NHL lockout

Is anyone else severely saddened that we're probably going to miss a full season of NHL hockey? Bettmans made some shite decisions as a commissioner, the leagues grown despite him not because of him.

I do think the players are greedy, how they can expect to have 8 year contracts when half the franchises are struggling!

I also find the decision to move teams like Atlanta, whilst bankrolling others like Phoenix, incredibly stupid. Atlanta is a thriving city with the 4th highest amount of Fortune 500 companies in the usa, Phoenix has jack shit.

There shouldn't be another team in Quebec, non French speakers won't move there (see Eric lindros when the nordiques drafted him), altho places like Hamilton and Portland could happily support an nhl franchise

Is anyone else severely saddened that we're probably going to miss a full season of NHL hockey? Bettmans made some shite decisions as a commissioner, the leagues grown despite him not because of him.

I do think the players are greedy, how they can expect to have 8 year contracts when half the franchises are struggling!

I also find the decision to move teams like Atlanta, whilst bankrolling others like Phoenix, incredibly stupid. Atlanta is a thriving city with the 4th highest amount of Fortune 500 companies in the usa, Phoenix has jack shit.

There shouldn't be another team in Quebec, non French speakers won't move there (see Eric lindros when the nordiques drafted him), altho places like Hamilton and Portland could happily support an nhl franchise

No

C'mon you Coyotes!

• 4 weeks later...

Watched the penguins flyers game, thought Crosby was absent!

Lunqvists save is unbelievable! It's almost Roy-esque!

And jagr and selanne still turning it on, great opening night! Watch buffalo flyers today, have to say I think Philly could go far this year.

My bets are on Tampa to win it though, think lecavalier and St. Louis look really sharp

Watched the penguins flyers game, thought Crosby was absent!

Lunqvists save is unbelievable! It's almost Roy-esque!

And jagr and selanne still turning it on, great opening night! Watch buffalo flyers today, have to say I think Philly could go far this year.

My bets are on Tampa to win it though, think lecavalier and St. Louis look really sharp

Blues and Penguins Stanley Cup final IMO. I will be watching the Wild with interest though after getting Suter and Parise last summer.

The Rangers haven't had a great start either, still only 2 games in I suppose.

Thought they'd go all the way last year... hopefully they can do it this year.

Usually start poor,liven up in the middle,then tail away just in time to exit in the first round of the Play-Offs!