Ban Loyalist Songs At Ibrox?

Ban Loyalist Songs At Ibrox?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Loyalist Songs At Ibrox?

• No - It's our history/heritage
    • Yes - We should sing only Rangers songs
    • Dont Care - I hate Singing At The Football

i dont see that the loyalist songs are the problem, it's the words ftp and fenien that are causing the problem.

A point missed by the pc brigade.

I'm not overly keen on shouting FTP anymore so not fussed about that. I am however annoyed that we capitulated so easily with the Billy Boys by allowing them to convince the world a Fenian means a Catholic.

And just to give you an example of what we are up against here.

Many of us have argued for years now that singing 'go home ya h***' was as 'offensive' as singing 'why don't you go home'

It appears not because the Procurator Fiscal via advice from The Lord Advocate are telling us today that if you sing go home ya h*** it is not an arrest able offence. On the face of it and if you take this line in isolation I would agree. However there is a far more sinister aspect to this because when Celtic fans were asked to give their explanation of this song and why it's sung their stock reply was its their cuddly little pet name for Rangers fans. Again fair enough, although many of us would tell you they were the original h*** until again we rolled over and allowed them to use it against us.

What followed next was more or less a get to fuck when we pointed out their argument was flawed because they sang it towards Hearts fans, Kilmarnock fans and Dundee fans. So in our eyes it is a blatant anti Protestant chant because they are directing it towards fans who they perceive to be Protestant or have Protestant sympathies.

The argument was completely blown out the water when Hibs fans were caught on TV recently singing it towards Kilmarnock fans when they put them out the cup.

So this Frank Mulholland The Lord Advocate who many thought was a sound all round guy is actually complicit in ignoring the new legislation because it will harm the fans of the club he supports.

But hey why don't we get rid of all our loyalist songs and all other 'naughty' songs that hurt the ears of the easily offended.

Meanwhile we can just sit back and let Celtic and Hibs fans throw their bigoted chants in our direction and just laugh it off as always.

Time many on here and in our support grew a set of balls.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not overly keen on shouting FTP anymore so not fussed about that. I am however annoyed that we capitulated so easily with the Billy Boys by allowing them to convince the world a Fenian means a Catholic.

Many of us have argued for years now that singing 'go home ya h***' was as 'offensive' as singing 'why don't you go home'

It appears not because the Procurator Fiscal via advice from The Lord Advocate are telling us today that if you sing go home ya h*** it is not an arrest able offence. On the face of it and if you take this line in isolation I would agree. However there is a far more sinister aspect to this because when Celtic fans were asked to give their explanation of this song and why it's sung their stock reply was its their cuddly little pet name for Rangers fans. Again fair enough, although many of us would tell you they were the original h*** until again we rolled over and allowed them to use it against us.

What followed next was more or less a get to fuck when we pointed out their argument was flawed because they sang it towards Hearts fans, Kilmarnock fans and Dundee fans. So in our eyes it is a blatant anti Protestant chant because they are directing it towards fans who they perceive to be Protestant or have Protestant sympathies.

The argument was completely blown out the water when Hibs fans were caught on TV recently singing it towards Kilmarnock fans when they put them out the cup.

So this Frank Mulholland The Lord Advocate who many thought was a sound all round guy is actually complicit in ignoring the new legislation because it will harm the fans of the club he supports.

But hey why don't we get rid of all our loyalist songs and all other 'naughty' songs that hurt the ears of the easily offended.

Meanwhile we can just sit back and let Celtic and Hibs fans throw their bigoted chants in our direction and just laugh it off as always.

Well said Ad , but I am afraid no one inside Ibrox, and Half of our Fanbase are not Listening mate.

Its a Travesty , and will kill the Club.

The poll is completely disingenuous as it doesn't address the question that needs answering. Will a certain section of fans stop singing the parts of songs that get the club into trouble? That doesn't mean Loyalist songs and is not in any way about losing '140 years of tradition'. Has anyone been pulled up for singing Derrys Wall's, Fathers Advice amongst others? Thats not what this is about in any way.

Just because I want fans getting the club into the shit again and again doesn't mean I agree with what's happened. We can't regain the ground lost but we can make sure we don't give any more. We can keep the songs, even TBB with alterations could be revived if we as fans take responsibility and stop pissing against the wind.

It was traditional for South Sea Islanders to eat the brains of their forebears. Then they discovered Kuru and the damage it was causing them and their creed. Do you think they said 'but its our tradition, why should we care?'. If anyone thinks a few lines designed to wind up a support we have proven to be better than is more important than the futiure of the club then they really need to take a look at themselves.

No ban on Loyalist songs, drop the lines and add ons that are obviously causing the club (Ally as well as CG) grief and fight any attempt to take anything else from the songbook. Its time to play smart and drop the Luddite act.

well put

Being a loyalist is about being proud of being British and celebrating British tradition and culture. Its not about hating catholics. Its not about hating anyone, its about being proud of your own culture, not the dislike of another.

Now if it was just about songs or words in a song you would probably sit down and debate with people but it's not, it is and was about trying to obliterate us and everthing that we hold dear just because some little tribe of bhitter bheggars and their apologists take offence at us being the majority in the country and they just can't handle it. It's been an AGENDA from the start and it's still an AGENDA with them. But the tide is now turning and they are being seen for what they are ungrateful immigrants who have bit the hand off the people who took them in and fed them. Give in no more ground to these back stabbers, time to take our country back ! :sherlock:

Now if it was just about songs or words in a song you would probably sit down and debate with people but it's not, it is and was about trying to obliterate us and everthing that we hold dear just because some little tribe of bhitter bheggars and their apologists take offence at us being the majority in the country and they just can't handle it. It's been an AGENDA from the start and it's still an AGENDA with them. But the tide is now turning and they are being seen for what they are ungrateful immigrants who have bit the hand off the people who took them in and fed them. Give in no more ground to these back stabbers, time to take our country back ! :sherlock:

Who the fuck's hacked BD's account?