The Official *** Rangers v Elgin City (Sat 5th Jan, 3pm) *** Match thread

govanblue

Well if Marseille hadn't cheated we would have reached the Champions League final ... also it was whyte not paying the taxes that put the club into liquidation and nothing to do with the expenditure on players

What i was talking about is seperate to any talk of liquidation, in any case, had we been a better run club, Craig Whyte would not have got near Rangers. It is no secret we had been living and spending well outwith our means since the arrival of Dick Advocaat, £83m debt during that period sort of confirms that, then a £33m debt under Walter Smith. Annually running at a loss, we were living well outwith our means every year for the last 15 years.

Absolutely fair enough. I just think some less minded fans on here giving it all that seem to want to forget the improvement in order to moan about today. We should be disappointed today, but we shouldn't be downhearted. It literally was just one of those days.

Ha and agreed on Kyle, think he was doing a good job for us a few games ago

Thing is the improvement is what I expected, we went four away games without a victory and were pumped out of two cups at home so if there hadn't been huge improvement then it would have been a disaster.

The resource superiority isn't like QPR beating Chelsea or similar, we have top flight players several of whom are internationalists and there's experience in Europe, plus our youth system is light years ahead of anything in the third division. Of course over 36 games not every one will be a classic but IMO there's been too many poor ones.

You're trying to portray people as being unreasonable, I don't think I am, I've given due credit for our winning run and laid off Ally pretty much totally. As long as he comfortably earns promotion which he likely still will then his job is under no threat and he's earned a shot at trying to take us higher.

But I do like to be able to express being pissed off on a forum like this, especially having been there it felt like such a waste.

Thing is the improvement is what I expected, we went four away games without a victory and were pumped out of two cups at home so if there hadn't been huge improvement then it would have been a disaster.

The resource superiority isn't like QPR beating Chelsea or similar, we have top flight players several of whom are internationalists and there's experience in Europe, plus our youth system is light years ahead of anything in the third division. Of course over 36 games not every one will be a classic but IMO there's been too many poor ones.

You're trying to portray people as being unreasonable, I don't think I am, I've given due credit for our winning run and laid off Ally pretty much totally. As long as he comfortably earns promotion which he likely still will then his job is under no threat and he's earned a shot at trying to take us higher.

But I do like to be able to express being pissed off on a forum like this, especially having been there it felt like such a waste.

I wasn't portraying you as unreasonable at all. I was just pointing out that you're mind was made up and anything I said clearly wasn't going to change that. There are others on the thread who are unreasonable, we can all spot them.

And I wasn't using QPR Chelsea as an example of differences in resources, I was using it as an example of a team being so vastly superior to another but the game simply not going to plan, in an unexplainable sort of way

I wasn't portraying you as unreasonable at all. I was just pointing out that you're mind was made up and anything I said clearly wasn't going to change that. There are others on the thread who are unreasonable, we can all spot them.

And I wasn't using QPR Chelsea as an example of differences in resources, I was using it as an example of a team being so vastly superior to another but the game simply not going to plan, in an unexplainable sort of way

I get that, my fear is that it's a return to the earlier displays/results and that the good run was in fact the 'blip' as it were. We got right out of jail at Queens Park after all.

I get that, my fear is that it's a return to the earlier displays/results and that the good run was in fact the 'blip' as it were. We got right out of jail at Queens Park after all.

Doubt it myself. There was a world of difference between today's draw and early season draws away from home. We were literally getting dominated in those games and were lucky to get draws. Today was genuinely as comfortable a game as we've had all season, simply perforated by some really poor deliveries and a dreadful error. I'll be worried when we start to get dominated by the opposition. Until then I don't think we're in much trouble

Final score 1-1

I think his point is that Ally set out a team that got a shot at goal once every 3.84 minutes.

It really isn't his fault if the strikers cant score more than one out of 25 attempts.

he needs to give them a bollocking for their wastefulness.

The amount of good play in midfield, that was totally wasted today by lack of final ball/killing blow was really disappointing.

Game was just a disappointment in terms of performance, lack of ideas and no real penetration (whatever the stats say).

Was a flat feeling around the ground and even the guys in BF1 seemed a bit quieter. But hey-ho....cant wait for the next one.