1. 1. Ban Loyalist Songs At Ibrox?

• No - It's our history/heritage
    • Yes - We should sing only Rangers songs
    • Dont Care - I hate Singing At The Football

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people should be allowed to sing Derry's Walls and The Sash loud and proud if they want and those constitute Loyalist songs, but all the sectarian stuff needs to be booted into touch once and for all. I don't define being a bear by my seething hatred of something else.

Banning those songs is a bit draconian, provided they're political and historical rather than religious I don't really see the problem with them (If we're talking Build My Gallows and Derry's Walls here)... I've never sung them though, Loyalism isn't a part of my own politics and has never been part of my family's support of Rangers insofar as I'm aware, I don't go to Ibrox to sing about Northern Irish politics, I go to watch Rangers play football so while I'm defending them on the basis of Freedom of Speech, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a huge fan.

Sorry wrong post

It depends what you define a Loyalist songs.

I am fed up hearing anti catholic pish coming out of people mouths, but that is sectarian. There is no need for that and it shouldn't be considered a Rangers tradition.

On the other hand, there are those who are proud protestant fans. If that group of fans want to celebrate their history without attacking other groups then they should be allowed to do so.

This 100%

Another poll. Fuck sake are cunts really this thick? Don't sing the "fuck the pope" or "Fenian" at the games. Loyalist songs are not the problem here.

Sing it in Rangers pubs / clubs on your Rangers supporters bus etc... don't sing them at Rangers games and no cunts can say anything about our support or Rangers.

The songs that the UB'S / TBO sing at Ibrox why can't people just sing these songs every week? They do it Ibrox.

and it does create a good atmosphere if people can be arsed to join in.