The Official *** Rangers v Elgin City (Sat 5th Jan, 3pm) *** Match thread

govanblue

There is a fine line between things in football

That finishes 1-0, its literally one of the most comfortable wins of the season, while obviously not playing all that well

1-1 and every Tom, Dick and journalist has us down as 'embarassing' and 'unprofessional'

For me, the leap is too great

But the problems have been long term.

We have been poor for most of the season and this for me was seen in all its glory at Hampden. We had 1 shot on the Queens goal in the whole of the fist half and the second wasn't much better, thankfully we were able to squeak out at 1-0 win.

Ally still doesnt know his best formation/team and again this is shown by his faith in Black who has been shocking despite his hefty wages.

There is a fine line between things in football

That finishes 1-0, its literally one of the most comfortable wins of the season, while obviously not playing all that well

1-1 and every Tom, Dick and journalist has us down as 'embarassing' and 'unprofessional'

For me, the leap is too great

Some people have the attention span of 5 year olds.

But the problems have been long term.

We have been poor for most of the season and this for me was seen in all its glory at Hampden. We had 1 shot on the Queens goal in the whole of the fist half and the second wasn't much better, thankfully we were able to squeak out at 1-0 win.

Ally still doesnt know his best formation/team and again this is shown by his faith in Black who has been shocking despite his hefty wages.

I disagree.

While we've not been world beaters, our run from October to the end of December was, at the very least, decent. Our form has been poor at times, I just think people lose all sense of proportion at times.

and you never fail to write pish on here !

McCoist has always been useless as a manager and most folk know it . He has a few good results against amateurs and everyone forgets all the disasters . This kind of result is always going to happen as long as hes in charge .

You must love it when we drop points so you can come here and pedal your agenda.

A lot of the fans have genuine gripes, you however are just a shite Rangers fan, with a crystal clear agenda.

You have no respect fot the man, and he has earned it, contrary to what you say he is a capable manager and dare I use the swear word, Loyal, as for players on big wages, that is sh***, though I agree better than what most of us get, but when having to put up with the drivel spouted at them and the abuse they take at the hands of Some fans as we are not all tarred with the same brush, unfortunatly for some of us as the saying goes You run with the craws you will get shot with the craws, if you dont like what you see, f*** o** im sure we wont miss you. Give respect to the greatest team on the planet, They deserve it.

I respect Ally greatly as a player and as a man. There is no doubt about that.

Yeah I'm going to respect all those players on the park today that allowed 10 men Elgin get a point, I have no issue with the young lads, it's the experienced pros that are not cutting it in the 3rd Division that are pissing me off with their can't be arsed attitude at times. I will respect them before I fuck off as you so very nicely put it :rolleyes:

The fact is Ally has been a manager for 18 months...

Yet some people think they can judge how his career will turn out due to certain poor results he's had in that time. Criticize by all means but if you're going to predict the future, LET ME KNOW THE FUCKIN LOTTERY RESULTS... Thank you. :cheers:

I'm perfectly calm though, Ally's not going anywhere whatever short and long term doubts, I just don't see how that today could be excused.

You'll understand though if I don't think i'm gonna win you over

I'm not saying we 'excuse' today, i'm merely saying, we understand it. Some people are acting as if we got played off the park today. We didn't perform as we could, not even close. Nobody would deny that. I'm just saying, you can be the best side in the world, it wont stop utterly illogical things like today happen. Chelsea had the same thing at home to QPR. We win that 1-0, its a professional job done, all of a sudden, an inexplicable mistake and the players are unprofessional? Sorry, i find that too much.

Also don't think tactics were the problem today. Players being careless with their final ball was the problem. I think you could have had Sir Alex Ferguson managing us today and he would have thought, 'we'll, look, we are totally dominating, another goal is surely coming' - no need to change it. Slight tactical tweaks might have made the difference, but, then again, they might have made things worse. I don't think there is anything 'glaring' from today's team selection and tactics that tells me Ally made major mistakes today

For me, it was a freak game.

The whole Ally doesn't know what he is doing tactically thing, for me, is irrelevant to todays game and is a fair argument.

I disagree.

While we've not been world beaters, our run from October to the end of December was, at the very least, decent. Our form has been poor at times, I just think people lose all sense of proportion at times.

