Peter Odemwingie

Muirheadbear

Think its being made out to be worse than it actually is to be fair. Lad thought he was getting a big move and got a bit eager. Hardly the crime of the century. As usual the media turning it into something much more

I'd be furious, in all honesty. I mean, he's done well for West Brom and he plays most weeks, so the only reason he wants to move to the bottom club in the EPL is £££. It'd be like Andy Little deciding to move and trying to force a move to Dundee or Ross County.

I'd want to burn him at the stake.

I'd be furious, in all honesty. I mean, he's done well for West Brom and he plays most weeks, so the only reason he wants to move to the bottom club in the EPL is £££.

So for the same reason that most folk change their employer you mean ??? :000000082:

I take your point, but it's different in football. IMO.

For the fan you mean... I get that.

When young I always thought that real players stayed with their ... as in THEIR Club through thick and thin, no matter the wage as most were so well paid compared to the ordinary joe blogs of this world however not in this day and age, long gone are the days of the hero methinks ?

Money talks more than ever these days..... very very ordinary players down south are now being paid the type of wage that heroes of not soooo long ago were being paid...... sad tbh. :(

I'd be furious, in all honesty. I mean, he's done well for West Brom and he plays most weeks, so the only reason he wants to move to the bottom club in the EPL is £££. It'd be like Andy Little deciding to move and trying to force a move to Dundee or Ross County.

I'd want to burn him at the stake.

I see what your saying, but another way to look at it is to look at what QPR are trying to do. They are a money team who just haven't hit their stride yet (not saying they ever will, dont care tbh).

Can sort of understand him wanting to be part of that

I see what your saying, but another way to look at it is to look at what QPR are trying to do. They are a money team who just haven't hit their stride yet (not saying they ever will, dont care tbh).

Can sort of understand him wanting to be part of that

I can see what you're saying about buying into a project.

I think, though, that the project at West Brom is far more attractive, personally. QPR are a money team but they don't half waste it on dross. They've hardly purchased exciting players that you'd look to build for the future on, IMO.

Of course that's my opinion and he obviously thinks the exact opposite! :lol:

For the fan you mean... I get that.

When young I always thought that real players stayed with their ... as in THEIR Club through thick and thin, no matter the wage as most were so well paid compared to the ordinary joe blogs of this world however not in this day and age, long gone are the days of the hero methinks ?

Money talks more than ever these days..... very very ordinary players down south are now being paid the type of wage that heroes of not soooo long ago were being paid...... sad tbh. :(

It is sad indictment of how football is these days. I think that's the worst of it, I don't give much of a fuck about Odemwingie, West Brom or QPR but the whole saga seemed ridiculous from the outset. Playing week in week out for a club chasing a Europa League spot, on decent money, yet desperate to swap to the leagues bottom club.

In all fairness Harry Redknapp did say that QPR had been negotiating the deal for roughly 3 weeks and the deal looked done with only a few minor details to sort out. Harry also said that a lot of the time, especially on deadline day players will be advised to go to the stadium of the team they are likely to transfer to to iron out all the details and that it was just unfortunate that Peter had been spotted and the media had made a big deal out of it.

Apparantly it's quite a common thing for players to be at stadiums on deadline day ironing out contracts for the deal to fall apart. Feel pretty bad for the lad.

Mix up or not i think hes getting chucked in the reserves when he gets back to training. Totaly OT and dont slag me for bringing a taig into it but i see that shitebag di canio is thinking about quitting Swindon because they NEARLY went into admin and had to cancel the signing of a couple of players and sell one. Thank god we have a man who has balls in charge in Super Ally the last 18 months, not a mercenary who would run at the first sign of trouble like that cunt.