STV 6PM TONIGHT - AJ Interview on Lloyds TSB, Ticketus, Green, Murray and Whyte

OlegKuznetsov

This sounds quite interesting, but it may be short.

45]

66aa5487a5576c8f81a79e329e4313f5_normal.jpeg

And Alistair Johnston explains why he chose to invest indirectly in Charles Green's IPO. Only on STV News at 6 tonight.

45]

Johnston also talks about Sir David Murray's 'heinous' role in Craig Whyte's time at Rangers.

45]

Watch my interview with Alistair Johnston in which he says Lloyds TBS and Ticketus are responsible for Craig Whyte coming to Rangers.

45]

Rangers invited Alistair Johnston to Hampden for today's game. My interview with former Rangers chairman only on STV News tonight at 6pm.

Brief transcript:

Murray disagrees with him, but he sold the club to a liar and cheat. Lloyds, along with Ticketus who were facilitators to Whyte and should have known better, forced the sale.

Nothing new there, I'm afraid.

He invested via the RST as a gesture.

The cheeky comment as to why he invested through the dungwall holiday fund oops! rst instead of buying himself , was that over the last few years peoples have been Rangers fans instead of Rangers supporters...... something like that, but it was a cheap jibe.

So he invested through a mob that acted like spoilt children and vindictive bastards throughout or troubled times trying to get new owners in, because they back a bunch of well shall we say people who didn't have the money to buy the club,or they had the money but a reluctance to buy the club.

This is the man that was chairman when our old bald ceo said they had evidence that would bury lemmon.....yet once again did nothing.

I really don't get him being invited as a guest of the club today. Please go back to America and please no letters from America from you.

i still think murray and whyte hatched the whole thing together, and funnily enough i think a lot of us had it the wrong way regarding the tax case

Many believed that Murray sold to whyte because the tax case was a worry, that he was desperate to offload the club before it was hit with a big bill and Lloyds shut us down because of it,

But what if it was the complete opposite

What if murray and co believed the tax case was a certainty in our favour, but still decided that to keep us competitive we had to wipe Lloyds out in one go rather than watch them systematically reduce our ability to compete with their stringent budgets

Two things always stuck in my mind regarding the administration, Whyte always had the idea that he was going to get the club back by the end of march was it? thats an administration of less than 2 months,

Also when it happened Murray said "im surprised that this has happened at this time" as if he expected it to happen at some point

Now considering we were told that the tax case verdict would have been before xmas last year, then it was early january, i now think that murray and whyte together hatched the plan to

Get rid of Lloyds: we went from a secured creditor in Lloyds to an unsecured creditor in ticketus

Spend a lot more than we had in terms of wages and transfer funds to make sure the squad was more than capable of covering a ten point deduction and be in with a chance of the title or at worst stay in 2nd place

The non payment of VAT and PAYE was a side effect from having no euro money whatsoever, going from the europa league quarter finals to nothing wasnt expected at all, even then had the tax case verdict come through before the CVA was produced then HMRC wouldnt have been the biggest creditor and couldnt have knocked it back

meh probably a lot of theory but another plot nevertheless

He is the only one i listen out for,has been right in everything he has said so far,get the blinkers off and listen to what the guy has to say.First time i have had my say in the tax case by the way........................

By the way Lloyds are the ones that seem to have slipped under the radar,THEY are the ones that have plenty to answer for.............

He is the only one i listen out for,has been right in everything he has said so far,get the blinkers off and listen to what the guy has to say.First time i have had my say in the tax case by the way........................

AJ interview from April 2011. Whyte had been around for 5-6 months and bought the club the following month. Here are some quotes:

Johnston had earlier claimed a Whyte buy-out would be “good” for Rangers and it could be that a formal offer worth around £27m for Sir David Murray’s 85% shareholding

“At this point in time I would hope that Craig Whyte is the right guy and he can proceed with the discussions which we have been engaged in for the last couple of weeks,” said Johnston.

He added: “The board are reflective of my view which is, if we can get this thing right, it will be good.”

“I think he is a businessman who is very bright"

It's hard to see how AJ could have called it any more wrongly. That doesn't stop him trying to rewrite history and pretend he knew all along and that he fully warned us. Oh, and AJ's solution to our situation? Spend yet more money, even while the gorilla was still in the room:

“Right now, we need more money immediately,” said Johnston. “He hasn’t been asked for £30m in the summer. What we have said right now is that what we spend in the summer doesn’t necessarily have to be repeated every year.

AJ was a failure. No amount of lies will change that.

i still think murray and whyte hatched the whole thing together, and funnily enough i think a lot of us had it the wrong way regarding the tax case

Many believed that Murray sold to whyte because the tax case was a worry, that he was desperate to offload the club before it was hit with a big bill and Lloyds shut us down because of it,

What if murray and co believed the tax case was a certainty in our favour, but still decided that to keep us competitive we had to wipe Lloyds out in one go rather than watch them systematically reduce our ability to compete with their stringent budgets

Two things always stuck in my mind regarding the administration, Whyte always had the idea that he was going to get the club back by the end of march was it? thats an administration of less than 2 months,

Also when it happened Murray said "im surprised that this has happened at this time" as if he expected it to happen at some point

Now considering we were told that the tax case verdict would have been before xmas last year, then it was early january, i now think that murray and whyte together hatched the plan to

Get rid of Lloyds: we went from a secured creditor in Lloyds to an unsecured creditor in ticketus

Spend a lot more than we had in terms of wages and transfer funds to make sure the squad was more than capable of covering a ten point deduction and be in with a chance of the title or at worst stay in 2nd place

The non payment of VAT and PAYE was a side effect from having no euro money whatsoever, going from the europa league quarter finals to nothing wasnt expected at all, even then had the tax case verdict come through before the CVA was produced then HMRC wouldnt have been the biggest creditor and couldnt have knocked it back

is Murray that clever? that is a stunning piece of strategy ! but badly executed!

my own theory is Murray panicked under pressure from lloyds and Shyte thought he would rip us off but I doubt we will get the real truth!

is Murray that clever? that is a stunning piece of strategy ! but badly executed!

my own theory is Murray panicked under pressure from lloyds and Shyte thought he would rip us off but I doubt we will get the real truth!

This is what happened .

Murray did flap and at the time stood to lose his entire Empire.

Despite all that has been said and written, there's a great deal which we still don't know. More heat than light has been emitted by the mass of coverage.

What you say could be true.

Then again, Whyte fitted the identikit profile for tim fantasies. It's an almost perfect coincidence from their perspective, if you believe in coincidences, in this regard.