Meeting Wed with Charles Green stadium renaming

bluesbro1976

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people seem to think that we are now completely minted and can afford to knock back money.

We lost £20-30 million pounds worth of talent when the likes of Davis, McGregor, and Naismith walked away.

Its going to take a lot of money to get Rangers back to where they belong.

Some people seem to think that we are now completely minted and can afford to knock back money.

We lost £20-30 million pounds worth of talent when the likes of Davis, McGregor, and Naismith walked away.

Indeed.

Then you have to remember we have to displace the current leaders who have made £20 million this season and more if they sell players or progress in the CL.

We WILL use methods such as this to make money and we really do have to.

Of course, but you get some who claim they won't be back etc. Probably all hot air.

Maybe they're just trying to come across clever...

" I said I wouldn't be back to Ibrox Stadium if we sold the naming rights.......... I never said I wouldn't be back to the Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium"

Uber fan alert! "I love rangers so someone should pay millions!!" No one has mentioned changing the club name so lets not make things up to make your argument seem likely in anyway!! start with the facts, its a money business and if someone is willing to pay to stick thier company name in front of Ibrox they thats fine, not as if we're going to be standing down the the pub saying "are you going to the sports direct Ibrox stadium to see the rangers this week?"

Small minded people never get the bigger picture, It will happen watch this space, live in the now, head out the clouds time wee man! there is alot more people than CG at Ibrox whos wage this would pay!!

You 'rubbish' the point I made, then go make the exact same point yourself! Why not just sell our club name then? It's not as if we're going to be standing down the pub saying "are you going to the Sports Direct Rangers game tonight?", are we? So what's the difference? Shall we see if we can raffle that off too then?

I like to think we're an old fashioned club with certain traditions, values and a proud history, not some sell-out EPL prawn sandwich brigade. It pains me to see that the masses would be willing to have some tacky, shitty sportswear brand tarnishing our beautiful stadium for a meagre £1.5 over 3 years (or £2.5 providing we hit our "targets", whatever they may be).

Yeah, and we also ditched more than that in debt that we would otherwise have been lumbered with.

I'll say it again - the money being talked about here really isn't worth it. How about Charles Green and Brian Stockeridge waive their "promotion bonus" for 3 years. They'll still be pocketing far more than Martin Bain ever earned and it'll net us over £500k a season that we seem to so desperately need.

You 'rubbish' the point I made, then go make the exact same point yourself! Why not just sell our club name then? It's not as if we're going to be standing down the pub saying "are you going to the Sports Direct Rangers game tonight?", are we? So what's the difference? Shall we see if we can raffle that off too then?

I like to think we're an old fashioned club with certain traditions, values and a proud history, not some sell-out EPL prawn sandwich brigade. It pains me to see that the masses would be willing to have some tacky, shitty sportswear brand tarnishing our beautiful stadium for a meagre £1.5 over 3 years (or £2.5 providing we hit our "targets", whatever they may be).

Yeah, and we also ditched more than that in debt that we would otherwise have been lumbered with.

I'll say it again - the money being talked about here really isn't worth it. How about Charles Green and Brian Stockeridge waive their "promotion bonus" for 3 years. They'll still be pocketing far more than Martin Bain ever earned and it'll net us over £500k a season that we seem to so desperately need.

Only on one day, and already you've learned how to multiquote?

You're good ;)

Got an example of this in world football?

And don't say Salzburg since that ain't a sponsorship.

I've worked as a web developer for 6 years, I'd be a little embarassed if I couldn't work it out. ;)

Ah good. You should get on fine then.

I presume you've spent a bit of time as a guest before you signed up, just getting the feel for the place, learning the obvious newbie pitfalls, protocols etc?

It seems like what you are suggesting is that we get back into the debt that we just managed to get rid of.

If we want to bring in players of the same value as the ones who left then we would be back in £20-30 million in debt.

Ah good. You should get on fine then.

I presume you've spent a bit of time as a guest before you signed up, just getting the feel for the place, learning the obvious newbie pitfalls, protocols etc?