Having been to 90% of our homes games this season I have seen no improvement in play what so ever!!

The same passing sideways, hoofing the ball up to jig has been there since day 1. We have been luck in the fact our opposition are part timers and the lowest in scottish football.

People seem to give Ally pass marks because, "OH HE SHTUCK BY US"..."HES SHUPER ALLY" bla bla bla

The fact is if we had a manager who was tactically astute and who knew his best team/formation with the players we have we would be comfortably beating teams

4 to 5-0.

No im not being arrogant or delusional as we have a higher wage bill and a higher class of player than even many teams in the SPL.

Having been to 90% of our homes games this season I have seen no improvement in play what so ever!!

The same passing sideways, hoofing the ball up to jig has been there since day 1. We have been luck in the fact our opposition are part timers and the lowest in scottish football.

People seem to give Ally pass marks because, "OH HE SHTUCK BY US"..."HES SHUPER ALLY" bla bla bla

The fact is if we had a manager who was tactically astute and who knew his best team/formation with the players we have we would be comfortably beating teams

4 to 5-0.

No im not being arrogant or delusional as we have a higher wage bill and a higher class of player than even many teams in the SPL.

Do people really talk like that? Anywhere, ever?

You must love it when we drop points so you can come here and pedal your agenda.

A lot of the fans have genuine gripes, you however are just a shite Rangers fan, with a crystal clear agenda.

More pish , we have dropped points before and i never even came on here , at least get your facts right .

I have always said McCoist would be a crap manager and should never have got the job .

But he is the manager and as long as he is we are going to have results like this often .......

You have no respect fot the man, and he has earned it, contrary to what you say he is a capable manager and dare I use the swear word, Loyal, as for players on big wages, that is sh***, though I agree better than what most of us get, but when having to put up with the drivel spouted at them and the abuse they take at the hands of Some fans as we are not all tarred with the same brush, unfortunatly for some of us as the saying goes You run with the craws you will get shot with the craws, if you dont like what you see, f*** o** im sure we wont miss you. Give respect to the greatest team on the planet, They deserve it.

If Rangers mean as much to you as you say then you should not want us to have the wrong man managing the team however good he was as a player ... we are Rangers supporters not Ally McCoist supporters.

So far as telling someone who has been a regular on RM for years to f*** o** perhaps you should stay away yourself until you learn some manners

4 to 5-0.

Games aren't won by wages. Games are won on the park

While our football hasn't been spellbinding, frankly, I disagree entirely with your assessment. I think there are times when we've played some fine football and there are certainly times where we have won comfortably. Goodness knows where you have been. I'd suggest you look at our scores this season, which have, at times, been remarkably comfortable

Away from home, sure, we've had sticky games and certainly, ugly games.

The lead was slipping away even before the talk of administration. Yes it was a factor but the biggest factor was we bottled it, and in games Ally had no idea how to change things when they weren't going our way. I'll go out on a limb here and say we will not win the top league title in Scotland (whatever league that be called) with Ally in charge

The lead you are talking about, was built by Ally and his tactics. And it started to go downhill when out best player (naismith) got injured, THEN we lost our top goalscorer (jela) in Jauary. Those were 2 of the major reasons we started to let the lead that Ally built slip away. Add to that the talk of administration and it's no wonder we lost some games.

Then even with all that happening, we still went on a bit of a tear at the end of last season and won 15/18 points (iirc).

The cup exits were exactly that, one off cup games that we could have lost with ANY previous Rangers manager at the helm.

The Euro exits were amongst the first games in his managerial career.

I know Ally isn't perfect and still has a lot to learn, but FFS its not all his fault.

I almost didn't buy shares at the thought of Ally getting some of the money ... I cringe at the thought of buying the wrong players and putting them on big contracts and then eventually having to pay them to leave :anguish:

Like Advocatt did, like Walter did, Like Mcleish did.

Not every player will work out. I think Ally has made just as many good signings as he has bad.

