Ally ready to become a loser, to become a winner.

KingKirk

Ffs a man wi a plan??? Eh nearly end of the season? Should a plan not already be in place. Regardless of registration embargo etc, do u not have a plan to play some, just some decent football ally?? There is a short term and a long term plan in a sentence. Play fecking football

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess its all down to opinions but he wasn't deemed good enough to be killmarnocks first choice keeper in 2010/11 when they brought in mark brown to cover combe when he was injured.don't expect someone as good as McGreigor but would rather keep alexander. Watch bells mistake that put them out the cup a couple of weeks ago he makes mistakes like that often especially when he doesn't have a lot to do.

Ive not watched much Killie this season so perhaps he has made some mistakes, always impressed me when ive seen him, if we were paying a fee for him it might be different but as long as his wages are reasonable say 3-5k a week and with Alexander not looking like signing a new deal and even if he does hes 34-35 now and getting older and certainly not improving, Cammie Bell is as good a keeper as we will get for free in the lower leagues.

Ive not watched much Killie this season so perhaps he has made some mistakes, always impressed me when ive seen him, if we were paying a fee for him it might be different but as long as his wages are reasonable say 3-5k a week and with Alexander not looking like signing a new deal and even if he does hes 34-35 now and getting older and certainly not improving, Cammie Bell is as good a keeper as we will get for free in the lower leagues.

according to the papers it is £8000 a week, but not sure if you can trust that.

he couldn't even get a game for montrose when he went on loan to them a few years back didn't win so much as a motm for queens park when he played for them on loan.Very poor concentration and will not get away with his usual mistakes at Ibrox. He couldn't even get picked for Scotland under 21s

Ok if you can give me a better (realistic) option who is available on a free I'm happy to take into account your evaluation of bell but I think it's good business at this time!

Was encouraged until I got to the part about cammy bell,tells me all I need to know about the plan.

Yeah, it would be a stupid stupid idea to replace our high earning >30 year old keeper, with a hot prospect that is only about 25 IIRC, and will also be paid less than Alexander.

Yeah, it would be a stupid stupid idea to replace our high earning >30 year old keeper, with a hot prospect that is only about 25 IIRC, and will also be paid less than Alexander.

already answered, he is not a hot prospect, he had one good game in the cup final, not good enough for scotland u21's, makes mistakes constantly as he did a couple of weeks ago to knock killi out the cup and as he did when they were beating the sheep 2 nil until he threw 2 goals away. killi are the best side he has ever played for with only loan spells at montrose(only got 4 games) and queens park were he played 15 games with no motm or any real stand out games. He was deemed not good enough for scotland under 21's with only one cap for scotland senior side i think as a sub against the faroe islands. Two years ago he was deemed 2nd choice behind alan combe but when he got a serious injury they brought mark brown in on loan instead of playing him, if you look at alexanders history there is no comparison he has held down the number 1 spot at every club he has played for bar ipswich and us including scotland u19's and u21's. He is a good shot stopper but has problems with concentration when not in the game for long spells and makes atleast 3 howlers a year. Thats why no real interest from other clubs even though he is on a free.

I have just had enough of this, so I'm out

It's just words from someone trying to buy himself some more time. You can all slag me off for this as I couldn't give less of a fuck if I tried! He hasn't got a clue and the other two are worse, sorry but as far as I'm concerned his time is well and truly up.

Shite.

Nonsense....although it does seem encouraging at the moment these are just words....it will be interesting and hopefully reassuring to hear his vision/plan however questions should remain over where the plan was for this season as the objectives seem to have changed as the season has progressed yet the team has not!

his plan for this season as of the start of the season were:

Get a licence to play - check

Get enough players to have some sort of team - check

win league - check ( nearly)

he did not have much time or resources for much else

his plan for this season as of the start of the season were:

Get a licence to play - check

Get enough players to have some sort of team - check

win league - check ( nearly)

he did not have much time or resources for much else

Well why did he say at the start of the season his signings (black, sheils etc) were to compete for the cups and so he could put the best team possible on the pitch for the fans??

Had the objective been purely to win div 3 then why not sign the best SFL players at a fraction of what we are paying our current players....I'm sorry but to many are accepting of what has been a wasted year in terms of progress and finance....more could of and should have been accomplished this year!

Well why did he say at the start if the season his signings (black, sheils etc) were to compete for the cups and so he could put the best team possible on the pitch for the fans?? Had the objective been purely to win div 3 then why not sign the best SFL players at a fraction of what we are paying our current players....I'm sorry but to many are accepting of what has been a wasted year in terms of progress and finance....more could if and should have been accomplished this year!

Soundbite's to drum up season ticket sales. Anyone with any sense could see that our priority this season was to cobble together a team to win the League.

Soundbite's to drum up season ticket sales. Anyone with any sense could see that our priority this season was to cobble together a team to win the League.

Either you aren't the brightest or you are totally blind to the situation....cobbled together? Honestly....every team in the 3rd division is part time operating on a year to year basis in terms of squad....we brought in SPL experienced players and had a massive budget to work with....we are playing part time players....why pay so much on wages if the only target was sfl3?? It makes no sense and If you are right and this was just a sound bite then the rangers fans have been cheated...

After winning the reserve league fairly comfortably, I think players like Gallagher, Gasparatto, Wilson, Telfer, Ramsey, Walsh, Mitchell, Murdoch, Naismith & Hemmings deserve their chance. I hope they get that before the beginning of next season (Walsh aside who is injured IIRC), but if not I wouldn't be worried if they did have to start games next year.

MacLeod, McKay & Little (not technically a youngster but at 23 he's hardly a veteran) have probably been our best players this season (along with McCulloch & Wallace) and they have played with a hunger and desire this season that we could only dream of seeing from Black, Sandaza, et all.

Let's see if these other youngsters can follow the examples of McKay & MacLeod before we go splashing more money on big names that we might not need to.

This seems encouraging. Flies in the face of what a lot of people on here have been saying.

You can hardly blame some. I 100% agree with what McCoist is saying here and I'm encouraged, but..If he is so unhappy with these big name players why has he consistently gone out of his way to squeeze them into the team?

The games after we win the League will be some of the most important in his reign, in my opinion.

WTF, plan to get tough at the end of the season????? People who do not perform need sent to the stand immediately. This just has not been happening. Think he has been too soft on his big names. Really want him to succeed, but he is trying my patience.

Either you aren't the brightest or you are totally blind to the situation....cobbled together? Honestly....every team in the 3rd division is part time operating on a year to year basis in terms of squad....we brought in SPL experienced players and had a massive budget to work with....we are playing part time players....why pay so much on wages if the only target was sfl3?? It makes no sense and If you are right and this was just a sound bite then the rangers fans have been cheated...

We had a mass exodus of players in the Summer and had to buy in a new team in double quick time, we couldn't even fill the bench against Brechin. The only realistic target was to win the League this season, that was pretty clear. The players were probably bought with a view to the next few seasons.

I look forward to hearing what Ally has to say. If he can make changes and get the team playing better football then I am willing to give him more time.

He needs to start playing players in their correct/best position, and drop players who are not performing whoever they are. I hope he has the courage to do what he says he is going to do, time will tell.

Well why did he say at the start of the season his signings (black, sheils etc) were to compete for the cups and so he could put the best team possible on the pitch for the fans??

Had the objective been purely to win div 3 then why not sign the best SFL players at a fraction of what we are paying our current players....I'm sorry but to many are accepting of what has been a wasted year in terms of progress and finance....more could of and should have been accomplished this year!

for a person who keeps saying you hope Ally succeeds you don't half have a downer on him!