Reconstruction to fail?.

gogzy

Very good point it will unravel more and more every day and when this is all finished it is time for an investigation into this lot the SPL, SFA, DONCASTER, REGAN, HARPER MCLEOD, PETER LIEWELL, PETRIE, THOMPSON, have i missed anyone.

Yea the sheep, when they had a vote last year on the voting system its was them who cast the telling vote on keeping the 11-1 system, so they go into your pot my good man.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andypendek
They are spewing on Sportsound - caught the end of Thomson of UTD.. He says if those two vote there is no change. Blaming the two clubs for leaving Scottish football in a flux. Get it right fucking up them, the proposal was a joke anyway.

On a point of pedantry, if the proposals are rejected Scottish football would be in a state of stasis, not flux.

Worrying how dim so many of the SPL/SFL high heid yins seem to be.

They want our tv money m8.

No doubts they want the blue pound and tv rights, but this whole new set up will end up costing top six teams a heck of a lot of money while making the gap knewco have over the rest bigger.

Far from a more even distribution of wealth this will weaken any challenge to "them" for the next few years. 1st place in the spl are only losing 350k which is not a huge amount to "them" but 2nd placed side will lose double that. Indeed every top six side will be worse off financially under the new set up and only one can really afford the hit (guess who).

Other spl clubs as so blinded by sucking up to lieswell that they cant see what's really going on here. Also interesting that the diddy teams have been moaning about voting rights for ten years and now have a chance to change it but wont cause they fear lieswell.

Lieswells end game is to kill the spl and Scottish football so his mob can worm their way out of the Scottish league and his lapdog followers seem to be so busy kissing his arse they cant see it.

Next season they will understand what a blunder they made following the pied piper of hamelin

On a point of pedantry, if the proposals are rejected Scottish football would be in a state of stasis, not flux.

Worrying how dim so many of the SPL/SFL high heid yins seem to be.

The way it's going Andy I think it's more like a Stasi State rather than a state of stasis.

I get the feeling we may be too early in celebrating the demise of this scheme.

The fact that it has all came out a whole week in advance gives the mhob plenty of time to put on maximum pressure to change the minds of St Mirren or Ross County ( who already are refusing to publicly state their opposition).

Today's Sun gives you an idea of how it will be portrayed as ruining Scottish football without a shred of evidence to say how this is the case.

It will no doubt be followed by a campaign to portray the two teams as puppets of Green who is out to wreck the otherwise beloved SPL.

It would not amaze me to see a change of heart next week, after a couple of superficial alterations to the scheme, followed by a statement claiming we had to back it or nest season would have been the last etc etc

if Ross County and St Mirren want to vote no, because they don't feel it's best for Scottish football, that's their choice to, it's a vote. The the media are wrong to say they are ruining Scottish football, as it can be seen as bullying. The responsibility of looking after Scottish football is that of the SFA, the clubs only get to vote on the agendas set by them.

It would not amaze me to see a change of heart next week, after a couple of superficial alterations to the scheme, followed by a statement claiming we had to back it or nest season would have been the last etc etc

Totally agree with that, i've got a feeling County may bottle it!

No doubts they want the blue pound and tv rights, but this whole new set up will end up costing top six teams a heck of a lot of money while making the gap knewco have over the rest bigger.

Far from a more even distribution of wealth this will weaken any challenge to "them" for the next few years. 1st place in the spl are only losing 350k which is not a huge amount to "them" but 2nd placed side will lose double that. Indeed every top six side will be worse off financially under the new set up and only one can really afford the hit (guess who).

Other spl clubs as so blinded by sucking up to lieswell that they cant see what's really going on here. Also interesting that the diddy teams have been moaning about voting rights for ten years and now have a chance to change it but wont cause they fear lieswell.

Lieswells end game is to kill the spl and Scottish football so his mob can worm their way out of the Scottish league and his lapdog followers seem to be so busy kissing his arse they cant see it.

Next season they will understand what a blunder they made following the pied piper of hamelin

(tu) This. I've saying this for weeks. The only way out of Scotland is if there is no effective professional league. Kill the league, make your case to UEFA and off you go...

Think some are getting a little ahead of themselves.

The cabal have plenty of time to apply the screws to those who are against.

We have def not heard the last of this.

Gilmour has said, they're totally against it. They are not for turning. Gonnae listen to things rather than just throw in some shite like its fact.

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland, Gardiner said: "We know we have a sick patient here. Crowds are going down, sponsorship is going down, TV audiences are disastrous and the First Division is effectively a basket case. Our game is in dire need of change.

"I believe SPL clubs and First Division clubs will go out of business if we stay with the status quo. :bomb_piggary:

The dundee chairman has had a lot to say today. Saying if change isn't delivered for next season then some sphel and SFL1 clubs will go under.

I cant for the life of me figure out why SPL clubs would go under without reconstruction. Surely reconstruction is about allowing money to flow out of the SPL.

Is there something they are not telling us about ?

(rhetorical question BTW)

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland, Gardiner said: "We know we have a sick patient here. Crowds are going down, sponsorship is going down, TV audiences are disastrous and the First Division is effectively a basket case. Our game is in dire need of change.

"I believe SPL clubs and First Division clubs will go out of business if we stay with the status quo. :bomb_piggary:

I heard him say that lasy night I wondered what the other chairman would think of his honestly considering everything is meant to be so rosy in the SPL this season.

Beer is in the fridge, phone on silent, popcorn at the ready. Bring it on, baby!

Gardiner also said St Midden were acting in self interest.

I see this as kettle and black (sorry non white), in that he himself is voting in self interest for his shit team to stay in the SPL.

My oh my, they've learned nothing from last summer, shower of self interested shits, there has to be one opinion and that is Liewell's.

Gardiner also said St Midden were acting in self interest.

I see this as kettle and black (sorry non white), in that he himself is voting in self interest for his shit team to stay in the SPL.

My oh my, they've learned nothing from last summer, shower of self interested shits, there has to be one opinion and that is Liewell's.

Can you explain this a little further?

Do you mean if the reconstruction goes ahead then Dundee will not be relegated? That is the first I have heard of that

I get the feeling we may be too early in celebrating the demise of this scheme.

The fact that it has all came out a whole week in advance gives the mhob plenty of time to put on maximum pressure to change the minds of St Mirren or Ross County ( who already are refusing to publicly state their opposition).

Today's Sun gives you an idea of how it will be portrayed as ruining Scottish football without a shred of evidence to say how this is the case.

It will no doubt be followed by a campaign to portray the two teams as puppets of Green who is out to wreck the otherwise beloved SPL.

This

In all of this bluster, has there been any confirmation that the governing bodies WILL merge, how and when this will be done, and who will lead this revamped organisation? The way I see it, there's some huge cost savings to be made here. And surely this stream-lined organisation who subsequently would have a vested interest in ALL clubs could then lead the way forward with the specifics on how to change things for the good of the game.

Seems illogical to race to change leagues, rule books etc before they restructure themselves. Cart before horse.

Why is it they're doing it this way........ oh that's right, the same SELF-INTEREST they're slaughtering St Mirren & Ross County for now.

Sportingintegritymyarse right enough

The dundee chairman has had a lot to say today. Saying if change isn't delivered for next season then some sphel and SFL1 clubs will go under.

Thats the real cause that's driving the change. They wrecked their league and now want everyone to bail them out.

If these clubs are financially mismanaged and go bust, that's their lookout and they should be punished.

No mercy.

Purely in the interests of sporting integrity you understand.

Now watch as the SPL tries to buy, blackmail or bully the buddies and RC into lying down.

The tims will look to start threats of boycotts, despite their stance on such a thing.