Alex Thomson And Rangers-Hating

billmcmurdo

Well that's not strictly true and you know that. And I know you know that because you were reading the same thread as me on here where Badger attests to having seen it used previously on social networks.

Christ I only read a couple of pages of that after posting, 'Social Networks' eh? Ok, it went unheard for 40 years and then social networks exposed it and one guy in 30 pages knew of it on here....right. All the comments I just read there indicated no cunt had ever heard it before Bill latched on to Thomson.

Love your threads big chap but I'm gonna have to pass on this one, I'd only ever heard about it from Rangers fans last year. Naturally we got a roasting for it afterwards from Declan, but only cause we created it. If people are sick enough to think that en masse the Dhims laugh about the disaster, they are very much mistaken - its only a few headtickets and unfortunately every club has some of those.

Some of the points Dude has been raising and some responses he received a few weeks ago proved that much. I like on RM how you can voice an opinion and have a decent chat now and again, that's part of what Rangers is all about to me - many different opinions and many different beliefs equals interesting debate.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ I only read a couple of pages of that after posting, 'Social Networks' eh? Ok, it went unheard for 40 years and then social networks exposed it and one guy in 30 pages knew of it on here....right. All the comments I just read there indicated no cunt had ever heard it before Bill latched on to Thomson.

Love your threads big chap but I'm gonna have to pass on this one, I'd only ever heard about it from Rangers fans last year. Naturally we got a roasting for it afterwards from Declan, but only cause we created it. If people are sick enough to think that en masse the Dhims laugh about the disaster, they are very much mistaken - its only a few headtickets and unfortunately every club has some of those.

Some of the points Dude has been raising and some responses he received a few weeks ago proved that much. I like on RM how you can voice an opinion and have a decent chat now and again, that's part of what Rangers is all about to me - many different opinions and many different beliefs equals interesting debate.

Well in truth I have never heard it either - but its clear some within our support have. But as recent comments have suggested perhaps some of the comments directed at Bill were OTT so dont you think accusing Bill of creating it, when clearly he hasn't, fall into that category ?

Well in truth I have never heard it either - but its clear some within our support have. But as recent comments have suggested perhaps some of the comments directed at Bill were OTT so dont you think accusing Bill of creating it, when clearly he hasn't, fall into that category ?

Worse then as he's peddling another chaps tale, no good will come of repeating what one guy may or may not have said to another guy online - oxygen to the arseholes, the way people pick up on some wee rhat on twitter and jump on it with glee, come on who really gives a fuck?. All I know is that if it was a secret nickname for forty year (as is claimed), they kept it real fucking quiet.

I'm not buying it one bit and I deeply object to the disaster being raised as a point scoring tool, it appalls me more than the idea some fucking idiot and his mate who may or may not have called us it cause there is absolutely nae proof I have seen or heard from before that date last year,and nor will I I'll wager. Best left well alone D'Art but here we have Bill bringing it up.

Some people take point scoring to areas that are sacrosanct and jump on anything with frenzy, to create an issue when it does not exist.

I'm afraid the interview confirms the folly for an amateur blogger taking on a seasoned professional journalist. This was McMurdo's first mistake. His second was then to tell us that Thomson is merely misunderstood and not a hater.

There were times when I found myself screaming at my computer as I listened to that. Especially on the numerous occasions when BMcM meekly agreed with predictable assertions by Thomson. The tone of the dialogue relating to EBT's was that the club was 'guilty'. BMcM did little to highlight the legal basis of tax avoidance Vs the illegal basis of tax evasion. He let Thomson assert that much of his information was coming from sources inside the club with a meek 'oh OK'. No attempt was made to ask what motivated his informants? Were they still at the club? Are they still feeding Thomson information? Is Thomson content that there are no breaches of confidentiality involved? Bill didn't mention Hugh Adam's state of health or press Thomson on the morality and professionalism of that interview. He let Thomson away with his assertion that he has never been threatened by anyone connected with Rangers (good) when we all know he made complaints to the police. There were blatant lies told. I could go on...

It was suggestive of an interview that was not particularly well researched. Thomson's claim that John Greig 'walked away' and his paraphrased use of 'then, now forever', suggest he was taking the mickey. Basically it was a well intentioned amateur out of his depth. McM stuck to his guns and tried to work through what seems to have been a shopping list of questions, but showed little ability to think on his feet. In my opinion the whole episode has been a significant misjudgement.