You'll understand though if I don't think i'm gonna win you over

I'm not saying we 'excuse' today, i'm merely saying, we understand it. Some people are acting as if we got played off the park today. We didn't perform as we could, not even close. Nobody would deny that. I'm just saying, you can be the best side in the world, it wont stop utterly illogical things like today happen. Chelsea had the same thing at home to QPR. We win that 1-0, its a professional job done, all of a sudden, an inexplicable mistake and the players are unprofessional? Sorry, i find that too much.

Also don't think tactics were the problem today. Players being careless with their final ball was the problem. I think you could have had Sir Alex Ferguson managing us today and he would have thought, 'we'll, look, we are totally dominating, another goal is surely coming' - no need to change it. Slight tactical tweaks might have made the difference, but, then again, they might have made things worse. I don't think there is anything 'glaring' from today's team selection and tactics that tells me Ally made major mistakes today

For me, it was a freak game.

The whole Ally doesn't know what he is doing tactically thing, for me, is irrelevant to todays game and is a fair argument.

Couldn't agree more!

I think there are too many knee jerk reactions after a poor result like this. We played them off the park, but they were organised at the back and prevented us from taking our chances (yes we should have been sharper in front of goal). We should give them a lot of credit, they soaked up our attacks and got a lucky goal. Hopefully we will learn more from this result than if we'd won.

Sorry if this post rambled a wee bit!

I guess my problem within this argument here is that while I love watching us play great football, I love winning more. And thats not a criticism of people who want to watch great football. I understand that. I just cannot help but want to win over anything. Just now, in the majority, we are winning, so I can't bring myself to be all that angry with today

Couldn't agree more!

I think there are too many knee jerk reactions after a poor result like this. We played them off the park, but they were organised at the back and prevented us from taking our chances (yes we should have been sharper in front of goal). We should give them a lot of credit, they soaked up our attacks and got a lucky goal. Hopefully we will learn more from this result than if we'd won.

Sorry if this post rambled a wee bit!

Absolutely. While our deliveries should have been a lot better, their backs to the walls defending was excellent. I can only applaud what they did today, while being a bit disappointed in our side

If Rangers mean as much to you as you say then you should not want us to have the wrong man managing the team however good he was as a player ... we are Rangers supporters not Ally McCoist supporters.

So far as telling someone who has been a regular on RM for years to f*** o** perhaps you should stay away yourself until you learn some manners

And I quote, unlike some I support my club, and have my opinions but dont thrust them on others, and as Ally Is part of Rangers I am a supporter of his and will continue . as for your comment on The Reguar, the less said the better, to get into a slagging match just brings me down a few levels.

Indeed they do.

More importantly I like the way you dodged by more serious criticisms of Mr Mccoist but jumped on my hearing abilities.

Less serious, more subjective criticism. You say you haven't seen an improvement but I would say that there has been a pretty clear improvement (both in the performances of our youngsters and our all round play) in the last few months, hence the winning streak we went on.

Anyway, he shtuck by us....he'sh shuper Ally n that. So there.

And I quote, unlike some I support my club, and have my opinions but dont thrust them on others, and as Ally Is part of Rangers I am a supporter of his and will continue . as for your comment on The Reguar, the less said the better, to get into a slagging match just brings me down a few levels.

You couldn't come down any levels you insolent cunt

Games aren't won by wages. Games are won on the park

While our football hasn't been spellbinding, frankly, I disagree entirely with your assessment. I think there are times when we've played some fine football and there are certainly times where we have won comfortably. Goodness knows where you have been. I'd suggest you look at our scores this season, which have, at times, been remarkably comfortable

Away from home, sure, we've had sticky games and certainly, ugly games.

Well we will agree to disagree.

I sit in GF4 on the half way line which means I get to see all of our fantastic football.

Im not Ally hater in fact I hope he succeeds but from a footballing point of view we have been poor in my opinion in most games.

The lack of creativity in midfield is the real killer with Black playing sideways rather than forward and our inability to play with pace being a huge issue particularly

against weaker opposition. Ally's use of Jig or a lone striker means the ball is regularly hoofed up with no support for the knock down.

The Queens park game proves my point. The ball was played up to jig who was surrounded by 2/3 players, as a result the attack broke down.

Games are not won by wages but when you have a team of so called SPL players and Internationals against part timers the result should be 9/10 a foregone conclusion.

Again thats not being arrogant its being realistic.