No promotion - no reconstruction

govanmob

Don't understand the rage over this - honestly. We're going from the 4th tier to the 3rd tier so no harm done.

Not really. We're going from the lowest tier in the SFL to.....oh hang on a mo, the lowest tier in the SFL. It's only the numbering of the tiers that will change not the names of them. So effectively we don't get promoted, which, as I understand it, contravenes the constitution of the existing league set up.

So we remain in the lowest tier to play all the same clubs we have done this season with the addition of a few other teams from the bottom of the second division.

In the same vein then, how will the teams that finish above the relegation spots in the second division who still appear to get demoted to the bottom 18 feel about that? Maybe that's where a few dissenting votes come in to play.

This set up was tried in Austria and Switzerland and failed and subsequently ditched. Why would it succeed here in Scotland? What differences are there?

I still reckon that the whole thing stinks of lies, deceit, underhandedness and corruption on the parts of the SFA and SPL and David Longmuir has been made a few promises to get him to agree to the conditions of restructuring.

It's still all about us, the TV rights and the illicit capture of our money and keeping the biggest and best team in the country at the bottom of Scottish Football. We will not surrender, especially in the face of this adversity, but I do really think we will continue be raped and pillaged until our return to top flight football. That is if "they" allow it, or I should say, if they run out of excuses and reasons to keep us down. Then and only then will we return to a position of strength but we will have to be conscious of the fact that these perpetrators of "sporting integrity" will always be our enemies and that we should guard our walls diligently.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"85. RESTRICTION ON DISSOLUTION

It shall not be competent to resolve to wind up the League with the purpose or effect of then re-forming a National Association Football League within three years of the date of the resolution to wind up which shall exclude any club formerly in membership of the League or which shall exclude a club formerly in membership of the League from being promoted to a higher division of such League where it had a legitimate expectation of such promotion when a member of the League, unless such club shall consent in writing to such exclusion; and in the event of such a resolution being passed and such circumstances arising within the said three year period such resolution shall be null and void and treated as such ab initio."

Interesting...

unless they have a vote on it. Anything can change at a vote.

Not really. We're going from the lowest tier in the SFL to.....oh hang on a mo, the lowest tier in the SFL. It's only the numbering of the tiers that will change not the names of them. So effectively we don't get promoted, which, as I understand it, contravenes the constitution of the existing league set up.

So we remain in the lowest tier to play all the same clubs we have done this season with the addition of a few other teams from the bottom of the second division.

In the same vein then, how will the teams that finish above the relegation spots in the second division who still appear to get demoted to the bottom 18 feel about that? Maybe that's where a few dissenting votes come in to play.

This set up was tried in Austria and Switzerland and failed and subsequently ditched. Why would it succeed here in Scotland? What differences are there?

I still reckon that the whole thing stinks of lies, deceit, underhandedness and corruption on the parts of the SFA and SPL and David Longmuir has been made a few promises to get him to agree to the conditions of restructuring.

It's still all about us, the TV rights and the illicit capture of our money and keeping the biggest and best team in the country at the bottom of Scottish Football. We will not surrender, especially in the face of this adversity, but I do really think we will continue be raped and pillaged until our return to top flight football. That is if "they" allow it, or I should say, if they run out of excuses and reasons to keep us down. Then and only then will we return to a position of strength but we will have to be conscious of the fact that these perpetrators of "sporting integrity" will always be our enemies and that we should guard our walls diligently.

I'm inclined to agree with regarding how pointless the reconstruction is - it doesn't change the flaws in our country's football. However, that was not the point of the topic - its focus was on the lack of promotion. As I said in my earlier post I can't see grounds to complain. Irrespective of whether the proposal is put into play or not, at the start of next season we will be two promotions away from the top tier - we don't lose out.

Maybe I'm not getting it right, but seems to me that, right now, we're in the 4th tier, under this new proposal, we'd be in the 3rd tier. Isn't that where we'd be without reconstruction anyway ?

We'd play the teams less times and as now, in 3 years time we'll be back on top where we belong

Am I missing something that has everyone raging?

Yes mate you are.

Live in that we world if it makes you happy but our club is being shafted and its time everyone realised that.

