Super Ally Suggesting Safe Song Sheet

nachothelegend

It's clearly not sectarian.

Appropriate? I see no reason why it would offend anybody else, but I also see no reason why it should be sung at a football match.

its sectarian. Only because it's about a man getting hung due to sectarian fighting. It's sectarian on their part though.

It's clearly not sectarian.

Appropriate? I see no reason why it would offend anybody else, but I also see no reason why it should be sung at a football match.

How about if sung by a Northern Irish Rangers fan who had a relative or friend killed by the IRA?

You may be aware Rangers do have several thousand Northern Irish fans.

How about if sung by a Northern Irish Rangers fan who had a relative or friend killed by the IRA?

You may be aware Rangers do have several thousand Northern Irish fans.

So now it depends on what nationality the person singing the song is?

Yeah, I'm clearly out my depth in this discussion. Silly me.

So now it depends on what nationality the person singing the song is?

Yeah, I'm clearly out my depth in this discussion. Silly me.

Anyone singing about Antrim or Down being home would pretty much have to be from Northern Ireland, wouldn't you think?

Maybe you're unfamiliar with Build My Gallows?

Didn't we get a wee book with all the safe songs on the first game of the season about 5 years ago as part of the pride not prejudice campaign? The PLG season IIRC.

Pretty sure I remember only an excuse taking the piss out it.

never saw it but wasn't it called ' the wee blue book '?

Get a list sorted, get some clarity and then it's done, and then no one can have any issues at the games if fans tell other fans to reign it in a bit.

The vocal few on here not wanting a list only say so as to ensure the issue will keep popping up when they chose to be offended by summit else.

Spot on!!

Wee Blue Book 06/07 season.

Welcome

Welcome to Ibrox and the Wee Blue Book is Rangers begin a new era. Traditionally, this handbook was issued at the start of every season and provided fans with the fixtures and facts for the season ahead.

Now your Wee Blue Book also includes a Rangers song list - songs and words agreed between the fans' representatives and the club.

All of us want the best for Rangers - both on and off the pitch. This includes showing the world that Rangers fans are proud not prejudiced. This is the real Rangers. This is our Rangers. Let's make it a great season.

Message from David Murray

I for one am delighted to relaunch the Wee Blue Book which for many fans was part and parcel of being a Rangers supporter. We have everything to play for this season and we are ready for the challenge both domestically and in Europe.

As we embark on a new era on the pitch, we must also meet the challenges we face with a minority of 'fans' who tarnish the name of theClub with sectarian signing. This behaviour has serious repercussions for the club and our supporters, as we know from the recent UEFA directive.

Representatives from the Rangers Assembly, Follow Follow, Rangers Trust and Scottish Alliance Delegates are working with the club in an effort to silence those who let the Club down. I thank the overwhelming majority of Rangers fans for their understanding and support on this issue.

I hope you enjoy the Wee Blue Book. Football is what we're all about at Ibrox and let's support the team in the true Rangers fashion.

Songs listed

1. Follow Follow

2. Every Other Saturday

3. Have You Seen the Glasgow Rangers?

4. The Blue Flag

5. The Famous Glasgow Rangers

6. The Blue Sea of Ibrox

7. It's Rangers For Me

8. Who's that Team?

9. The Rangers Over Here

10. Wolverhampton Town

11. Loyal Men in Blue

Whether you agree with the singing or not.

Why was it more noticeable and present at the Berwick match than other games ?

Was it something to do with fans thinking that the laws in England may be different ?

Was it in some way arranged or just spread around the support as the match went on ?