CG - We could apply to the conference

YorkshireBear

Green also claimed that Rangers could apply to join the English Conference set-up before attempting to rise up the leagues.

And he insisted he would do so with the blessing of the club's supporters.

"I could join the Conference and I would be in a higher league than I'm in. It doesn't matter to me (which league Rangers are in)," he added.

"I can tell you this, if the only option is to go into England and start at the lowest level, I believe Rangers fans would support that.

"Nobody can question Rangers fans once they see the attendances. I got figures through yesterday and it's only Man United, Arsenal and Newcastle (that have) higher average attendances than Rangers."

Green also insisted that if Rangers were denied entry south of the border, Premiership side Swansea and npower Championship side Cardiff should then be booted out of England.

He said: "People say you are not allowed in the English league - well let's then kick Cardiff and Swansea out, because they are playing in a different country.

"People are saying Wales is fine but Scotland is not. We cannot have a situation where one of the Union is annexed by the football bodies but Wales can join. It's rubbish."

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan has suggested the proposed new league structure could lead to a brighter future for the Scottish game, but Green insists the wishes of supporters across the country have been misread.

Green, whose club were not consulted on the proposals as they do not yet posses full membership of the SFA, said: "This is not just Rangers fans, but every fan in Scotland is against this proposal, by 90 per cent I'm told.

"Clearly no-one is listening to the fans. Let's put a paper in Hampden and see how many fans sign up to it.

"I don't think there will be very many."

It would only be NI, Welsh and Scottish teams.

Why do you think the english fa would be so against rangers(or the taigs) for that matter joining? genuine question. I can see why clubs wouldn't want it as they know how strong we would become, but surely the FA look at it and see a huge club, millions+ more viewers to the epl, i can't see why they wouldn't want it. More people around the world would want to watch rangers at ibrox in the prem league than the majority already in that league. Only thing i see is Fifa blocking it time and again and the sfa blocking it time and again, but if we resign.. and if they don't want the sectarian element in england, it wouldnt be as we are applying as a stand alone club

Why do you think the english fa would be so against rangers(or the taigs) for that matter joining?

Because they have given no indication that we would be welcomed.

Murray was at it for years and each time got laughed away, they don't need us...we need them.

Until that changes then why would they shake up their leagues and unsettle a number of teams to do us a favour?

Because they have given no indication that we would be welcomed.

Murray was at it for years and each time got laughed away, they don't need us...we need them.

Until that changes then why would they shake up their leagues and unsettle a number of teams to do us a favour?

I can see it from that point of view but when we are regarding starting at the very bottom i don't see why not, tiny clubs all over the country are always trying to gain fa membership, was there not a few trying to take up our 3rd division spot at the start of the season here. I just think a choice between rangers and a local village team there would only be one winner.

I can see it from that point of view but when we are regarding starting at the very bottom i don't see why not, tiny clubs all over the country are always trying to gain fa membership, was there not a few trying to take up our 3rd division spot at the start of the season here. I just think a choice between rangers and a local village team there would only be one winner.

They know how big we are but will also be looking at the bigger picture as many of the bigger clubs down south will be.

Rangers or indeed Celt*c are huge clubs, bigger than 90% of the EPL teams and that will worry clubs if we had to move down south.

Eventually you would think 2 English teams would have to make way for 2 Scottish powerhouses and that does not sit very well with the chairmen in England.

It sounds great to us and no wonder because it would be an incredible journey which would have untold benefits if we progressed as a club of this size should but people down south dont want us.

We have everything to gain while they have much to lose.

Yeh, but the only reason clubs were applying to div 3 this season was because there was a space (due to Rangers being kicked out of the SPL). There's not usually a space to apply for in Scotland. And there isn't usually a space to apply for in England,