Just started listening to this but Bill is out his depth, thomson is playing with him.

Bill asks about his comments on Rangers, he then goes on about doing it for the fans..bla,bla,bla

Bill then says "Fair enough", why didn't he ask him why he didn't separate the club from the custodians, owners are custodians no more no less,we all want Murray and Whyte put in the spotlight but all thomsons blogs are comments on Rangers the club.

I realise Bill is not a professional interviewer but he could have made him answer hard questions

Yea bouncy I thought along the same lines as you. AT has questioned some slippery people in his time and knows all the tricks. Someone who is equally skilled needs to interview AT and not let him off the hook or to take over, but it would be more explosive and AT would not take it on as he would know he would be grilled properly.

Worse then as he's peddling another chaps tale, no good will come of repeating what one guy may or may not have said to another guy online - oxygen to the arseholes, the way people pick up on some wee rhat on twitter and jump on it with glee, come on who really gives a fuck?. All I know is that if it was a secret nickname for forty year (as is claimed), they kept it real fucking quiet.

I'm not buying it one bit and I deeply object to the disaster being raised as a point scoring tool, it appalls me more than the idea some fucking idiot and his mate who may or may not have called us it cause there is absolutely nae proof I have seen or heard from before that date last year,and nor will I I'll wager. Best left well alone D'Art but here we have Bill bringing it up.

Some people take point scoring to areas that are sacrosanct and jump on anything with frenzy, to create an issue when it does not exist.

Well you see I cant agree with that IC. I would have grilled toxic over the memorial tweet, so in some ways I would have been as guilty as Bill, in your eyes.

Furthermore the whole Daleks thing is very subjective - you dont know its just one other guys tale - the thread I referred to earlier demonstrates this perfectly. Some guys have never heard of WASP and its connotations but I have certainly have.

Well you see I cant agree with that IC. I would have grilled toxic over the memorial tweet, so in some ways I would have been as guilty as Bill, in your eyes.

Furthermore the whole Daleks thing is very subjective - you dont know its just one other guys tale - the thread I referred to earlier demonstrates this perfectly. Some guys have never heard of WASP and its connotations but I have certainly have.

Good points, allow me to make a final one. WASP enter it in to google it is second entry as Anglo Saxon, most guys online here should know that one any roads. Daleks Rangers brings up a Leggo and a McMurdo blog and a RM thread, all from last year!

Good points, allow me to make a final one. WASP enter it in to google it is second entry as Anglo Saxon, most guys online here should know that one any roads. Daleks Rangers brings up a Leggo and a McMurdo blog and a RM thread, all from last year!

Aye, that so? -

There was a lengthy thread here on the Daleks story back when it came out. Some fans who've been around the club for a great length of time referred to it as a term used by the scummiest of the scum for many years, including the man who Alex didn't feel the need to question Bill about.

So in summary you have accused a fellow Bear of something he is clearly not guilty of ?

So in summary you have accused a fellow Bear of something he is clearly not guilty of ?

So this is where he got it from, fuck sake. Not on google first page for me neither.

What has this to do with the disaster - obviously point scoring based on the disaster, he should never write another fucking blog if so, never.

So this is where he got it from, fuck sake. Not on google first page for me neither.

What has this to do with the disaster - obviously point scoring based on the disaster, he should never write another fucking blog if so, never.

Absolutely reeking.

Now I'm getting concerned. Are you ignoring all that has been pointed out to you for good reason ?

Bill has heard about it, Badger has heard about it, and now we have a video indicating it.

Just how is Bill "point scoring " ?

Would I be "point scoring" if I grilled toxic about his memorial tweet ?

Now I'm getting concerned. Are you ignoring all that has been pointed out to you for good reason ?

Bill has heard about it, Badger has heard about it, and now we have a video indicating it.

Just how is Bill "point scoring " ?

Would I be "point scoring" if I grilled toxic about his memorial tweet ?

Believe ED had quite an ancient frame of reference to it, as he would :7325:

Absolute fucking roaster

Cheers bud.....have had a helluva time trying to get that deal over the line. Things good at your end (tu)

Better now. Left the weight before the holidays, tough call but the right one. I'll fill in the gaps for ya off the mainline here.