Warning to SFL. Declaration I will recover all money lost in small claims court

Eaglesham Bear

Copied from Govan Blues post can we have this pinned. As we are aware the SFL are meeting later this week to discuss reconstruction. Please post declarations below to warn them of the consequences.

If this does happen, I will be suing the SFL through the small claims court. I will be claiming for all ticket costs (home and away) all petrol costs, match programmes, pies and anything else I can think of up to a limit of £3000, based on the presumption that I was financially supporting my club in order to gain promotion, as set out by the SFL at the beginning of the season.

This is very easy to do - you don't even need a solicitor.

http://www.advicegui...im_scotland.htm

Imagine if 50,000 of us did it.

I declare that if reconstruction goes ahead this season I will be suing the SFL through the small claims courts.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted on another thread that we the fans should put the wheels in motion but maybe a joint would be best....unsure the most effective approach.

I will nail my colours to the post on this one now and say I am well up for posting a claim for my accumulated losses.3 season tickets, travel costs, leisure time, food etc.

As a support we need to send a message.

I posted on another thread that we the fans should put the wheels in motion but maybe a joint would be best....unsure the most effective approach.

I will nail my colours to the post on this one now and say I am well up for posting a claim for my accumulated losses.3 season tickets, travel costs, leisure time, food etc.

I would be happy to go along with any class action type approach, but that involves lawyers, planning, time etc.

I would recommend a class action as a good approach for season ticket holders (I'm not)

But there's nothing to stop any individual raising their own independent small claim the moment reconstruction goes through.

And as I said, if one claimant wins, then the floodgates cannot be closed.

I picked that up from the other post which is where I copied Govan Blues post. I was hoping to get it pinned and others to nail their colours to the mast by declaring their intention to recover any money lost through the courts before their meeting later this week to decide on reconstruction.

If any league reconstruction occurs at the start of next season which renders any promotion or other prizes won by my club as null and void, in contravention of the terms and conditions as outlined at the beginning of the season, I declare that I will seek compensation through the Small Claims Courts for all ticket and travel costs incurred by me whilst supporting my team throughout this league competition.

A class action would not be a small claim. It would be an ordinary action and require a lawyer.

I think my post demonstrates that I am well aware of the difference between a class action (on behalf of all season ticket holders, and ticket purchasers) and a small claim (raised by me without a lawyer)

What are you saying would be an ordinary claim and require a lawyer?

I thought, under Scots Law, anyone can represent themselves in court no matter what the case or circumstances.

I'm not sure what BNB is saying, or why.

Bottom line is: You as an individual can raise a small claim with no requirement for a solicitor.

A class action is a much more complex topic, and not what we are trying to discuss here.

from the other thread...

It's advertised that the winners of the league will be promoted

SFL could be prosecuted under trading standards legislation

Trading Standards in West Lothian are excellent .

My Wife used them to fight an incorrect mobile phone Bill from Orange they got every Penny of it back.

Highly recomend them.

Brilliant service.

I'm not sure what BNB is saying, or why.

Bottom line is: You as an individual can raise a small claim with no requirement for a solicitor.

A class action is a much more complex topic, and not what we are trying to discuss here.

Always thought a class action was an American thing anyway.

Small claims was designed for people to do it themselves, all the forms are on the Scottish Courts website.

Ordinary Cause actions to give them their proper name are for amounts of over £5,000 and are commenced by an initial writ, which is set out in a certain form and usually people get lawyers to do it cause of the more complicated procedure involved.

For completness, for sums between £3,000 and £5,000 you use the Summary cause procedure and some folks do it themselves while others get a lawyer.

I used to do debt recovery (i hated it. Criminal law is more honest and less soul destroying.)