We Are Up Against Vile Fantasists

Rangers Lady

I didn't contact them via twitter, there was e-mails & phone calls, so I'm 19 and a bird, I have a decent grasp of the BBC bias, the unbridled scum that get a voice on the BBC weekly, Tommy etc.

Whats wrong with me getting an angle as a bird to voice my support ??

It's the camera angles that undermine you as they play right into the sexist attitudes you mention. Give that up, write a good blog, get enough support and the angle is yours :thumbup:

I admire the spirit and can't think of any females who do this, so best of luck :beer1:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the camera angles that undermine you as they play right into the sexist attitudes you mention. Give that up, write a good blog, get enough support and the angle is yours :thumbup:

I admire the spirit and can't think of any females who do this, so best of luck :beer1:

It's taken 125 posts for somebody to come out with something sensible :D

Well done Bear78 :thumbup:

The fact that some are laying into this girl is nothing short of a disgrace. Regardless of what you think, she is a good Bear and doing her best to fight our corner. Are most of you jealous you did not think of trying to put some effort into defending our club? I'm backing The Godfather now. Govanblue can fuck right off.

The fact that some are laying into this girl is nothing short of a disgrace. Regardless of what you think, she is a good Bear and doing her best to fight our corner. Are most of you jealous you did not think of trying to put some effort into defending our club?

I can only speak for myself, and I hope Bogtrotters has taken it on board that this is not a personal attack. The bottom line for me, and call me old fashioned, chauvanistic, misogynistic or whatever, but I am just not comfortable at the thought of a 19 year old lass fighting our corner, on a station we already know to be biased in the extreme. If they were prepared to let her on, I fear it would have been to round on her in a more patronising way than I ever could.

I can only speak for myself, and I hope Bogtrotters has taken it on board that this is not a personal attack. The bottom line for me, and call me old fashioned, chauvanistic, misogynistic or whatever, but I am just not comfortable at the thought of a 19 year old lass fighting our corner, on a station we already know to be biased in the extreme. If they were prepared to let her on, I fear it would have been to round on her in a more patronising way than I ever could.

No problem, though at times she has posted more intelligently than some of those in this thread. (tu)

I didn't contact them via twitter, there was e-mails & phone calls, so I'm 19 and a bird, I have a decent grasp of the BBC bias, the unbridled scum that get a voice on the BBC weekly, Tommy etc.

Whats wrong with me getting an angle as a bird to voice my support ??

Good on you hen.

No problem, though at times she has posted more intelligently than some of those in this thread. (tu)

WVB's opinion sums mine up quite eloquently too.

I also have an issue with anyone purporting to speak for the fans, without asking the fans first. But she wouldn't be the only one doing that.

I also have an issue with anyone purporting to speak for the fans, without asking the fans first. But she wouldn't be the only one doing that.

Why? What is wrong with a fellow fan standing up for us on their own? It's her decision so let her get on with it.

Her intelligence is not in doubt. But with age comes experience, and she was talking about being on air with a pair of experienced Rangers hating liars, and it would be them who had control of the microphones, the questions, the editing. etc.

They are cowards who will hand pick their victims. If they were happy to have her on, they would have had an ulterior motive. Its the BBC.

I'd use a few words to describe you, but not any with those many letters.

:D

You may remember a similar thread we were both involved in when I was questioning people 'speaking for fans' which you didn't seem to have an issue with, or at least remained indifferent towards. Something you could not restrain yourself from doing in this thread.

And I didn't notice anyone reporting they are 'speaking for the fans' in this example either. Just someone who shared a story ? Are you beginning to understand my confusion ?