Reconstruction to fail?.

gogzy

Listening to Radio Clyde from last night, Mark Guidi's comments re St Mirren are disgraceful

Yes they were. He was completely out of order.

I can't believe they are freaking out so much about him changing his mind, while all the time trying to put pressure on ross county to CHANGE THEIR MIND.

It's bloody unreal.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's where we are at just now

St Johnstone have said yes at their meeting last week and it looks like Motherwell will say yes, so still waiting on the County vote, i bet their phone has been red hot all day and the postman had a few extra big parcels to deliver this morning.

the Quote is from the STV site

Hearts join Aberdeen and Inverness in publically backing the reconstruction proposals.

St Mirren have said they will vote against the change.

Yes they were. He was completely out of order.

I can't believe they are freaking out so much about him changing his mind, while all the time trying to put pressure on ross county to CHANGE THEIR MIND.

It's bloody unreal.

The thing is, they have not changed their mind. There has never been a vote on the full package, just a show of hands on whether or not they should continue to discuss reconstruction.

...If Ross County do as i expect and say no!....reconstruction is no more for the moment,where does Scottish football go from here...if as expected the spl go bust what happens to the clubs without a league?..

..Harsh as it may seem i think this senario could just be the making of Scottish football...

...If Ross County do as i expect and say no!....reconstruction is no more for the moment,where does Scottish football go from here...if as expected the spl go bust what happens to the clubs without a league?..

..Harsh as it may seem i think this senario could just be the making of Scottish football...

they will play in the Anti-nowhere league :000000082:

Is that Liewells plan, allow the SPL to go bust so Celtic can seek a new league??

Borrowed from a Motherwell forum..... Reconstruction debate on Thursday.

Right I am just back from the open forum and I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the turnout. Only 20 or so fans turned up on the night in what I feel is an important issue for the club and the future of Scottish Football. I concede that some folk will have had other commitments but surely we could muster at least 100.

Anyway they started tonight by taking a straw poll on the issue. 4 voted in favour of the proposals and 6 voted against the proposals and the remainder were undecided. I was one of people who voted against the proposals. The club went on to say that if the status quo remained they would lose at least £300k as a result of prize money dropping. They went on to say that the SKY have valued the 12-12-18 setup higher than the current setup in terms of TV revenues. Also from what was discussed I interpreted that there is a league sponsor lined up if they new system gets the green light. I also believe that this will be a gambling company and will be in the region of £1.8 million.

I expressed that my main concern with the proposals was the split in to three eights especially the middle 8 points zeroing and going in to a new league. They said this would be a separate sub competition and any revenues generated by this play off system -TV for example- will be distributed between those 8 clubs. I argued that I don't believe TV companies will be interested in Raith Rovers v St Mirren etc and I don't think it would get more fans through the door anymore than it would in the current format. They admitted that the new set up was a huge gamble but they have to try it. I also expressed my concern that they were abolishing guaranteed promotion because the bottom four in the Premier would finish top 4 in the play off league. They also conceded that this was a possibility but with the extra money they clubs receive under the new proposals they would be able to put an infrastructure in place and be able to compete over time.

Voting structure was an issue discussed and at no point was the 11-1 structure defended. They did say that they don't like it but it remains and they added that most issues will be 9-3.

It's quite late and that's all the real detail I can remember. Once the discussion ended they had another vote and 13 were in favour and 2 were against the proposals and the remainder undecided. Again I voted against the proposals. The split structure is the main issue and I wasn't convinced by what the board had to say on the matter. I am yet to be convinced that there will be a commercial interest in the middle 8 with regards to TV companies. I also have real concerns about the 11-1 voting structure and certain issues being set in stone for 3 years just in time for Rangers to be back in the league.

Although I remain against the proposals my position on the matter has shifted somewhat. I was planning on not renewing my season ticket and was set not to watch football under this new set up if it goes ahead. However, I will go back regardless of the outcome. The club are in a tricky position and they are not sleepwalking in to this new set up. They genuinely believe that this is the best way forward and will allow us to continue to progress in the way we have in the last few years. They are

continuously looking 5 years ahead and have a vision for where we are going in the future. I have to respect that. It's not only the club but the fans too. In 2 meetings now the opinion in the room shifted. The more the club communicate the proposals the more people are convinced and that can't be denied. People may point to the low turnout but that's not the clubs fault is it? I believe that had 120 people been there then we would have got a similar outcome.

Although, I am still against the proposals I am more understanding of the decision the club has to make and why they are in favour of the proposals.

Right I am just back from the open forum and I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the turnout. Only 20 or so fans turned up on the night in what I feel is an important issue for the club and the future of Scottish Football. I concede that some folk will have had other commitments but surely we could muster at least 100.

Anyway they started tonight by taking a straw poll on the issue. 4 voted in favour of the proposals and 6 voted against the proposals and the remainder were undecided. I was one of people who voted against the proposals. The club went on to say that if the status quo remained they would lose at least £300k as a result of prize money dropping. They went on to say that the SKY have valued the 12-12-18 setup higher than the current setup in terms of TV revenues. Also from what was discussed I interpreted that there is a league sponsor lined up if they new system gets the green light. I also believe that this will be a gambling company and will be in the region of £1.8 million.

This deal needs to be made public. I thought the TV deal was locked down for years.

I expressed that my main concern with the proposals was the split in to three eights especially the middle 8 points zeroing and going in to a new league. They said this would be a separate sub competition and any revenues generated by this play off system -TV for example- will be distributed between those 8 clubs. I argued that I don't believe TV companies will be interested in Raith Rovers v St Mirren etc and I don't think it would get more fans through the door anymore than it would in the current format. They admitted that the new set up was a huge gamble but they have to try it. I also expressed my concern that they were abolishing guaranteed promotion because the bottom four in the Premier would finish top 4 in the play off league. They also conceded that this was a possibility but with the extra money they clubs receive under the new proposals they would be able to put an infrastructure in place and be able to compete over time.

Voting structure was an issue discussed and at no point was the 11-1 structure defended. They did say that they don't like it but it remains and they added that most issues will be 9-3.

It's quite late and that's all the real detail I can remember. Once the discussion ended they had another vote and 13 were in favour and 2 were against the proposals and the remainder undecided. Again I voted against the proposals. The split structure is the main issue and I wasn't convinced by what the board had to say on the matter. I am yet to be convinced that there will be a commercial interest in the middle 8 with regards to TV companies. I also have real concerns about the 11-1 voting structure and certain issues being set in stone for 3 years just in time for Rangers to be back in the league.

Although I remain against the proposals my position on the matter has shifted somewhat. I was planning on not renewing my season ticket and was set not to watch football under this new set up if it goes ahead. However, I will go back regardless of the outcome. The club are in a tricky position and they are not sleepwalking in to this new set up. They genuinely believe that this is the best way forward and will allow us to continue to progress in the way we have in the last few years. They are

continuously looking 5 years ahead and have a vision for where we are going in the future. I have to respect that. It's not only the club but the fans too. In 2 meetings now the opinion in the room shifted. The more the club communicate the proposals the more people are convinced and that can't be denied. People may point to the low turnout but that's not the clubs fault is it? I believe that had 120 people been there then we would have got a similar outcome.

Although, I am still against the proposals I am more understanding of the decision the club has to make and why they are in favour of the proposals.

Also borrowed from an earlier post in this topic, lol!!!