They wont like that down south.

DerekJohnstone

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee larry is beelin.

You can sense his outrage...makes me smile that his no mark club are called out.

Too many English football fans think their team is special, but in reality they are just geographically fortunate.

Being a big club is all about prestige...history....and fanbase. And villa are lacking in all aspects.

Geographically fortunate just about nails it, i think Villa are one of the highest spenders over the last while ( sure someone can find a stat) and Greens not too far out because they aint very good.

They have spent 159 million in the last 5 seasons, Man City have spent 537 million, mental eh!

Wee larry is beelin.

You can sense his outrage...makes me smile that his no mark club are called out.

Too many English football fans think their team is special, but in reality they are just geographically fortunate.

Being a big club is all about prestige...history....and fanbase. And villa are lacking in all aspects.

Have a wee rep young gogzy boy,you can feel the seethe and the venom from that lads post.lol

With the relationship we have with the SPL and SFA something will have to be done for change.We can't keep playing wee clubs with small support,we need to play clubs our size.What Charles talks about is massive historic change but what the hell we can always hope and we know there will have to be some kind of change within the next few years.

These should ease your fears

Napoli

• Declared bankrupt in 2004, a new owner and president − film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis − helped the club start from scratch in Serie C1, and they were back in the top division by 2007/08, returning to Europe after a 14-year absence in the 2008 UEFA Intertoto Cup. In 2011, Walter Mazzarri's team enjoyed a third-place finish, which guaranteed Napoli UEFA Champions League football for the following season.

And

Fiorentina

Another Coppa Italia followed in 2000/01 but a year later Fiorentina were in Serie C2 – the fourth tier – following bankruptcy. The only player to remain at the club in its new incarnation was Angelo Di Livio. Helped by him and new ownership in the shape of the Della Valle family, they returned to grace almost as quickly as they had lost it and since Cesare Prandelli's 2005 appointment, Fiorentina have gone from strength to strength.

Both from the Uefa website

http://www.uefa.com/...file/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/...file/index.html

Had a look at those examples and it seems those clubs used an Italian law called "Lodo Petrucci" which allowed them to wipe their debts, change their name but keep their history. That law obviously wouldn't apply in Scotland but whats important imo is that because the Italian FA recognised Fiorentina and Napoli as the same club post bankruptcy, UEFA seemed happy to do the same.

I'm more heartened by the Lord Nimmo statement and although he is not working for the SFA his opinion must carry weight. It seems farcical that the SFA wouldn't recognise we are the same club but attach conditions on membership.

The bottom line for me is getting the SFA to "offically" recognise that we are the same club, that in turn will be good enough for UEFA, I can't see them going against what our own governing body say.

CG yer a great guy BUT when yer mentioning the Old Firm remember its always Rangers then them, never them first..Forgiven just this once

I'd prefer mate to never see/hear the OF mentioned again. It sounds like we're pals.

Meanwhile the other half has been attempting to underhandedly cause maximum damage to our club.

Had a look at those examples and it seems those clubs used an Italian law called "Lodo Petrucci" which allowed them to wipe their debts, change their name but keep their history. That law obviously wouldn't apply in Scotland but whats important imo is that because the Italian FA recognised Fiorentina and Napoli as the same club post bankruptcy, UEFA seemed happy to do the same.

I'm more heartened by the Lord Nimmo statement and although he is not working for the SFA his opinion must carry weight. It seems farcical that the SFA wouldn't recognise we are the same club but attach conditions on membership.

The bottom line for me is getting the SFA to "offically" recognise that we are the same club, that in turn will be good enough for UEFA, I can't see them going against what our own governing body say.

There is not really any evidence that we are not the same club, new company running the club yes but a new club??

Im sure the owners of Napoli and Fiorentina had to pay for the right to keep the club names and even played for a time under other names.

Rangers, average attendance is consistently one of the highest in Europe, the figure of 49,542 for the domestic league Season 2011-12 being the 15th highest across the European continent.

Rangers fans have contributed to a number of records for massive attendances most notably the highest home attendance for a British league fixture, 118,657 on 2 January 1939. Ibrox Park hosted numerous crowds of over 100,000 during the 1950s and 1960s, prior to reconstruction following the Ibrox Disaster.

Rangers supporters also hold records for the highest attendance at a friendly fixture, 104,679, set at Hampden Park in 1961 vs Eintracht Frankfurt, as well as the largest crowd to watch a non-Cup final fixture, 143,470 for a Scottish Cup semi-final vs. Hibernian in 1948.

Rangers have won honours both domestically and in European cup competitions. They have won the Scottish league Championship a record 54 times and th Scottish League Cup a record 27 times. In their first league season, 1890 – 1891, they won the Scottish Football league jointly with Dumbarton and their most recent success came in the 2010-11 Scottish Premier league.

