Two banned for singing at Montrose

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andypendek

3 nights in custody...yes, vicious criminals these.

The lesson there is, never get yourself done on a Bank Holiday weekend.

So it's cool to sing follow follow if we change the "fuck the p" bit?

Exactally, I do and TBH you do feel like a bit of a d!ck sing 'aberdeen and back again' but those are the proper words and if we dont change FF will be banned as well as TBB.

Exactally, I do and TBH you do feel like a bit of a d!ck sing 'aberdeen and back again' but those are the proper words and if we dont change FF will be banned as well as TBB.

Aye I'm happy to sing that, I've still never understood what the pope and the queen are to do with the club.

Folk need to wise up. Finger pointing at the scum doesn't help.

It's very clear what is unacceptable in the eyes of the law, so regardless of whether you think it right or wrong, you can't sing or chant it.

I think the laws are draconian, but they are there, and ignoring them results in arrest and embarrassment to the club.

There is nothing to be gained by singing defiantly. It gives the tims more ammo and a right good laugh by playing into their hands like puppets.

The only ways to beat this is to knock it on the head, use your imagination and sing or chant something that says the same but doesn't fall foul of the law, or just stick to singing Rangers songs.

That way, it is only ever going to be them tagged as sectarian fans and we can stand back and laugh at them. Sooner or later, with a little bit of help, their terrorist loving has to be dealt with.

How do they know if its the UVF from older times or recent times we sing about? Are all cops and prosecutors mind readers or do they need statistics to bolster their bill that was introduced last year

Since when have we Rangers fans sung about the original UVF? You are being disingenuous about the reason people sing about the UVF and whether it is the modern or original UVF.

They'll not be happy until fans stop singing at games completely. Banned for five years for singing those two songs is scandalous. I think the coppers should be out looking for the real criminals instead of people going to watch the football.

It wasn't the songs. It is the add ons that caused the problems.

No add ons = No problem

I've got a small few mates who are sellik fans, but every time I read about one of our fans being arrested for singing anything while they get to do and sing what they like makes me feel like the divide between the two cultures is being pushed further and further apart and its the media who are driving it.

Divide and conquer.

This question actually proves how brainwashed our support is.

What songs do we sing that glorify terrorists?

There used to be "UDA all the way......" and the "Three cheers for the red, white and blue" with UVF at the end.

You having a disagreement with other posters will not change the law. It is illegal to sing about terrorist organisations and to sing FTP (or FTQ) and suchlike. You appear unable or unwilling to understand that fact.

Like it or not this stuff is on the way out! If that mob want to sing about their glorious child murdering hero's that's their business but I am totally offended by it. I can't say the UVF Fuck the Pope stuff is OK as that would be hypocritical. It's all bitter and it's all offensive and should be no more tolerated in our society than Catholic Schools.

Utter rubbish, we never sung about the UVF until after the terrorism started in the late sixties.

These are the songs which are sung by the rangers support. They're historical songs. I don't know any which refer to the modern day UVF which are sung at games