guys/girls who take young bears

lewislaudrup

This is probably not going to be popular with some people, but if your kid can't see it probably means they are too young to take there in the first place. It constantly amazes me the ages some guys will take their kids at. To me it's all about saying "Well my wee fella was there when he was 2/3/4". What will they remember about it? Fuck all. It's an ego thing lads. At least leave it till your kid can actually take in what he/she is actually there to witness.

Agree with this . My kid only got genuinely interested when he was about 9. Prior to that kids are too distracted an spend most of heir time kicking the seat in front of them

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats ok until we score and he jumps up to cheer where is the poor we guiy gonna end up.prob about 10 rows away :ohmy:

First Rangers cellick game I went to, 1973 cup final, when forsyth scored i must have been about 40 yards sideways from where I'd started celebrating, and my dad was about 10 yards in front of where we'd been. we were quickly reunited,(we were both wearing blue red and white scarfs for the occasion which must have been easy to spot :21:

Fucking English will do...

no i'm sure he and you have to learn...unluky pal.

English you say? Might be an idea to have a firm grasp of the language before you criticise anybody elses use of the language. Bad grammar, there should be a comma after 'no'. Unlucky isn't spelled 'unluky'. 'He and you' is clumsy sentence construction 'Both of you' would have been a better choice of phrase.

My first game would have been around 68 when I was 8 and, youngsters used to get lifted over the turnstile then.

Remember going to games from 8 to 11 years old, and asking fans to lift us over the turnstile, (and collecting ginger bottles afterwards to save the pocket money. :)

Only allowed to go to games with the mates instead of my dad or uncle when I was about 11 and had to wait till I was 13 till I went to my first Rangers cellick game, and then allowed to go to Rangers cellick games with the mates.

Different days maybe but just think there was a different growing up process in those days when everything was not given straight away but held until you were old enough to appreciate it.

When I first went to games from the 70s to the 90s kids at the game, especially a big game would have been very unusual.

Maybe its because the game has changed so much with the seats and less fan trouble etc that the youngsters are being taken at earlier ages, I hope they appreciate and remember their early games as much as I did.

You went as a kid in 68 but kids attending between the 70's and 90'd would have been unusual? I went to my first game in 1994 aged 8 and can remember quite a lot of details from it. I'm not sureI would have enjoyed it any younger.

English you say? Might be an idea to have a firm grasp of the language before you criticise anybody elses use of the language. Bad grammar, there should be a comma after 'no'. Unlucky isn't spelled 'unluky'. 'He and you' is clumsy sentence construction 'Both of you' would have been a better choice of phrase.

And elses should have an apostrophe in it. :craphead:

no i'm sure he and you have to learn...unluky pal.

Go on then Bill , read the thread and post something enlightening rather than critisizing the English (Shit bad spellling of the "critisizing" word there, cant be arsed to correct it. LOL)

What was your first game ?

You went as a kid in 68 but kids attending between the 70's and 90'd would have been unusual? I went to my first game in 1994 aged 8 and can remember quite a lot of details from it. I'm not sureI would have enjoyed it any younger.

I meant kids younger than 8 in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Do other posters agree this was the case, especially in the 70s.

I think then,a lot of the 6 and 7 year olds were more interested in scamming extra pocket money by asking bears with cars if they could "look after the car " for them during the game. The little buggers usually got the dosh to prevent them actually damaging the car.

Remember a game at Porkheid where the kids from the nearby tenements (half a dozen, all between about 7 and 8, all thims) were trying this scam.

A wee toddler of about 3 or 4 who was still in nappies came toddling out the close behind them went straight over to a car and started tugging at the wheel cap. They learned the tricks at an early age then !

no it shouldn't. There is no letter missing ie. Can't = Can not and its not a possesive ie. David's ball. Elses (as in the plural) doesn't require an apostrophe.

That's not of course the only ocassion it is used, like the one in question, but I'll let you have your moment. Even though you're wrong. :)

Why is every thread ruined by some pedantic dick who reckons he is god's gift to the intricasies of the English language, its a football forum ffs not the bloody Oxford English Society's massdebating forum. (I spelt masturbating wrong there, see.)

And before anyone starts ,all spelling and grammatical errors in this post are deliberate, just there to annoy you.

Now can we carry on talking about football and related matters on the Bears Den football forum please.

With a few exceptions we were all born as rangers fans here. We were still rangers fans when we went to the first game, that does not change.

How old were you when you went to your first Rangers game and can you remember it ?

my wee boy was 4 and his was a 1-1 with hearts. shite game aye! but not to him he remembers it like it was yesterday. dont underestimate the wee ones they are our future.

few saying he's to young to take.

but if i cant take him with me i cant get to the game either, all he talks about is ibrox and today was moaning cause nobody was singing, he's always kicking ball around garden have i just to tell him he's no allowed to go anymore? he might be 3 years old but he's hooked now and hopefully has his season ticket next to me for the rest of his days.

few saying he's to young to take.

but if i cant take him with me i cant get to the game either, all he talks about is ibrox and today was moaning cause nobody was singing, he's always kicking ball around garden have i just to tell him he's no allowed to go anymore? he might be 3 years old but he's hooked now and hopefully has his season ticket next to me for the rest of his days.

Don't listen to them. They could be anyone and may not even be Rangers fans. You are the only one who can decide whether you take the child or not. He sounds like he is ready and his willingness to go is outstanding.

aye but for 90 mins its a bit of a mare!

The booster seat is a good idea. That is the type of thing my laddie uses at the cinema.

I have been taking my 5yo son to the games this season. I moved seat in the main stand in preparation for this and luckily got the front row so he does not bother anyone sitting in front of him. He appears to enjoy it and I will keep taking him until he decides otherwise.

For the guys on here that have opinions about bairns at the games, they should be considerate of other people's circumstances. It could be weekend access, child care reasons (missus working etc) or simply that some fathers enjoy spending time with their kids.

For me, I work away from home so my time spent with my boy is limited so getting a day away at the football with him is good fun. I hope we are still going to the games together in 20 years time.

Spoken like a bloke with the brains of a three year old, whats this got to do with the thread ?

Apart from that I actually think kids that old would get more fun kicking a ball in the house or garden rather than going to a football match.

Dress them in gers jerseys or whatever if you think makes them look cute, but taking them to games at that age is just an ego trip for the parent, so buy a little teddy bear and wave that around, will be cheaper. Your kids will really appreciate it more if you wait till they are at least 9 or 10 and will actuallly remember their first trips to Ibrox.

got to say a have to agree with this, a wouldnt take a kid under ten to a game. but as soon as they hit that age they go.

Rep for this man.

I am sure the OP asked about what others do to help their children see. Not at what age he should take his child to the game.

Where. Do you sit mate in the family section? Might be a good idea to email the club asking if they would consider making a clip on booster seat for kids like you see in the pictures?

copland rear mate, booster seat would be perfect but you know what g4s are like you cant take bottle of juice in

http://www.google.co...10&um=1&ie=UTF-

8&cid=1442724053026817324&sa=X&ei=AxCDUIPMHMKg0QX83oCoBQ&ved=0CFAQ8wIwAg

Check out the attached link. Backpack that turns into a Booster seat for the games. Could get Rangers ones before through JJB don't know if you can get them online now.

perfect mate cheers. (tu)