The Myth of Talent and Murray Park

bennyali

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw an interview with pep guardiola once where he said at la Masia they look for the talented skillful youth players, no need for physicality at that age as they are still growing and fitness and physicality can be taught where as natural talent can't.

Now I am not one for saying that you are a stranger to the truth. But(yip) this sounds like a .....I know two chairman of SFL teams and they told me this, sort of statement from you.

I care not a jot what you think one way or another but my statements re sfl are happening

Yes I honestly think this would be a step backwards, Messi would still be in a slum in Argentina FFS.

When I saw the OP Messi was the first thing that popped into my mind and the saddest part is if Rangers were the only club recruiting youth it would be true,you

could throw Xavi in there also as he isn't the biggest guy in the world.

finding natural talents and improving them is a bad idea?

"stamina, speed, strength, muscular endurance and health."

most of these are attributes that can be earned through training, whereas natural talent can't.

I really don't understand your point at all.

+1 they can be got through hard work and commitment, some Mental attributes can also be gained with training and hard work and to me that's where we fall behind,

we need players educated on things like positioning and where and when to pass, set plays or where he should be when attacking or defending etc etc, sometimes I

feel as if Scottish players are just playing the game by ear and seeing where it goes at some points.

Natural talent like Messi or Ronaldo can't really be taught at club these guys have prob being kicking a football about since they could walk and you have either got it or you

haven't.

In the small town I go to visit in Holland they have 4 teams at diffirent grades. There's a vetrans league also, a whole series of girls teams and all the diffirent ages down to 5 year olds. A lot of them will never make the grade as you'd expect, but they play against all the other small towns in the area, so there is a similar structure throughout the region and they all play in grade 5, indicating that there is 4 teirs above them.

It's a way of life for them, helping the kids towards fitness and obesity.

The surprising thing about this level of inclusion in this town is that the population is on barely over 2,000.

Folk that don't like football tend to play tennis whose courts are normally with in the same complex.

Think of all the lottery money taken out of local sport that could have provided these facilities, but instead went to London for the olympics.

Sport for all my arse!!!

Mate what you are talking about here is participation, pure and simple participation. That is whats needed first and foremost in this country, a strategy to get as many kids, young adults and adults playing the game as possible, supporting this with good facilities. By all means make other sports accessible too.

But we will not see real quality players emerge until we get more playing the game at a young age.

:lol: Who?

you may not like what we have and constantly go on about how everything falls on ally as some form of failure on his part, but not I, ee have talented kids, wether you agree or not. Job for boys blah blah, Allys fault this n that blah blah.

Now that I have read a book by Matthew Syed and some articles on a new and critical approach to nurturing young talent, I must conclude, with certainty, and confirm what many Bears have already suspected. That is to say, the Murray Park blueprint is wrong. From what is commonly understood, they search for the talented and raise them to first team level. This is the wrong approach entirely. The best approach now, is to find those kids with the physical attributes of stamina, speed, strength, muscular endurance and health. Practice makes perfect and fitness will allow the young Murray Park to perform under duress. Also, tactically, a different and more holistic approach is required. Feel free to comment.

Your reasoning here perfectly sums up what is wrong with scottish football.

when strength and athletic ability are deemed more desirable than skill that my friend

is where all the problems in our game start.

jobs for boys, explain?

This is Allys priority from the off, explain?

I told you in another thread it is self explanatory. There is no need to explain it. It is what it says it is. Fuck knows what else you are talking about below that. You talk in riddles and make little sense.

I told you in another thread it is self explanatory. There is no need to explain it. It is what it says it is. Fuck knows what else you are talking about below that. You talk in riddles and make little sense.

yaaaaawning like fukk here.

We need to get young players comfortable with the ball at their feet, too many British players seem to panic when they get the ball and either punt it long or pass it quickly backwards or sideways. Players need to know how to control the ball, to be comfortable on either foot and to know what the right pass or move is, players must be good with all aspects of ball control and passing, from the 6foot 4 CB to the 5foot 5 Winger. Then we have the makings of a philosophy, good ball players who can all make things happen if need be, good footballing brains are also needed, that is something else British players have lacked in comparison to our Continental counterparts over the years.

Now that I have read a book by Matthew Syed and some articles on a new and critical approach to nurturing young talent, I must conclude, with certainty, and confirm what many Bears have already suspected. That is to say, the Murray Park blueprint is wrong. From what is commonly understood, they search for the talented and raise them to first team level. This is the wrong approach entirely. The best approach now, is to find those kids with the physical attributes of stamina, speed, strength, muscular endurance and health. Practice makes perfect and fitness will allow the young Murray Park to perform under duress. Also, tactically, a different and more holistic approach is required. Feel free to comment.

It's not as mad as some on here might think the legendary coach of Dynamo Kiev Valeriy Lobanovsky looked at physical attributes natural stamina and hand to eye coordination and his teams played tremendous football.

Any one who calls Auchenhowie ,Murray Park,is under suspicion......

I've read that book and IMO it should be ten Bobo Baldes and one huge, obese motherfucker in goals ,standing on the line and if he has to come off the line, then he wipes out everybody.

THAT'S how the game SHOULD be played.

I await a call from the SFA.

You need to have natural ability from the off which most Scots dont seem to possess at anything nevermind football. I blame the alcoholic and junkie fuck parents for fucking up lives before they have even began!

Take a look at how many gold medals Scotland got in the olympics. Compare that with Holland which has 3 times more people and in my opinion far better attitudes to sport. Scotland has a lot of natural ability...