After Reading This.....JT Opinion piece , Can we...............

Edmiston Drive

After reading this article JT Opinion piece,,,,,,,,can we on RM to start with ignore an Newspaper articles or comments on Radio or TV.

We know the people he means on the article in the official site and it does give them credence, that quite frankly keeps them in the limelight...................

We know who they are................I for one have not purchased th record or the sunday mail fo nearly 2 years now and admit I did look the odd time online......nit now and gave up on radio rome years ago and also radio immigrant............we have for the first time read what someone in the business thinks about the best way to hurt them and hurt them good.......if we could for once all act as Rangers fans first and last and make a difference.......the first to feel it will be the editors and sub editors who can dictate the style of an interview ten thos bastards that make a name for themselves by antagonising us , knowing full well complaints and ranting online about them serves to keep their name in the limelight and no doubt in a job.

I know it's nearly impossible to get together as seen over the last year.............but once again someone on the know has pointed this out and think of what could be achieved if we followed his advice.................

So what do you say, shall we start on here and ignore the tosspots.............please none of the no-one will tell me what paper to buy or what radio or tv programme to watch, it's not a case of telling more asking to form a united front to hit those cunts , hard and in the pocket.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm same as you mate. Couldn't tell you the last time I bought a paper.

Good luck with unitted front. If this past year has shown anything it is the many fractures in our support. Turning out in numbers and putting our hands in our pockets isn't a problem. It's the things like boycotts or which supporters group to back that seems to be the trouble.

Guest Andypendek

These calls will only work when an alternative platform is in place to satisfy Rangers fans who need updates daily about their club.

And even at that, only if those platforms (online, TV or radio) are willing to ask awkward questions and is more than just a mouthpiece.

We the fans can't actually do it by ourselves.

I don't buy the papers or give their sites any hits but, we can NOT just ignore the hatred coming from them.

I get my info on Rangers forums and the occasional look on other fans forums, and listening to RC radio or the bbc online.

Vigilance should NEVER be neglected.

I stopped being the Record and Sunday Mail years ago for various reasons. I get the majority of my new Rangers news from here to be honest. I don't need to read it at 7 in the morning on the way to work and even if that was a need I had the sad truth is that most of what I was reading would be bollocks anyway. Why would I pay for that?

These calls will only work when an alternative platform is in place to satisfy Rangers fans who need updates daily about their club.

And even at that, only if those platforms (online, TV or radio) are willing to ask awkward questions and is more than just a mouthpiece.

We the fans can't actually do it by ourselves.

Reading Traynors comments and acknowledging his background in their industry , he seems to think it would create problems .what he is alleging is that certain people have positions that they use to put across a viewpoint to suit their ends.............and if a financial hit was made on these papers, then these are the cretins that would be tossed aside.

I don't buy the papers or give their sites any hits but, we can NOT just ignore the hatred coming from them.

I get my info on Rangers forums and the occasional look on other fans forums, and listening to RC radio or the bbc online.

Vigilance should NEVER be neglected.

As Traynor said, all that does is encourage repeat offenders. These professional Rangers haters thrive on the attention we give them.

After reading this article JT Opinion piece,,,,,,,,can we on RM to start with ignore an Newspaper articles or comments on Radio or TV.

We know the people he means on the article in the official site and it does give them credence, that quite frankly keeps them in the limelight...................

We know who they are................I for one have not purchased th record or the sunday mail fo nearly 2 years now and admit I did look the odd time online......nit now and gave up on radio rome years ago and also radio immigrant............we have for the first time read what someone in the business thinks about the best way to hurt them and hurt them good.......if we could for once all act as Rangers fans first and last and make a difference.......the first to feel it will be the editors and sub editors who can dictate the style of an interview ten thos bastards that make a name for themselves by antagonising us , knowing full well complaints and ranting online about them serves to keep their name in the limelight and no doubt in a job.

I know it's nearly impossible to get together as seen over the last year.............but once again someone on the know has pointed this out and think of what could be achieved if we followed his advice.................

So what do you say, shall we start on here and ignore the tosspots.............please none of the no-one will tell me what paper to buy or what radio or tv programme to watch, it's not a case of telling more asking to form a united front to hit those cunts , hard and in the pocket.

Ed i said i worked in the rebel building last week and what i was told was an eye opener for me .The guy who Im obviously not going to mention on here incase of lurkers told me the Rebel, Sunday Liam is 75% /25 rodents and the sports dept is 95% scum lovers.The most bigoted being Craig Swan being the worst which was good to know.

I would love this statement to be the catalyst for ALL Rangers fans to unify in this matter at very least.

Ban talking and mentioning no mark bloggers and start having more trust in our club .The biased media is creating more division amongst our support and too many are buying into the shit written.

Try very hard NOT to buy any of the papers esp tabloids .Scan or skim the headlines but DO NOT purchase.

Like Jim says it will hurt the offending newspapers .

Every bit of news we require can be found on here and from our club site

Have not bought a paper for over a year now,any info i need i have straight here on my Samsung Note phone.Rangers media does me fine on any news about my club.Journos just write and talk shite in the main,and hhe most annoying thing is what gives them the right to talk about (football and Rangers )something they have n

ED, I'm with you on this. I stopped buying papers years ago. I used to get the old Glasgow Herald or the old Scottish Daily Express. They were decent papers which gave you facts and you formed your own opinion. The Herald has long since lost me as a reader with biased reporting on sport and politics. Now the red tops and one in particular, print utter rubbish and promote it as fact. "A source told us" or "we understand that" is in the papers almost daily. Not a shred of evidence to back it up. I complained to BBC Scotland about their biased coverage of all things RFC and Ken MacQuarrie actually cited headline from the DR as one of their points of evidence. Honestly, if the DR says it, it must be true!!!!

As for the BBC in Scotland, I switch it over. I'm fortunate to have Virgin cable so I can watch the "British" BBC without the parochial nonsense. Same for STV/ITV although STV have been far less anti-Rangers than BBC Scotland. Channel 4, I never watch it. It's only recently I found out anything about Thomson including that he exists.

I haven't listened to Radio C**** since wee Sanderson left along with Richard Park. BBC Radio Scotland is another station I totally ignore. I usually tune in to one of the mainstream stations from down south. Far better balance and more professional.

Frankly, I don't miss any of these media outlets. I get all the information I require from mainstream UK sources plus RFC web site and our own forums.

As Traynor said, all that does is encourage repeat offenders. These professional Rangers haters thrive on the attention we give them.

Yea, I know, but I'm torn between ignoring them and facing up to them.

Retribution and future protection is VERY HIGH in the thoughts of many fans.

How do we challenge their bile if we just ignore it?

Have not bought a paper for over a year now,any info i need i have straight here on my Samsung Note phone.Rangers media does me fine on any news about my club.Journos just write and talk shite in the main,and hhe most annoying thing is what gives them the right to talk about (football and Rangers )something they have n

Edit

no background on to fall back on