Playing formation

611192_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Sebastian Faure / Chris Hegarty

Ian Black

Fraser Aird

Robbie Crawford / Kal Naismith

Lee McCulloch / Andrew Little

That would be my team. I'd have Little up with Jig on the bench because although he has scored quite a lot he's too slow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if his injury has 'cleared' and he is match fit then explain how he wasn't fit for Annan on wednesday? So if sheils had started inplace of Little then who plays wide right? McLeod, Black or Hutton?

A don't have a clue why he wasn't there for annan , but I would a had him on up with jigg ... And you didn't mention Barrie McKay a would have him on the right with temps on the left and McLeod and black in center .

A don't have a clue why he wasn't there for annan , but I would a had him on up with jigg ... And you didn't mention Barrie McKay a would have him on the right with temps on the left and McLeod and black in center .

Because he wasn't fit. He wasn't fit to start today either.

Mate there's a big diffrance that's Barcelona , if we had players like that then coisty could play 1 up front all he wants .

Theres no difference. Tactics are tactics whichever way you want to dress it up. Many clubs use either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 system. Very, very few outwith Britain even play 4-4-2 now. Its outdated and fairly basic. It also puts much more emphasis on your centre midfielders being the box to box variety. The newer systems allow teams to have a distinct attacking and defensive side to their play. The 4-2 are responsible for the defensive part of play whilst the midfield sitters have a responsibility to start attacks, whilst the attacking players have much reduced defensive responsibilities.

Why? he hasn't been all that great.

MacLeod has been our most consistent performer this season and it was noticeable today how much he helped dictate our tempo early on. He did look tired as the game wore on (still feeling a bit rough?) but when he went off I thought we noticeably lost a bit if attacking momentum.

Theres no difference. Tactics are tactics whichever way you want to dress it up. Many clubs use either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 system. Very, very few outwith Britain even play 4-4-2 now. Its outdated and fairly basic. It also puts much more emphasis on your centre midfielders being the box to box variety. The newer systems allow teams to have a distinct attacking and defensive side to their play. The 4-2 are responsible for the defensive part of play whilst the midfield sitters have a responsibility to start attacks, whilst the attacking players have much reduced defensive responsibilities.

Try tell ally that !

MacLeod has been our most consistent performer this season and it was noticeable today how much he helped dictate our tempo early on. He did look tired as the game wore on (still feeling a bit rough?) but when he went off I thought we noticeably lost a bit if attacking momentum.

This is my point about McLeod. If he sits where Black/Hutton are then he is lost. He has been fantastic this season and has been the one player for me thats really stood out. Once he fills out a wee bit more then he might be better in the sitting role but just now he is a more attacking player.

Try tell ally that !

Having sat and watched the game there is no need. The players carried out their positional instructions pretty well. The only thing that let us down was poor decision making in the final 1/3. That will come with experience for the younger boys.

Dear Ally

Please please please play two men up front in division 3, especially when we are playing against ten men! Don't know how many times today we beat our player out wide got a chance to cross and there was only McCulloch in the box to hit against 3 or 4 elgin defenders. Templeton and Mckay on the wing with two central midfield players (MacLeod plus one other, probably Hutton). And play Little through the middle with McCulloch. Also the likes of Sandaza and Naismith to pick from. The formation today was like we were playing a spl side and it stayed the same when they went down to ten men. Thought eventually Little was going to play up front with McCulloch but then he moved him back into midfield ffs.

On the plus side today Wallace and Templeton on the left look really good and McKay looked dangerous when he came on.

Ps don't know if anyone has noticed this but at set pieces we generally get everyone back or leave one up at most and we seem to overload the front post. Don't know how many times today they had a set piece and they had a player free at the back post despite us having about double the number of players in the box, luckily their crossing was pretty poor but I've noticed that in quite a few games.