Ban Loyalist Songs At Ibrox?

Ban Loyalist Songs At Ibrox?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Loyalist Songs At Ibrox?

• No - It's our history/heritage
    • Yes - We should sing only Rangers songs
    • Dont Care - I hate Singing At The Football

Fair enough the "add ons " should maybe be toned down,

but i for one, enjoy getting the tunes on heading to Ibrox, having a sing song in a boozer and giving it Fathers Advice/No Surrender/Sash etc at the game.

Been going to the football for about 15 years and thats the way it's always been.

Stop lying down and giving into these fuckers trying to destroy our club.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really bad,according to this our support is very split which is a very sad day,I hope any people that are thinking of becoming snitches better start looking up there rule book to make sure there not grassing some1 up for a perfectly good and legal loyalist song.And i know its green that has said this and no fans have done it yet,but mr green better be more careful with his words from now on,or hes going to lose alot of the support that hes so far built up.We were here supporting our team before you charles,i think it would be best you remembered that!!

Where will it stop? Penny Arcade is sectarian to That lot. Loyalist songs are not offensive and we should continue to sing them loud and proud.

No matter what happens these songs will always have a place at Ibrox, they are not illegal.if we cut out the ftp and the f*nian i cant see what else they can want us to do.

It really is becoming beyond a joke... What next Scottish independence and no more God Save The Queen.

We must all stand up for what we believe in

Keep Rangers British

Why does having an association with the Northern Ireland fanbase mean having to sing Ulster Songs? There must be other ways to promote the connection?

Also with regards to 'if you remove that it just becomes another ordinary football club' - so when we started, up until the 1920's (50 years of the club) we were just another ordinary club?

For me, Rangers is not a 'Protestant Institution', it wasn't when I was growing up and isn't now. I don't disagree with anyone that is a protestant and wants to support Rangers, or bring it to the football. Everyone supports Rangers in their own way, I grew up believing Rangers to be a team that didn't give up, that fought hard, played with skill, style, flair and treated other teams, players with respect and dignity, which I believe is the Rangers way? Something we ask of all of those connected with Rangers. I got that from watching the team, and supporting them as a youngster 500 miles away, until I was 21 and moved to Glasgow.

Havent you heard, theres been a struggle to keep Northern Ireland Brittish for some while now.

So it does have a relevence to our Unionist struggle to keep it tjat way.

Anyway I never said we where a totally Protestant Institution but a predomenately Protestant Institution.

Why do you think the haters want us dead?

Time for our own Fans to wakem up to this and understand why.

Do you wish the our club to give up its Soul?

These traditions are part of our history, and it is a travesty if people inside Ibrox give it away .

Also you mention 1920 the Protestant church was very relevant in those days so the traditions of Ulster has been there since the Somme .

And as you say we have always respected our opponents whoch is a very Protestant ethic.

Fantastic.

I thought so too you knuckle dragging old fuck.

I know you're getting on a bit, but it's people like you who are detrimental to the future support.

Either get with the times or don't turn up.

The poll is misleading.

Option 2 - what exactly is a Rangers song? A song with Rangers in the words, I assume. So no, other songs are great. Derry's Walls, The Sash etc etc. To me these are Rangers songs as is/was TBB. Unfortunately, the last mentioned is banned.

Option 3 is just stupid, Who the fuk doesn't like to hear singing at football matches?

I know you're getting on a bit, but it's people like you who are detrimental to the future support.

Clear and outright east-enderry. Either that or you're just a fanny. I'm guessing both.

If your the kind of cunt I had to sit next at Ibrox then i would rather stay at home and watch the kids.

Get a more inteligent conversation out of a 4 yo.

Anyway I would defenately harbour a guess you never ever go to Ibrox ,and you are not a Rangers man.

If your the kind of cunt I had to sit next at Ibrox then i would rather stay at home and watch the kids.

Get a more inteligent conversation out of a 4 yo.

Anyway I would defenately harbour a guess you never ever go to Ibrox ,and you are not a Rangers man.

You'd rather spend time with kids. That's a strange statement.

Ill wave at you at the Annan game if you like.

If this continues and we are forced to give up songs that give up celebratuon of our History then im afraid i wont return to any football ground ever again.

If that has to include Ibrox then so be it.

Rangers are more than a clubthey are a predominately Protestant institution not only a club.Remember that.

Remove that and it juat becomes another plain ordinary football clubas well?

If thats what you want yhen just go and suppoet killie or Motherwell.

This subject is designed to fracture Rangers and it will.On a not soes this mean no more association with our N.Ireland fanbase?

bollocks - take all the religion and politics out and you are still left within e if the worlds greatest sporting institutions - take the football out and try for a political or religious rally at ibrox and about 50 not 50,000 would turn up - it's all about football - and that's good enough !

Rangers were here and the songs were here before your Catholic pal, Did he not know Glasgow has a Catholic club he could of followed since he does not like Rangers songs?

this is so sad, what a dumb answer .... no such thing as a catholic club or protestant club there is Rangers and c*ltic fuck all to do with religion, i welcome the day bigots like you die out

I would love keyboard warriors like you to visit a pub on match day and say that to the people who hold these traditions close to their heart.

You are either a filthy little taig or a yellow bellied mummy's boy keen to do the bidding of Rome.

this is so sad, what a dumb answer .... no such thing as a catholic club or protestant club there is Rangers and c*ltic fuck all to do with religion, i welcome the day bigots like you die out

It wasn't a dumb response at all. Although I agree that it is sad that certain people feel they can't support our club due to religious issues, there definitely is a club in Glasgow that is considered Catholic and we are considered the Protestant club to many.

That has always been there and depending on when your mate started supporting us it was probably there even more than it is now.