and in the interest of public transporting integrity,

There will also be day-rider style tickets available but the fare pricing system has yet to be completed.

Tuesday, Sept 25th,

"Stagecoach and First Scotland have launched a joint venture and created 250 extra jobs with the order of 2000 new 'offendedbendy-buses', the demand comes from Rangers fans across the nation being outraged from fans of other clubs, journalists, newspaper vendors, politicians, the SFA, the SPL and just about every other person and organisation the length of the UK,

A Stagecoach spokesman yesterday revealed details of the joint venture and ensured these buses would be manufactured in a 'round-the-clock' shift pattern in a secret purpose built manufacturing plant, he went on to say that he was delighted to have the opportunity to create these much needed jobs and also uppease the concerns of the majority of the Rangers fan base,

Going on, he stated that the timetable would be operational 'as quickly as humanly possible' and that the buses would be leaving and arriving at bus stations and terminuses across the nation, with a large percentage running out of the Glasgow area every 1.690 minutes',

Continuing, he divulged that there would be extra concession fares for the 'ultra-offended' stating that this was only fair and in the interest of public transporting integrity,

There will also be day-rider style tickets available but the fare pricing system has yet to be completed.

Posts like this makes me wonder how you have been on here so long.

Surely you have been offended enough by now.

Posts like this makes me wonder how you have been on here so long.

Posts like this make me wonder how many of our fans actually have a sense of humour,

I'm just fed up of everyone and their dug getting offended by evrything that happens these days, it's beyond tiresome!!!

Posts like this make me wonder how many of our fans actually have a sense of humour,

I'm just fed up of everyone and their dug getting offended by evrything that happens these days, it's beyond tiresome!!!

I dont see how adding to the attacks on us with the poorest form of wit helps, Comedy is maybe not your forte..

Rangers as a support are sick of being shat on, you seem to want to add to it.

The superiority, or indeed the perception thereof, isn't necessary from a legal or football rule point of view.

Is it likely to cause offence to British, Protestant Rangers fans? Yes. This is proven by the posts in this thread.

Semantic accuracy is an irrelevance as far as the law and appropriate rules are concerned.

You don't have to be British or Protestant to be an offended Rangers fan over this.

Semantics,eh?

I don't believe the famine song is racist in any way, no, and to be honest I don't remember the media coverage but I will take your word for it that it was considered racist. This however is just the tabloid media stirring shit to sell papers as it always does, I think it is easier to make the racist accusation when the target is clearly of one background (not race), such as Ireland, than if it merely targets a football club which is open to all backgrounds, races etc and is a choice to join.

Again I want to state that it is certain in my opinion that neither are racist, just that if the media wants to exaggerate either it is much easier to rationalise with the famine song.

I think the cases are, while similar on the surface, too fundamentally different to compare as such, but I am sure if Celtic began to sing regularly and widely about murdering British citizens the media (who are British) would jump on it the same way as it will sell papers.

Just my two cents.

They have been singing and praising the ira for years,

who have murdered innocent civilians for years

If they cunts want to make an arse of themself then let them get on with it and let the rest of the world see them for what they are.

Yes we do need to stick up for ourself and Rangers more than we have done in the last 20 years but lets not turn into sad bitter cunts like them that go out their way to be offended.

Yes I can see why some would find this offensive but I personaly couldn't give a fuck what they sad cunts get up to and the less I here and read about them on here, the better.

:7325::7326::7325::7326::7325::7326::7325::7326::7325::7326::7325::7326::7325::7326::7325:

I think you've got me massively wrong, here.

Racism has already been trivialised. We hear so much in terms of claims, but no real evidence for this supposedly prevalent anti-Irish racism. Yet anybody non-white, English or even Eastern European has been overlooked.

That's the biggest injustice here, that real victims are overlooked for faux Irish victims. I say this as someone of Irish descent, like many other Rangers fans and players, a fact which was conveniently overlooked surely meets the criteria, at the very least.

Furthermore, we were slagged in the press and had Lord Carloway set a precedent in law. The ship has sailed.

If we are to take TFIO as racist, by a judge and the media, then stating that someone is evolutionarily, and therefore genetically, sub-human and inferior whilst depicting them being shot by a gunman, from a culture so prevalent with Republican anti-British gunmen.

All we can hope for is to raise the comparison, pointing out that if either is racist, the banner is more so than the song. Equality and fairness, whilst a valid and reasonable goal, would be inferior to raising the issue to shed some light on it, possibly getting us back to a more reasonable and realistic state.

As it stands, a falsehood, which was trivialising the greater issue, is allowed to stand uncontested. Fighting that misconception and trivialisation isn't consistent with conforming to it. The issue needs raised once again and exposed for what it is.