Rangers were the first club in the WORLD to win 50 league titles, they now hold the world record for number of domestic league championships won after racking up 54 titles. Rangers also hold the record for domestic trebles, with seven so far. They won their 100th major trophy in 2000, the first club in the world to reach that milestone. They are now the most-honoured football club in the WORLD, having won 115 trophies in total.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either it is a fenian loving, or eternal pessimist that would suggest that Rangers Football Club does not deserve a place in the highest league in Europe.

Don’t outdo Rangers – We Are The People, and We Are A Top Club.

A bit more about the proposed "Balkan league"

The former states of Yugoslavia are considering forming a regional Balkan League, starting in 2015, with UEFA believed to be prepared to grant approval to the cross-border competition.

The league would involve teams from Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Slovenia, Macedonia and Montenegro, along with Hungary and Bulgaria. Michel Platini, the UEFA president, has expressed his support for cross-border competitions, even though the governing body has previously held reservations.

There is not really any evidence that we are not the same club, new company running the club yes but a new club??

Im sure the owners of Napoli and Fiorentina had to pay for the right to keep the club names and even played for a time under other names.

Italian law stipulates that the owners of Napoli and Fiorentina had to change their name. I don't think we can use those examples to back up our case. What we can use from it is that getting our governing body to recognise the continuity of the club is vital if we want UEFA to see it that way. UEFA regulations don't seem to make a distinction between the club and the company, you are one or the other as far as they are concerned.

"not really any evidence that we are not the same club" isn't good enough imo, I want it officially confirmed by the SFA and UEFA. I don't want to wait and see what happens when we win our next trophy or three years down the line when we qualify for European competition. We know we are the same club and in a lot of ways that is all that matters but I'd rather it was confirmed officially by the SFA.

Italian law stipulates that the owners of Napoli and Fiorentina had to change their name. I don't think we can use those examples to back up our case. What we can use from it is that getting our governing body to recognise the continuity of the club is vital if we want UEFA to see it that way. UEFA regulations don't seem to make a distinction between the club and the company, you are one or the other as far as they are concerned.

"not really any evidence that we are not the same club" isn't good enough imo, I want it officially confirmed by the SFA and UEFA. I don't want to wait and see what happens when we win our next trophy or three years down the line when we qualify for European competition. We know we are the same club and in a lot of ways that is all that matters but I'd rather it was confirmed officially by the SFA.

What is your thoughts on HMRC/British law saying

"A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club.

"This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

"So the sale is not being undermined, it simply takes a different route.

"Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox.

"It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA.

"Rangers can make a fresh start." ?

Didn't the SFA confirm the fact when they transfared our share over and told us to pay oldco footballing debts?

What is your thoughts on HMRC/British law saying

"A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club.

"This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

"So the sale is not being undermined, it simply takes a different route.

"Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox.

"It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA.

"Rangers can make a fresh start." ?

Didn't the SFA confirm the fact when they transfared our share over and told us to pay oldco footballing debts?

I don't think much of the HMRC statement tbh, it doesn't help me one way or the other on whether or not sfa/uefa will recognise the continuity of the club. (never heard of a British law that covers it).

Re: the sfa and conditional membership, I don't remember hearing or reading confirmation from the SFA, that they accept we are the same club, if there is then thats a huge relief. If you mean the act of transferring the membership in itself is confirmation then maybe/hopefully your right, the other side of that argument is the conditions were attached to the membership itself and any club getting said membership would have to take on the conditions that came with it.

As I said earlier the nimmo statement is the most promising by far, that makes me much more confident that the SFA will do the right thing, that will ensure UEFA follow suit.

Talked the issue to death now, I'm nowhere near as worried as I was so I'll leave it at that.

I don't think much of the HMRC statement tbh, it doesn't help me one way or the other on whether or not sfa/uefa will recognise the continuity of the club. (never heard of a British law that covers it).

Re: the sfa and conditional membership, I don't remember hearing or reading confirmation from the SFA, that they accept we are the same club, if there is then thats a huge relief. If you mean the act of transferring the membership in itself is confirmation then maybe/hopefully your right, the other side of that argument is the conditions were attached to the membership itself and any club getting said membership would have to take on the conditions that came with it.

As I said earlier the nimmo statement is the most promising by far, that makes me much more confident that the SFA will do the right thing, that will ensure UEFA follow suit.

Talked the issue to death now, I'm nowhere near as worried as I was so I'll leave it at that.

What not even this part

A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club?

Your right when we get to discussing Italian law you know it has been done to death.

problem is though, how many of our fans would travel to watch us play ac milan, in milan for the 5th time in as many years.

away trips would be expensive, and the novelty would wear off

Could be 10x in 5 years if you consider Inter.

Clubs would have to put flights on at the cheapest cost say petrol money and the tickets would be cheap

I am sure a dedicated supporters club who pay an annual fee covering they costs with a small profit going to the clubs would be workable.

Biggest question towards a Euro league would be that these games would have to take place at the weekends to make it workable.

Honestly why would they need to? Most of us are adults we know the score