Buy Rangers shares

Gary-Rangers1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be negative here, the more investment the better.

You don't directly own anything of Rangers, as you are a member of the group of people who collectively bought shares.

All good if that's how you can invest. The club will receive your money just the same.

I'm sure you read the details and contacted the RST before you parted with your cash?

No?

:wink: cheers.

But will the club get the money ?

If they arent purchasing through the IPO, is there not the risk of the price increasing? They are stating 125 quid buys you one share on their site?

£125 buys you one community share. The £125 is used to purchase shares in the club whether that is through the IPO at 70p per share or on the secondary market at the prevailing price. The price can go up or down. The purchase price isn't hugely relevant as the shares will never be sold. Obviously, the cheaper the price the more shares can be bought, but the share price reflects the health of the club to a certain extent, which is the most important thing.

I thought they said you would be able to do this without joining the RST?

Obviously not then... £10 joining fee and again every year to have a say in how your shares are represented?

Who said you wouldn't have to join the RST?

http://www.buyrangers.org/faq/

Why do I have to pay to become a member of the Supporters’ Society in addition to buying my share?

To invest in the community share scheme by law you have to also be a member of the Industrial & Provident Society registered as The Rangers Supporters Society Ltd to satisfy the Financial Service Authority regulations. It is not possible to invest in a Community Share offer unless you are a member of the Society.

Where else would they put it apart from into the club?

After all, that's what they say isn't it?

My understanding and im happy for people to correct me, that only money invested up until the 18th will go directly to the club. The IPO closes on the 18th and you can then no longer buy shares directly from the club.

If this scheme choose to buy the shares after the 18th then every penny will go to an existing shareholder from the IPO either at a higher price meaning the shareholder makes a profit or at a lower price where the shareholder makes a loss.

(tu)

My understanding and im happy for people to correct me, that only money invested up until the 18th will go directly to the club. The IPO closes on the 18th and you can then no longer buy shares directly from the club.

If this scheme choose to buy the shares after the 18th then every penny will go to an existing shareholder from the IPO either at a higher price meaning the shareholder makes a profit or at a lower price where the shareholder makes a loss.

(tu)

You're right in what you say. I'm not sure if I'm picking you up wrong but going by your other posts you see this as a negative. The scheme will also purchase shares through the IPO.

You're right in what you say. I'm not sure if I'm picking you up wrong but going by your other posts you see this as a negative. The scheme will also purchase shares through the IPO.

Its a huge negative. (tu)

And i doubt they will be in the position to buy anything serious from the IPO. (tu)

There will be 72 million shares in issue.

If 100 people invest £125, this gets little more than 0.02% of the club. That means 99.98% of the club would not be owned through the scheme.

1,000 folk investing means 99.8% is owned by others.

It would take over 20,000 folk to get to 5%, even then 95% would be owned by others!

The numbers are even worse if the share price rises after the share issue and the shares have to be bought on the open market - the institutional investors clearly think this will happen or they wouldn't be investing! and it's them, not Rangers, that would benefit from such share buying.

It is utterly misleading to suggest that this scheme will get any meaningful collective say. It's delusional, perhaps dishonest, to suggest so.

And remember, your £125 gets you no shares in Rangers - none, nil, zilch.

There will be 72 million shares in issue.

If 100 people invest £125, this gets little more than 0.02% of the club. That means 99.98% of the club would not be owned through the scheme.

1,000 folk investing means 99.8% is owned by others.

It would take over 20,000 folk to get to 5%, even then 95% would be owned by others!

The numbers are even worse if the share price rises after the share issue and the shares have to be bought on the open market - the institutional investors clearly think this will happen or they wouldn't be investing! and it's them, not Rangers, that would benefit from such share buying.

It is utterly misleading to suggest that this scheme will get any meaningful collective say. It's delusional, perhaps dishonest, to suggest so.

And remember, your £125 gets you no shares in Rangers - none, nil, zilch.

so if there are people that cant quite aford the £500 you dont think doing this is better than nothing ?

Its a huge negative. (tu)

And i doubt they will be in the position to buy anything serious from the IPO. (tu)

Why is it a negative? Charles Green has stated that all the offer shares will be taken up. This means the club is achieving the money it set out to achieve.

You referred to Chris Graham's comments in a previous post. You may be referring to a different thread, so my apologies if that is the case. The thread I read Chris comment on was re. fans who couldn't or wouldn't invest £500. The option for them was £125 through BuyRangers or buy what they can on the secondary market. Chris commented that if they invest in the IPO through BuyRangers, the club would get the money which is true. Any shares bought after the IPO whether by individuals on the open market or by BuyRangers will be purchased from other investors.

Eh, surely everyone sees it as a negative that shareholders would be the ones to benefit from post IPO purchases, and not Rangers?

Eh, surely everyone sees it as a negative that shareholders would be the ones to benefit from post IPO purchases, and not Rangers?

I must be missing something. What is the alternative? Nobody is suggesting that anyone should invest through the secondary market rather than the IPO. Once the option of the IPO is closed, it is either secondary market or nothing.

Why is it a negative? Charles Green has stated that all the offer shares will be taken up. This means the club is achieving the money it set out to achieve.

You referred to Chris Graham's comments in a previous post. You may be referring to a different thread, so my apologies if that is the case. The thread I read Chris comment on was re. fans who couldn't or wouldn't invest £500. The option for them was £125 through BuyRangers or buy what they can on the secondary market. Chris commented that if they invest in the IPO through BuyRangers, the club would get the money which is true. Any shares bought after the IPO whether by individuals on the open market or by BuyRangers will be purchased from other investors.

If they buy at £125 on the market, they will own a share in Rangers.

If they buy at £125 through BuyRangers, they wont own a share.

(tu)

Tell me you didn't just type that? The shares will indeed be taken up in any event - but by the institutional investors! Surely it's better that Rangers fans bought those shares? If you can't see that it's a negative to have yet more shares in the hands of the institutional investors rather than fans then there really is no hope.

so if there are people that cant quite aford the £500 you dont think doing this is better than nothing ?

I don't like how this is being sold as a way to gain a meaningful say. It won't, and to say that it will (or even that it could) is little more than a lie.