Jon Daly impressed with Ally

djbroxybear

Diplomatic debate and shooting soldiers are different.

I don't hold it against the guy. I only ever said I don't fancy the bears reaction if a flag was shouldered in Ibrox. I still don't know how that would go.

And I'm living in the past, not those who are shooting each other...

Aye, I'm evil to the core.

I don't think I accused you of any of those things, I don't particularly expect to see an Irish flag in Ibrox, I am curious as to how you can equate the things you talk about to Jon Daly, it must be nice for you to feel guilty for every crime committed in the UK and every decision of its government? Should you be held to account for that?

Looks like Dykebar has had some escapists tonight.

I know...Taig lovefest in this thread!

I don't think I accused you of any of those things, I don't particularly expect to see an Irish flag in Ibrox, I am curious as to how you can equate the things you talk about to Jon Daly, it must be nice for you to feel guilty for every crime committed in the UK and every decision of its government? Should you be held to account for that?

Why not? If some fans are desperate to sign Daly then why would they not take a Tri-Colour to support the man like many do with other players!!!

Lol. You do realise the the Iraqis and Afghanis both shoot or behead British non combatants when they consider us at war. Maybe you don't. So, the public are indeed held accountable for their govt actions...

I feel.guilty about nothing. I was being sarcastic and you know it..

Troll

Dundee United striker Jon Daly could become the first Republic Of Ireland player to play for Rangers should he move to the club in September.

Ally McCoist has targeted the Dundee United striker and is keen to sign him on a free on September 1st when the transfer embargo is lifted. Daly is just one of many targets McCoist is working on. The player himself has said he would be interested in a move and has spoke of his respect for Ally McCoist.

Daly said that he was impressed after Rangers' 3-0 defeat to Dundee United in the Scottish Cup when he waited in the tunnel to shake every United's player's hand. He said that he has a lot of respect for McCoist after that.

The signing of Jon Daly would be historic for Rangers who have never signed a Republic Of Ireland player before. It could be a landmark move to follow the previous landmark when Rangers signed Roman Catholic Mo Johnston in 1989.

Daly's previous clubs include Stockport, Bury, Grimsby and Hartlepool. He has not played for the Republic Of Ireland full team but has represented them at under 16, under 19, under 20 and under 21 levels.

Read more: http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=534150#ixzz2P7fkBRs7

icon1.gifJon Daly - from Dundee Hibs Forum

I think it's fair to say that Jon Daly is on the decline as a footballer.

Everyone has their peak, and for the big man it was probably last season. Looks like another potential dud signing from Ally:

http://eastfootball.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40934

Now, he moves like a player in his late 30s rather than someone who is scarily younger than me.

But most worrying is his goal record for this season.

In open play, Jon Daly has scored 6 goals in 28 games. He hasn't scored for us in the league in 13 games and but for a good month between November 16 and December 15 has only scored 2 open play league goals all season.

Those aren't great stats for a guy who has played in all but one game this season and is presented with a free header in most of those.

You can only imagine if the problem is injuries catching up with him that it'll only get worse, but you never know - he might improve.

Am going to stand up for the majority of Rangers supporters and say Jon Daly got no place at Ibrox, who are these so called Rangers supporters that want him here coz every gd loyal Ranger that I talk to don't want him here.

One Crown, One Religion , One Club GSTQ

triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3.png

Lol. You do realise the the Iraqis and Afghanis both shoot or behead British non combatants when they consider us at war. Maybe you don't. So, the public are indeed held accountable for their govt actions...

I feel.guilty about nothing. I was being sarcastic and you know it..

Troll

Troll because.....?

You want to justify your prejudice by comparing yourself to Iraqi and Afghan terrorists?

I am just trying to get you to explain why you think Jon Daly shouldn't be signed by us because you disagree with actions of his government.

I note over pages of asking this nobody is answering the point, in the absence of an answer I am presuming it is because there is no hint of a sensible answer.

Troll because.....?

You want to justify your prejudice by comparing yourself to Iraqi and Afghan terrorists?

I am just trying to get you to explain why you think Jon Daly shouldn't be signed by us because you disagree with actions of his government.

I note over pages of asking this nobody is answering the point, in the absence of an answer I am presuming it is because there is no hint of a sensible answer.

I've said, and ill say again. I think he is past it and too slow.

The flag part is an aside ffs.

No, I'm comparing iraquis to ROI terrorists and showing public viewpoints to those people, and those peoples viewpoint to the public.