Let's just call as spade a spade GB :D

I cant mulit quote yet lol

Anyhow I am not against the idea tbh but I dont want to sell the rights cheap either. I would expect at least 5mil deal if over 3 years nothing less and if hit targets at less 1 mil on top. for 2.5 mil over 3 years I feel is an under sell

Everyone likely thinks their house is worth more than the market actually says it is.

Let's be realistic here. The Club needs to have a transfer pot, it's as simple as that. We need to improve by replacing players with much better players otherwise we won't improve. We also need to pay decent wages or some players won't step down a league or two. There is also no guarantee that the players signed will be a success in which case we will need to sign others. As has been mentioned before, we lost millions of pounds worth of players and have basically started afresh. The only players we could sell at present are our youngsters and we want to retain them. If obtaining a reasonable figure for "naming rights" is available then we have to go down that route. You are taking it too far with the renaming the team, that is being childish in my opinion.

Stockbridge and Green work for the club and deserve a salary. You can't expect them to work for nothing. I haven't seen detail of their salaries but doubt very much if they will total the amount which we used to pay McIntyre and Bain which in the last detailed accounts amounted to approx £800k in that year.

We will hopefully hear more detail tonight regarding the expected income from any stadium naming deal.

Stockbridge and Green work for the club and deserve a salary. You can't expect them to work for nothing. I haven't seen detail of their salaries but doubt very much if they will total the amount which we used to pay McIntyre and Bain which in the last detailed accounts amounted to approx £800k in that year.

Here's the detail mate - from the share prospectus...

2.1.1 Charles Green

Under a Scottish law agreement signed on 17 September 2012 (but effective on 12 June

2012), RFCL employed Charles Green as Chief Executive of RFCL for an annual salary of

£360,000 per annum (plus benefits and expenses including accommodation costs). Mr Green

is also entitled to a non-contractual bonus of 100 per cent. gross salary if the Club wins

promotion from the SFL, an equity stake of 10 per cent. of the enlarged ordinary share capital

of RFCL post-secondary fund raising and or IPO and has a contractual right to receive share

options in the event that the RFCL Group’s shares are listed on any recognised exchange,

with a value equivalent to twice Mr Green’s annual salary. The agreement is terminable by

RFCL either for cause or on 6 month’s notice and by Mr Green on 3 months’ notice.

Following termination, Mr Green is restricted for 9 months from, without consent, directly

or indirectly being employed by any football club in the top division in Scotland as a chief

executive or similar role, soliciting any director/senior employee/player/youth player to leave

RFCL or employing a director/senior employee/player/youth player who was employed

within the 12 months preceding the date of termination. The contractual right to an option

over 10 per cent. of the enlarged ordinary share capital of RFCL was exercised by Charles

Green on 31 October 2012 by a partial exercise notice pursuant to which 5,000,000 ordinary

shares of 1p each in RFCL were issued to Charles Green on 31 October 2012. By way of a

letter dated 7 December 2012, Charles Green agreed that such partial option exercise notice

shall represent exercise in full of the option and that the option shall have no further effect.

2.1.2 Brian Stockbridge

Under a Scottish law agreement signed on 17 September 2012 (but effective from

1 September 2012), RFCL employed Brian Stockbridge as Finance Director of RFCL for a

salary of £200,000 per annum (plus benefits and expenses). Mr Stockbridge is also entitled

to a non-contractual bonus of 100 per cent. gross salary if the Club wins promotion from the

SFL, share options, in the event that the Group’s shares are listed on any recognised

exchange, with a value equivalent to two and a half times Mr Stockbridge’s annual salary.

The agreement is terminable by RFCL either for causes or on 6 month’s notice and by

Mr Stockbridge on 3 month’s notice. Following termination, Mr Stockbridge is restricted

for 9 months from, without consent, directly or indirectly being employed by any football

club in the top division in Scotland as a chief executive or similar role, soliciting any

director/senior employee/player/youth player to leave RFCL or employing a director/senior

employee/player/youth player who was employed within the 12 months preceding the date

of termination.

GB

Thanks.

What a halfwit, must be my age!! <cr> I read that at the time. However I must have thought it acceptable bearing in mind the previous incumbents salaries.

So far they've been worth every penny in my book. (tu)

There's tonnes of useful info in that share prospectus - even Ally's salary is listed - it just takes ages trying to find the relevant nugget :D