Its been mentioned on here by many out Tv rights will go if this deal is rushed through.That i feel is the crux of the matter for many bears.It just seems the media are falling over themselves and suggesting this is the way forward now since its now got Liewells seal of approval

Maybe I'm not getting it right, but seems to me that, right now, we're in the 4th tier, under this new proposal, we'd be in the 3rd tier. Isn't that where we'd be without reconstruction anyway ?

We'd play the teams less times and as now, in 3 years time we'll be back on top where we belong

Yes, we will STILL be in the BOTTOM tier of Scottish football.

we will be promoted from the bottom tier, to the bottom tier.

Why do we expect to go from anything but 4th to 3rd? Reconstruction doesn't change anything other than the clubs we would play...

Why should every other team in the league ( that didn't win promotion) be entitled to go from the 4th to the 3rd with us?

What the fuck did they win?

THIS!!!

CG said it is pointless if the reconstruction goes ahead in time for next season. He wasn't wrong

...Why the rush?..why next season?..why not have a proper consultation period?..surely they should not be making decisions like this mid season...unless!!!

Yes, we will STILL be in the BOTTOM tier of Scottish football.

we will be promoted from the bottom tier, to the bottom tier.

Good point gogzy but i think your wasting your time on the obsessed one and his equally obsessed mate marco.

Good point gogzy but i think your wasting your time on the obsessed one and his equally obsessed mate marco.

In what way is it a good point? We're being promoted from the 4th tier to the 3rd (which just so happens to be the bottom tier under the new proposals). You have the same mentality as our neighbours; complain about everything. All it does is weaken the validity of any genuine complaints we may have, of which there are many.

In what way is it a good point? We're being promoted from the 4th tier to the 3rd (which just so happens to be the bottom tier under the new proposals). You have the same mentality as our neighbours; complain about everything. All it does is weaken the validity of any genuine complaints we may have, of which there are many.

We are not being "promoted" if every other team in our current league is going to be right there beside us next season.

Let's recap. We currently play in the 4th tier of Scotland. As such it requires us to play a minimum of 3 campaigns before we can reach the top tier. Under the new proposals we would be moved into the 3rd tier of Scotland and would be required to play 2 campaigns to reach the top tier (identical to if we are promoted this season).

Simple. Some folks are far to quick to follow the drivel on the back pages of the tabloids.

Tbh, the main point of my original post was we are not being promoted, our existing league is being wound up and we will join a new one with three tiers.

And don't forget, if reconstruction does take place next season, we will be demoted to the fourth tier after 22 games even if we win all of them.

We win this league... we win The Title, simplz.

As for league reconstruction, Nothing has been decided yet so we are no worse off as of now.

If we get the reconstruction that is annoying everybody.... I don't think there is any way to do anything apart from getting on with it with our new Title under our belts and another First for the Club.

We then win that division and we're only one step from returning to put 'them' back into their second-place berth.

Reconstruction actually puts us one step closer to the top league, whatever it will be called ?

Lets be clear - its only about getting replacement new structure - any new structure - not the best or even the near best and not the product of transparent consideration of options and convincing argument for the recommendation - any structure will do - and make it as elegant looking as possible to confuse the punters and to make it appear to prospective sponsors that the elegance (sorry really mean crass complexity) are the product of deep and serious thinking. Because they need league sponsors after May and they will need TV revenues when the current deals end in the next year or so. And they need time to go and get the sponsors / TV companies and do the deals. So lets not be kidded here - this is a headlong rush by football lemmings to try to save their collective financial bacon. And any promotion 'won' this year is rendered meaningless. That is just absurd.

We wouldn't be promoted to the third tier though, as we should. We'd simply stay in an expanded lower tier which is a load of horse shit really.

Let's recap. We currently play in the 4th tier of Scotland. As such it requires us to play a minimum of 3 campaigns before we can reach the top tier. Under the new proposals we would be moved into the 3rd tier of Scotland and would be required to play 2 campaigns to reach the top tier (identical to if we are promoted this season).

Simple. Some folks are far to quick to follow the drivel on the back pages of the tabloids.

Do you honestly believe that is all that matters or is at stake in all this?

29xte7t.jpg