Should John Greig now be asked to return to the Fold?

The Mongoose

eh no i'm sick of this jobs for the boys shite we have we need people with business knowledge and skill and John Grieg isn't the brightest of fellows and during his time behind the scenes at Ibrox he didn't show any passion, leadership or enthusiasm for his job. I remember when I was around 11/12 I went to on of those Rangers Residential Camps for a week at Glasgow Uni and at the end we got out photos taken with the SPL trophy and got to shake hands with and meet Sandy Jardine and John Grieg while Jardine was enthusiastic and keen to speak to us, John Greig sat there with a miserable look on his face not smiling once or making any effort to talk to any of us or our parents he couldn't wait to get out of there some kids dad asked for a photo but John Greig just waltzed right past him into a car and left without speaking or even agnoledging him at all. That is not the way an ambassador of Rangers should act he doesn't deserve to be employed by Rangers anymore. He might have been a great player for us but as an ambassador of Rangers he is a joke.

Sandy Jardine has done far more for Rangers in that role it wasn't John Greig standing on the steps outside Hampden rallying the Rangers support it was Jardine.

Had a very similar experience of Him my self.Typical gruff Jambo .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best ranger ever, that's personal opinion. But I would hope bears would not just cast the thoughts of fans back then voting this man the greatest ranger aside. He is and was loved by many and it would be no injustice if he returned in some capacity, we may have a fresh approach now but many voted him for a reason, maybe they would appreciate him still this day and perhaps for those fans it would be right.

No, what purpose would he serve? Hes no business genius so that rules that side out. He's no tactictal genius either so that rules that out too. General advice on football matters? isn't that why Smith returned? Ambassador? Given a good number of our fans take to slating the 'Greatest Ever Ranger' what chance has he as an ambassador for the club?

A vast number don't slate him.

Your choice of 'vast number' certainly tries to imply more than my statement suggests. I never stated a 'vast number' merely a 'good number' indcating its not just a few cranks. But I agree a 'vast number' dont slate him. A 'good number' do. Some even on this thread.

Your choice of 'vast number' certainly tries to imply more than my statement suggests. I never stated a 'vast number' merely a 'good number' indcating its not just a few cranks. But I agree a 'vast number' dont slate him. A 'good number' do. Some even on this thread.

I'm positive a vast amount don't that's all I was saying.

no but given you posted directly before me, I mentioned how a 'good number slate him' and then the very next reply is you saying 'A vast number don't slate him.' then its not a difficult conclusion to reach that you were replying to my post.

that would make me psychic ;)

Whats a good number? I couldn't give you a figure for a vast amount. No issue here really is thr?

that would make me psychic ;)

Whats a good number? I couldn't give you a figure for a vast amount. No issue here really is thr?

vast number = anything over 50%

good number = anything that isn't a negligble amount

at least thats my take.

Nae issue at all.

Wouldn't make you psychic. Check the layout of the posts in question and you'll see what I mean.

vast number = anything over 50%

good number = anything that isn't a negligble amount

at least thats my take.

Nae issue at all.

Wouldn't make you psychic. Check the layout of the posts in question and you'll see what I mean.

I never posted before you in reply ;)

You agreed anyway, an overwhelming majority don't ;)

lets be pragmatic here, Greigs 70. hasnt had any real role in football beyond the mostly honorary post he previously held for a generation, bringing walter back is a masterstoke by green who needs Walter's knowledge and understanding of how the game works in this country and who is also held in immense respect by many in the game beyond ibrox and the media in scotland, the mhedia may find it easy to rubbish Green but they couldnt rubbish Walter, we all know that what Greens been saying has mostly been spot on and was also badly needing to be said, but its been easily batted away as him playing to an audience, no such accusation could be leveled at Walter.

can think of no-one better to defend our club in the coming battles we face, I'd love to see dungcaster try and take walters titles away, we need him on board badly, John Greig, legend as he'l allways be, would bring what exactly?