54 and 1 or 55?

Jtf1872

It shall be title No 55 officially from the club anyone wishing to dispute, you know the drill, e-mails, phone calls , twitter ect ect On another note cast your mind back to season 2010-11 which team celebrated on that last day, but actually won f/a? We will have a trophy to parade, not a paper cup.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 and 1. Claiming it as 55 would be an embarrassment from the club, we will celebrate it and we will forever record our triumph in our history but we are 54 times champions of Scotland and will be 55 when we are back.

i had initially thought this aswell until reading that coisty is claiming it 55 alot of good points and comments all the same :7325:

It's "embarrassing" to acknowledge a league win? Fuck off

We should sing 55because that's what it will be, but consider it 54+1.

Yes its embarrassing. No other team on the planet considers a lesser league win equatable to a national championship title.

Why? 'cos if they done so they'd be mocked to fuck for it.

This 54+1 patter is a fucking riddy too.

Celebrate if for what it is which is promotion, a bit of silverware and our first major milestone to being where we ought to be which is back at the top winning titles that we can add to our world record breaking 54 titles.

Anything else is absurd!

Thats rubbish, so Celtic who have been in a one horse race, which in my eyes a complete waste of time, a joke, you think they are not going to count it? Despite no-one else having a chance of winning it, course they are.

We are in Div3, we will win the title, it is a title just the same, it means just as much to me as the others. Having been very worried we might not have had a club, to say after everything this is title 55.

All this 54 +1, rubbish and to say its still 54 is shocking, after everything, perhaps next time if I meet any of the players should I tell them they shouldnt have bothered because no-one is counting it? Very sad way of looking at it.

54 and 1. Claiming it as 55 would be an embarrassment from the club, we will celebrate it and we will forever record our triumph in our history but we are 54 times champions of Scotland and will be 55 when we are back.

54 league titles is what the govan advertising board says not 54 times champions of scotland so if the club decide its 55 i'll go with it and tbh we are league champions just not the usual league we are in but its a league and should be classed as one.

Yes its embarrassing. No other team on the planet considers a lesser league win equatable to a national championship title.

Why? 'cos if they done so they'd be mocked to fuck for it.

This 54+1 patter is a fucking riddy too.

Celebrate if for what it is which is promotion, a bit of silverware and our first major milestone to being where we ought to be which is back at the top winning titles that we can add to our world record breaking 54 titles.

Anything else is absurd!

I doubt anyone actually wants us to replace the 54 with 54+1 on the text on the Govan stand. We still acknowledge it though,like any other club that has won in 2 tiers.

It will be 55 LEAGUES won though.

54 league titles is what the govan advertising board says not 54 times champions of scotland so if the club decide its 55 i'll go with it and tbh we are league champions just not the usual league we are in but its a league and should be classed as one.

So we are to base our opinions based on the advertising boards? :lol:

Want a bet that it wont say 55 league titles next season?

Name a reasonable price and donations can be sent to a charitable cause of the winner.

I doubt anyone actually wants us to replace the 54 with 54+1 on the text on the Govan stand. We still acknowledge it though,like any other club that has won in 2 tiers.

It will be 55 LEAGUES won though.

Of course we'll acknowledge it but certainly not by adding it to our 54 titles haul or using some quasi statement like 54+1

Only if you're 5 and your greatest claim to wit is calling someone a smelly bum.

lol, what? rubbish.

This is a league title and we should aknowledge it as so, after everything we deserve it to be added, as i said, Celtic's joke of a title win, will be added just the same.

So we are to base our opinions based on the advertising boards? :lol:

Want a bet that it wont say 55 league titles next season?

Name a reasonable price and donations can be sent to a charitable cause of the winner.

It's in big writing to remind us of titles won so if it says 55 next season are you going to disagree? Name yer price for a bet I enjoy a wee wager and my charity of choice is HFH let's say if it says 54 you donate 54 if it says 55 ill donate 55.

lol, what? rubbish.

This is a league title and we should aknowledge it as so, after everything we deserve it to be added, as i said, Celtic's joke of a title win, will be added just the same.

Yep, its a league title but its not a national title.

Again, I'll offer you a bet similar to the one I offered dazza that the club will not recognize this in the same way we do our 54 titles either by stating its 55 or 55 semi-lite.

Name your price and winnings go towards a charitable cause.

It's in big writing to remind us of titles won so if it says 55 next season are you going to disagree? Name yer price for a bet I enjoy a wee wager and my charity of choice is HFH let's say if it says 54 you donate 54 if it says 55 ill donate 55.

If it says 55 I'll cough up on the bet but still disagree with the stance.

It wont though.

You're on. £55 to Erskine when not if I'm correct.

I think it will be pathetic if it is not aknowledged, it is where we were put, we have won it.

We played, we won, its 55.

of course we're going to acknowledge it ffs

We'll do so just as every other team on the planet has when they won a league in the lower divisions.

If it says 55 I'll cough up on the bet but still disagree with the stance.

It wont though.

we can only wait until we see what the club thinks thats all im doing as i like many others are caught between a rock and a hard place as it is a league title at the end of the day.

we can only wait until we see what the club thinks thats all im doing as i like many others are caught between a rock and a hard place as it is a league title at the end of the day.

The bet is on?

I don't want to see us belittle the success of previous championships as well as the 3rd division title by pretending its something it isn't.

It doesn't wind them up tho

In my experience it makes them laugh. As in derisory laughing not the "we're actually jealous' kind

This 55 crap needs to stop.

It's a 4th rate 'title'. We acknowledge it and move on.

this

lets not embarrass ourselfs.

Of course as a club we will acknowledge it either way. I can understand why people would want it at 55 but for me we are world record 54 times champions of our country, hence why we are the best and most successful in the land. I am not putting on a top with a 6th star when 3 of them have come from outside the top league, its cringe worthy.