The Shire - good wee read

They should take the Place of Hearts in the SPL.

The way they Played at Ibrox today they should be very Proud of themselves.

I was sitting right beside their Fans today, and had a bit of Banter with them.

I was shouting away and Amalgamate with Falkirk , and Singing there's Only one Team in Falkirk.

They took it well and was meant as a Laugh of course.

I was impressed by their appetite for the Game.

well done to their fans today for the way they applauded Sandy Jardine statement & then again when they joined in on the 2 minute mark

They got involved all day. was great to see.

They also clapped our reserve boys with their trophy too

well done the shire.

Always had a soft spot for the Shire,stems from my brother managing them years ago.This is your bread and butter club,remember Ally in his programme notes in our first league game of the season at Ibrox saying he was glad it was the Shire that were our opponents,as they were the FIRST club to welcome Rangers into the SFL.

The Shire have also been screwed by past board members,having to sell their ground for peanuts,in a prime site in Falkirk for a pittance to pay off their debts.

This is why they are ground-sharing with Stenhousemuir fc.

Footnote ; remember attending a game years ago and the guys at hospitality were asked to name the man of the match,and they picked a guy that had only been on the park for 5 minutes????? Hospitalty was a bevvy UNDER the stand next to the changing rooms. :blush:

Wonder what happened to the shire fan who came on here at the start of the season

He was pretty passionate about his club

I'm still here and I'm still passionate about The Mighty Shire. I thought we gave a half decent account of ourselves today - obviously you were the better side with a lot more skill than we can currently muster but, without boring any of you again, we are in the process of picking ourselves up with few financial resources. It's a long hard slog but we've got a good set of people at the top now and although it will be a slow process I am more hopeful than I have been for some time.

Like yourselves we had a painful collision with people who turned our little club over leaving us homeless as mentioned by "Top Goalie". We nearly went under because of that.

So far as I am concerned Gers fans and their team are welcome at any time although I don't suppose we will be seeing much of you after this season.

You had too much for us today and I expected that but I didn't think 3-1 to a quality side was that much of a disgrace. I'm sure, also, that it will have been a big thrill for our part timers to play to such a huge audience and telly and all that!

I'm still here and I'm still passionate about The Mighty Shire. I thought we gave a half decent account of ourselves today - obviously you were the better side with a lot more skill than we can currently muster but, without boring any of you again, we are in the process of picking ourselves up with few financial resources. It's a long hard slog but we've got a good set of people at the top now and although it will be a slow process I am more hopeful than I have been for some time.

Like yourselves we had a painful collision with people who turned our little club over leaving us homeless as mentioned by "Top Goalie". We nearly went under because of that.

So far as I am concerned Gers fans and their team are welcome at any time although I don't suppose we will be seeing much of you after this season.

You had too much for us today and I expected that but I didn't think 3-1 to a quality side was that much of a disgrace. I'm sure, also, that it will have been a big thrill for our part timers to play to such a huge audience and telly and all that!

Took your goal really well and that young lad going back to the USA will be a big loss to you

Oh and we sing naughty songs every now and again so you shouldn't really be making us welcome :matron:

Well done OP - I,m also really impressed by this club and the journey into div 3

makes you appreciate what we have playing these teams- these guys on their weekly wage

and to deliver a game so competitive as today- they were brilliant and a manager who spoke well.

I enjoyed the young goalkeeper his employment being a welder in the shipyard .

He was excellent (tu)

Maybe bitter lemon and lewill its about time THEY need a reality check

Imagine them in the third division if it wasnt 20nil to celtic every game lennon would question the referees

the groundsman - the burger stall and the irn bru ball for having orange in it !!

Maybe we could repay your friendship with some friendly Matches on the future.

Would be good for your coffers.

Well done today your team gave a good account of themselves.

Especially in the first half.

Your team and fans are a credit to football . enjoyed watching that as a match how many teams have

played rangers and be winning one nil at half time with a goal that was even as a rangers fan

you applaud and enjoy for the game of football how it should be played .

Took your goal really well and that young lad going back to the USA will be a big loss to you

Oh and we sing naughty songs every now and again so you shouldn't really be making us welcome :matron:

Not bothered about the naughty songs myself. At the end of the day it is the fans who are the heartbeat of any club - the owners, directors, managers, players come and go but who are still there?