Appeal

slimjim1690

Before I start let me make myself clear, I am as delighted as all on here regards the tribunal result, but does anyone think that HMRC will appeal this decision, the only reason I ask is, if the decision was unanimous I would say no chance, but with a split decision I've got this little nagging doubt in the far reaches of my brain thinking maybe just maybe they will appeal.

I understand that it wouldn't make sense to go after oldco as there is no money to be gotten there, but I've always believed it was never about us really, and that we were being used as a test case for the bigger fish to fry in the EPL, and with a 2/1 decision it's fair to say that it was a close decision for the judges to come to, and that may embolden HMRC's lawyers to have another go, as they don't seem to give a damn about how much taxpayers money it costs them to go to court.

I hope I'm talking rubbish but I think it's a legitimate question to ask, don't think my head could take another round though.

Before I start let me make myself clear, I am as delighted as all on here regards the tribunal result, but does anyone think that HMRC will appeal this decision, the only reason I ask is, if the decision was unanimous I would say no chance, but with a split decision I've got this little nagging doubt in the far reaches of my brain thinking maybe just maybe they will appeal.

I understand that it wouldn't make sense to go after oldco as there is no money to be gotten there, but I've always believed it was never about us really, and that we were being used as a test case for the bigger fish to fry in the EPL, and with a 2/1 decision it's fair to say that it was a close decision for the judges to come to, and that may embolden HMRC's lawyers to have another go, as they don't seem to give a damn about how much taxpayers money it costs them to go to court.

I hope I'm talking rubbish but I think it's a legitimate question to ask, don't think my head could take another round though.

time is of the esscence. We should be exposing the HMRC leaks asap so it shows them as having an unadulterated agenda and makes it tougher for them to go forward with an appeal if they can be shown in anyway to be linked or associated with RTC blog / Phil 3 names etc.. It shows them up as helping to create an environment of prejudice.

i tend to believe the will, they clearly have an agenda and their conduct in this case (and others) has been nothing short of deplorable.

I hope they review how much money they have wasted on this, and the destruction left in their wake, and ask themselves, is it worth spending another few million of public money appealing, when they won't recieve the monies anyway?

As I've alluded to on another thread here, it's probably a test case yes for other bigger fish in the CITY, but it also serves as a good money spinner for the establishment witin British society. There's been an awfl lot of time and money spent on this for jobs for the boys.

I wouldn't put it past them to go for more security of income for these lawyers and accountants.

There is no value for the taxpayer, in them appealing this decision.

If they do consider an appeal, I'd be amazed if someone doesn't step in and call this whole sorry mess to a halt.

In saying that...the Crown Tax Forces seem to have a lot of anti-Crown personnel in positions of power, by the looks of things. Perhaps common sense won't prevail.

HMRC have already said they are considering an appeal.

they have too say that. They need to look as though they havnt made a complete arse of it . I honestly believe they will not appeal .I think they will want the mess they created to be forgotten about ASAP . Here's hoping there is an investigation into the damage they have caused our club .

From what I understand (heard some fuckin journo say it, so it could be shite) HMRC have 7 weeks to appeal it.

Thats probably why the spl kangeroo court is to reconvene "sometime early in the new year".

They cant just fuckin admit defeat. If there is an appeal, they'll continue with their crooked case against us, and if no appeal, they will find some excuse to weasel their way out of it.

I don't see them appealing infact I feel the Goverment should step in and demand, taxpayers money, be used for more Important things.. Afterall HMRC said Rangers was on a test case..

Can you provide factual evidence of this, Would be interesting, as then they would be under a certain obligation to pursue others who they believed they had a case against.

If they already have any other suspected case then as a taxpayer I would not only expect them to be acting on my behalf, but think they would have a legal obligation to do so. Should our elected MPs be asking these questions on our (taxpayers) behalf ?